Author Topic: Stay away from machines  (Read 2353 times)

V Man

• Getbig IV
Re: Stay away from machines
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »
Science has proven that no other exercise works as much muscle fibers in the legs as squat, so maybe you are not doing them correctly.

Or maybe these "scientists" weren't doing the leg press correctly.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 05:07:23 PM »
It's because youre fat

Lol made me chuckle.....really

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »
I'm starting to think it doesn't matter 'which' exercise you're doing, as long as you're stressing the hairy c/unt out of the muscle. And I'm also starting to think that 'overtraining' is overrated.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »

light bench press in the smith is one of the best chest exercises you will ever do.
b

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »
I have shitty shoulders, using hammer machine and pec dec are the only things that aren't aggravating them at moment  ???

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 06:08:21 PM »
light bench press in the smith is one of the best chest exercises you will ever do.

This..put a 25 under one end of the bench..slight decline.....like butter

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »
leg press is the worst... if u did them how i did them... knees to chest, kills your back
real men= no rubbers

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »
Machines are safer when your going for the 'health look'.
L

the trainer

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »
I have shitty shoulders, using hammer machine and pec dec are the only things that aren't aggravating them at moment  ???

try using dumbbells and find an angle where you are not feeling the pain and do the pressing there.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 06:45:11 PM »
Leg extensions   they place more stress on your knees than squats

The pec deck      It over stretch the front of the shoulder and cause the muscle at the back of the should to stiffen, this equal future shoulder problems

The smith machine   Puts you in an unnatural position that puts a lot of stress on the lower back and knees,

And most importantly with machines you dont work your stabilizer muscles while the muscle gets stronger this can lead to injuries in the future, Free weights are the way to go, I know most of you are afraid because its a harder workout and you prefer the easy way of putting your lazy ass in a machine and pump out a few reps but you are fucking up your body and you dont even know it.
Agreed, Leg Extensions can still be beneficial though, just lighten the weight.  Too many people do heavy leg extensions which equals future knee problems.  The leg wasn't designed to be extended in such a way with heavy weight resistance.
V

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2014, 03:37:42 AM »
What destroy the joints/tendons is not the fact of doing free wieghts or machines. Actually only reason people screw their knees and joints is because they only care about moving lots of weight regardless of the form...
Dont lift for ego, put some managable weight and do perfect form. I like high intensity high reps...

yep. the muscle doesnt know the difference between what you are doing..it doesnt have a brain. it just knows stress.

fact is that free weights arent as effective as certain machines that have cams and cables.. because you can only work against gravity and where your skeleton puts a pivot.

leg press is superior to squats for leg development, and cable curls with a cam superior to free weight leg curls. any pec excerise that works on bringing the arms across the body through the shoulder as a pivot is superior to bench press, and so on..

anyone who says machines are better than free weights just doesnt understand mechanics of movement and where the muscles insert relative to the skeletal pivots,.
thats why physios, doctors and body professionals etc have degrees, and weight trainers generally are dumb fucks..leave the science to the scientists and stop making shit up that you dont understand.

even better, study some kind of engineering or physics and then see if you still believe what you do.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2014, 05:22:31 AM »
ive always believed that a combination of free weights n machines(hammer strength) worked best for me, i think both work great together n  benefit a lifter alot
R