Author Topic: Just How Old is the U.S. Constitution?  (Read 5465 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Just How Old is the U.S. Constitution?
« on: March 12, 2014, 05:40:39 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Just How Old is the U.S. Constitution? Sheila Jackson Lee Has an Interesting Answer

Mar. 12, 2014 6:42pm Becket Adams   

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) claimed Wednesday that the United States Constitution is 400 years old.

This would mean that the Constitution was signed in 1614, the year Pocahontas married John Rolfe in Jamestown, Virginia.

“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a Constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not,” the Yale University and University of Virginia Law School alumna said.

Read more: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/12/just-how-old-is-the-u-s-constitution-sheila-jackson-lee-has-an-interesting-answer/

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Just How Old is the U.S. Constitution?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:45:33 PM »
Back in the early 90's when that whole "Cross Colors" and back to Africa movement was going on, I saw a Hebrew lady that had a shirt that said "Damn right I have an attitude, if you'd been in chains and bondage 400 years you'd have one too". I thought, even as a 10-12 year old, "first blacks came here in 1617 and slavery ended in 1865 at the latest, hmmm".

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:47:08 PM »
Back in the early 90's when that whole "Cross Colors" and back to Africa movement was going on, I saw a Hebrew lady that had a shirt that said "Damn right I have an attitude, if you'd been in chains and bondage 400 years you'd have one too". I thought, even as a 10-12 year old, "first blacks came here in 1617 and slavery ended in 1865 at the latest, hmmm".

haha... Dat public school brainwashing didn't have enough of an affect on you...  :o

How did this fine woman get into Yale?

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:05:33 PM »

Meanwhile on the continent of Africa slavery still exists. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 07:17:43 PM »
Oh look - another leftist making an idiotic remark that had palin done it the libs would be in meltdown

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 07:24:29 PM »

Actually slavery began long before the Mayflower.....still here today.  I'd suggest you not read into it that much
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 07:26:13 PM »

Actually slavery began long before the Mayflower.....still here today.  I'd suggest you not read into it that much

You keeping a slave in the kitchen Vince?   ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 07:32:22 PM »
She's as dumb as a bag of hammers...only people worse are the ones who vote for her.

Slavery is another in a long line of excuses for the some blacks...cry me a river Vince. My people suffered genocidal wars against the Brits...u idiots can get in line when its time for reparations. 
L

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 07:48:21 PM »
She's as dumb as a bag of hammers...only people worse are the ones who vote for her.

Slavery is another in a long line of excuses for the some blacks...cry me a river Vince. My people suffered genocidal wars against the Brits...u idiots can get in line when its time for reparations. 

To minimize how blacks have been historically treated in this country is pure ignorance. 

I am NOT saying us white folks today are guilty of jack shit but white-washing what a shitty deal blacks got in this country for way, way too long (from 1619 through the 1950's) doesn't do credit to anyone.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 03:16:50 AM »
To minimize how blacks have been historically treated in this country is pure ignorance. 

I am NOT saying us white folks today are guilty of jack shit but white-washing what a shitty deal blacks got in this country for way, way too long (from 1619 through the 1950's) doesn't do credit to anyone.

It's an excuse for sure.  Asian Americans can come right off the boat and perform better than blacks.  Time to put away the excuses and hold their community responsible for themselves.  They can't milk the victim teet forever.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 03:18:21 AM »

It still exists in Africa today.  Muslims were doing it centuries before Europeans and to a much greater degree.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 04:52:13 AM »

You're delusional.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 04:55:28 AM »
You're delusional.

Being a slave has nothing to do with picking cotton out in the field you moron....,.
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 05:10:32 AM »

Being a slave has nothing to do with picking cotton out in the field you moron....,.

You are an imbecile.

If slavery, or what your dumb self perceives as slavery, still exists in the USA, then why are you still here? Why don't you move back to Rwanda ?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 05:11:27 AM »
Back to the topic.

These dumocrats make Dan Quayle look like a genius.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 05:20:51 AM »

No need to resort to name calling Vince, I have never done that to you, as a matter of fact, it was my thread about your blue stars that finally got Ron to issue them to you.  I like you, or your online persona, and we can disagree, but there is no need for name calling or personal attacks due to a difference in opinion.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 06:56:54 AM »
You're delusional.

Gooddumb is completely dillusional.  He buys into the whole narrative of blacks as perpetual victims and that no group has ever suffered but blacks.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 07:06:18 AM »
It's an excuse for sure.  Asian Americans can come right off the boat and perform better than blacks.  Time to put away the excuses and hold their community responsible for themselves.  They can't milk the victim teet forever.

I wouldn't disagree about any of that.   Frankly, I don't know enough about the subject to really say one way or the other how significantly blacks as a whole are affected by how they've been treated in this country historically.  (If I had to guess, I'd say the effect isn't so bad in most places.)  

What I AM saying is that when talking about how badly blacks were treated in (what is now) the USA in the past, it's just wrong to try to minimize it.  When I hear people say things like "Italians and Irish immigrants had it just as bad as blacks in this country" I know they are full of shit and they need to be called out on that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 07:10:17 AM »
Who gives a F really?  The bottom line is what are people doing NOW.  If some lazy slob is smoking chooms, sleeping till 2 in the afternoon, robbing cars, abusing welfare, popping out kids like a pez dispenser, is that really the fault of slavery 150 years ago? 

GMAFB

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 07:28:07 AM »

Exactly. The last black american who experienced slavery died 100 years ago. Today's blacks came up in a society where they were not only no more 'disadvantaged' than most white people, but where they actually had racially-based ADVANTAGES over white people.

All they have now is excuses. The asian americans suffered immense racism and institutionalized discrimination since the 1850's...and look at them now, compared to blacks. You never hear excuses from them.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 07:55:42 AM »
I wouldn't disagree about any of that.   Frankly, I don't know enough about the subject to really say one way or the other how significantly blacks as a whole are affected by how they've been treated in this country historically.  (If I had to guess, I'd say the effect isn't so bad in most places.)  

What I AM saying is that when talking about how badly blacks were treated in (what is now) the USA in the past, it's just wrong to try to minimize it.  When I hear people say things like "Italians and Irish immigrants had it just as bad as blacks in this country" I know they are full of shit and they need to be called out on that.

You have many good points. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 08:01:50 AM »
Exactly. The last black american who experienced slavery died 100 years ago. Today's blacks came up in a society where they were not only no more 'disadvantaged' than most white people, but where they actually had racially-based ADVANTAGES over white people.

All they have now is excuses. The asian americans suffered immense racism and institutionalized discrimination since the 1850's...and look at them now, compared to blacks. You never hear excuses from them.

Many Blacks just love to play the victim.

Just like Muslims.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »

So slavery, which officially ended in 1865, was the only disadvantage suffered by blacks?  To hear you tell it, one would think that, starting in 1856 or so, blacks were on equal footing with whites.  And that is bullshit.

Your comment comparing racism against Asians to that suffered by blacks in the USA since after the Civil War is even more ignorant.  Read a freakin' book, fergawdsake.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 08:19:13 AM »
So slavery, which officially ended in 1865, was the only disadvantage suffered by blacks?  To hear you tell it, one would think that, starting in 1856 or so, blacks were on equal footing with whites.  And that is bullshit.

Your comment comparing racism against Asians to that suffered by blacks in the USA since after the Civil War is even more ignorant.  Read a freakin' book, fergawdsake.

Jews have suffered a lot more, for a lot longer, and look at them.  There is no excuse.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 08:21:43 AM »
Jews have suffered a lot more, for a lot longer, and look at them.  There is no excuse.

I wish i were Black life would be a lot easier.