Author Topic: Stay away from machines  (Read 2352 times)

the trainer

Stay away from machines
« on: March 13, 2014, 12:21:51 PM »
Leg extensions   they place more stress on your knees than squats

The pec deck      It over stretch the front of the shoulder and cause the muscle at the back of the should to stiffen, this equal future shoulder problems

The smith machine   Puts you in an unnatural position that puts a lot of stress on the lower back and knees,

And most importantly with machines you dont work your stabilizer muscles while the muscle gets stronger this can lead to injuries in the future, Free weights are the way to go, I know most of you are afraid because its a harder workout and you prefer the easy way of putting your lazy ass in a machine and pump out a few reps but you are fucking up your body and you dont even know it.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
Re: Stay away from machines
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »

The pec deck      It over stretch the front of the shoulder and cause the muscle at the back of the should to stiffen, this equal future shoulder problems

The smith machine   Puts you in an unnatural position that puts a lot of stress on the lower back and knees,

And most importantly with machines you dont work your stabilizer muscles while the muscle gets stronger this can lead to injuries in the future, Free weights are the way to go, I know most of you are afraid because its a harder workout and you prefer the easy way of putting your lazy ass in a machine and pump out a few reps but you are fucking up your body and you dont even know it.

I couldn't hate the smith machine more, its not possible.  Fuck you to whoever invented it!  Have seen numerous blokes nearly kill themselves, literally on this dastardly contraption.  One dude doing squats had the machine slide backwards cuz the fucktard gym owner never pinned the machine to the ground and nearly was decapitated when he fell on his back and the bar just missed his neck. 

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 12:44:31 PM »

care to post some good free leg workouts??(tear drops, hamstrings, glutes)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 12:59:27 PM »
the trainer dropping some real knowlegde here ... I take it his 2 1/2 years in the gym taught him this wisdom

the trainer

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:09:16 PM »
care to post some good free leg workouts??(tear drops, hamstrings, glutes)

This workout is hard but your legs are going to blowup.

Start out with squats always start light and work your way up, then go to lunges barbell or dumbbells are fine, then stiff legged deadlifts, a gym buddy of mine that only does leg press and hack squats and the smith machine trained legs with me the other day and after he told me it was the first time his legs got sore in recent memory, that is what happens when you do this kind of workout.

the trainer

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
You can alway add leg press and hack squats in the mix but they should never be the foundation of your workout.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »
haven't used machines in years.  I used to have sore joints all the time, now I've been using free weights only and no joint pain

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »
"the trainer", can you post a picture to exemplify the tremendous physique such knowledge built? I am sure it's really impressive. Cannot wait to see it

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 01:17:06 PM »
haven't used machines in years.  I used to have sore joints all the time, now I've been using free weights only and no joint pain

It's because youre fat

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 01:17:11 PM »
This workout is hard but your legs are going to blowup.

Start out with squats always start light and work your way up, then go to lunges barbell or dumbbells are fine, then stiff legged deadlifts, a gym buddy of mine that only does leg press and hack squats and the smith machine trained legs with me the other day and after he told me it was the first time his legs got sore in recent memory, that is what happens when you do this kind of workout.

thanks.. will try tomorrow.. 'cus friday is leg day  :'(  :P

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »
It's because youre fat

hahaha, sad pathetic groink. 40 year old drunk driver trying to act young.  Do you wear a backwards hat with your string tank top acting all dope?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 01:23:49 PM »
hahaha, sad pathetic groink. 40 year old drunk driver trying to act young.  Do you wear a backwards hat with your string tank top acting all dope?
did you ever post a pic chubby?

gatts

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »
What destroy the joints/tendons is not the fact of doing free wieghts or machines. Actually only reason people screw their knees and joints is because they only care about moving lots of weight regardless of the form...
Dont lift for ego, put some managable weight and do perfect form. I like high intensity high reps...

the trainer

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »
"the trainer", can you post a picture to exemplify the tremendous physique such knowledge built? I am sure it's really impressive. Cannot wait to see it

Too many stalkers and headcases on here for me to post picture but I have being working out non stop for over 12 years so go figure.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:48 PM »
What destroy the joints/tendons is not the fact of doing free wieghts or machines. Actually only reason people screw their knees and joints is because they only care about moving lots of weight regardless of the form...
Dont lift for ego, put some managable weight and do perfect form. I like high intensity high reps...
same here .. mind muscle connection and control builds a winning physique without medical intervention

the trainer

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 01:36:04 PM »
thanks.. will try tomorrow.. 'cus friday is leg day  :'(  :P

If you go to failure you will be sore over the weekend keep it up for a month and you should see improvement in your legs.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 01:48:49 PM »

Yes it's SO sad and pathetic knowing I'm 20 years older than you...and any woman on the planet would push you out of the way to get to me.  8)

tell me..did you wear your hat backwards in vegas as you "kicked everyone's ass" in your mind ?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »
Too many stalkers and headcases on here for me to post picture but I have being working out non stop for over 12 years so go figure.
:D :D :D

translation: I look like shit so I won't post pics

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »
I couldn't hate the smith machine more, its not possible.  Fuck you to whoever invented it!  Have seen numerous blokes nearly kill themselves, literally on this dastardly contraption.  One dude doing squats had the machine slide backwards cuz the fucktard gym owner never pinned the machine to the ground and nearly was decapitated when he fell on his back and the bar just missed his neck. 

Gym owner probably left the machine like this on purpose so that would happen to people squatting using a smith machine.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 04:50:39 PM »
Personally I find that I get way more size and shape in my quads from leg press than squats.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 04:52:17 PM »
Personally I find that I get way more size and shape in my quads from leg press than squats.

Probably over 6' tall.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »
Probably over 6' tall.

Nope lol...5'-8"

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »
Only machines I use are the preacher curls machine, Hammer Strength machines for chest and maybe on occasion the shoulder press machine. Though the shoulder press is ALWAYS on an awkward fucking angle.

My current gym is too small for a heap of machines. It's either weights or nothing.

the trainer

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 05:03:53 PM »

Science has proven that no other exercise works as much muscle fibers in the legs as squat, so maybe you are not doing them correctly.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »
I think I will take the advice of jay cutler bro

Which Cutler is that?