Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 3283 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: Titanfall
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »
I got it for the PC. It's pretty good. Heavy on the GPU though. I bought a Nvidia Titan this morning. My 7950 aint cutting the mustard any more. Not at 1440p resolution.

But yea, game is good. Very polished. Will see how long it holds my interest.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »
it is clear to me and anybody that has played both which is the better game, the fact that you bring this up all the time makes you come off as a fanboy of medal of honor

if one game typically scores an 8 - 9 on metacritic and makes over a billion dollars yearly, and another game comes out maybe every 2 years and scores 6 - 7 on metacritic and makes less than a 100 million, which games sounds better to you?  can all of the critics and fans be wrong?  it's not like cod can be bought for a cheaper price

if you think cod sucks fine, but it's hard to take you seriously if you think medal of honor is good when it's basically a poor mans version of cod

E

we sold 6 million copies of moh 2010, so it did ok.  The last one was straight fucking garbage and a horror to work on. Luckily the people responsible will never be calling the shots on a game again.

Titanfall is great but I wish I could play on PC servers with xbox controller only rules.. Can't be bothered with Keyboard and mouse anymore

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »
You can play PC with a Xbox One controller.  I do.

It's not perfect because it's not "officially" compatible.  But it will be later this year.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »
we sold 6 million copies of moh 2010, so it did ok.  The last one was straight fucking garbage and a horror to work on. Luckily the people responsible will never be calling the shots on a game again.

Titanfall is great but I wish I could play on PC servers with xbox controller only rules.. Can't be bothered with Keyboard and mouse anymore
I reallt enjoyed 2010, hell I found warfighter enjoyable... I liked the fact that 2010 and Warfighter tried to make a more realistic experience... and I found the multiplayer on warfighter fun as well.. However I only play hardcore mode. I've been playing BF4 recently.

I hated MoH up until 2010... I was a diehard CoD guy from II until MW1... MW2 was the beginning of the downhill slide. Mw III was horrible and its only been getting worse. CoD has been riding on name recognition for years now. I found BlOps 1 as "meh" and BlOps 2 retarded as fuck.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 06:27:38 PM »
explain to me how medal of honor is better

i think you're the type that just forces yourself to hate whatever is popular

E
Not at all, I'm just not the type to blindly follow something and put it on a pedestal because it's popular.

It's literally been the same game, except each following year the story gets more ridiculous, and the multiplayer gets more absurd as they try and re'finish the same game to resell to dumbasses who have to buy each new release and play the same thing over and over.

The last 2 MoH's was more enjoyable to me because it actually tried to be different than the typical CoD style military shooter, they tried to focus on a more realistic experience... It wasnt the same "go down linear path hair meet at chokepoint reflex shooter" MP coupled with "michael bay shit blows up" single player mode. You've been literally paying $60 every year to play the same game, and you defend it because others like yourself still shell out the money and the mags that are PAID BY THE COMPANIES to advertise it give it high ratings.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 06:49:46 PM »
You've been literally paying $60 every year to play the same game, and you defend it because others like yourself still shell out the money and the mags that are PAID BY THE COMPANIES to advertise it give it high ratings.

I love CoD multiplayer and it takes up 90% of my gaming time.  But your statement is absolutely true, and it's contributing to the slowdown.

But it's not $60 for a lot - it's $100 per CoD game, since many buy the four map packs that are released throughout the cycle of the game.

And yes, most of the reviews from major sites are bought and paid for.
Y

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 06:53:01 PM »
I love CoD multiplayer and it takes up 90% of my gaming time.  But your statement is absolutely true, and it's contributing to the slowdown.

But it's not $60 for a lot - it's $100 per CoD game, since many buy the four map packs that are released throughout the cycle of the game.

And yes, most of the reviews from major sites are bought and paid for.
My friend is like that too.. he buys the yearly CoD just because all his friends do and its their "mindless zone out game". He also says the same thing I do (and apparently shares part of your sentiment).

The game peaked after MW1, been downhill ever since. I used to buy all the WoW expansions as well.. but it peaked at Wrath and has been downhill every since as well.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 06:55:10 PM »
Not at all, I'm just not the type to blindly follow something and put it on a pedestal because it's popular.

It's literally been the same game, except each following year the story gets more ridiculous, and the multiplayer gets more absurd as they try and re'finish the same game to resell to dumbasses who have to buy each new release and play the same thing over and over.

The last 2 MoH's was more enjoyable to me because it actually tried to be different than the typical CoD style military shooter, they tried to focus on a more realistic experience... It wasnt the same "go down linear path hair meet at chokepoint reflex shooter" MP coupled with "michael bay shit blows up" single player mode. You've been literally paying $60 every year to play the same game, and you defend it because others like yourself still shell out the money and the mags that are PAID BY THE COMPANIES to advertise it give it high ratings.

If we'd been allowed to make the true sequel to 2010 and had different leadership it would have been ok, but warfighter (single player) was a piece of shit. The new head of the project fired most of the people who made 2010 great and the rest left in disgust.

It only scraped a 40 meta critic because ea execs finally fired the idiots running the show a month before the beta deadline and allowed the team to scramble to salvage what was left of the game. We worked insane crunch hours to try to fix their mistakes.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 06:57:58 PM »
If we'd been allowed to make the true sequel to 2010 and had different leadership it would have been ok, but warfighter was a piece of shit. The new head of the project fired most of the people who made 2010 great and the rest left in disgust.

It only scraped a 40 meta critic because ea execs finally fired the idiots running the show a month before the beta deadline and allowed the team to scramble to salvage what was left of the game.

Thats interesting. I thought the game had promise.. but it felt like it had been cobbled together in a couple weeks. Interesting to see that was pretty much the case. I felt like they barely scraped the surface of the games engine. They did have some things I loved in the HC modes.. the peak and lean feature I absolutely loved and I'm glad DICE somewhat brought it into BF4. I thought it had a real potential as a tactical shooter, especially playing the HC mode. But It got old REALLY quick, especially with all the problems the game launched with.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2014, 07:05:46 PM »
Thats interesting. I thought the game had promise.. but it felt like it had been cobbled together in a couple weeks. Interesting to see that was pretty much the case. I felt like they barely scraped the surface of the games engine. They did have some things I loved in the HC modes.. the peak and lean feature I absolutely loved and I'm glad DICE somewhat brought it into BF4. I thought it had a real potential as a tactical shooter, especially playing the HC mode. But It got old REALLY quick, especially with all the problems the game launched with.

Ironically we had a better set of single player levels done in the first month of preproduction than the ones the game shipped with. The problem with ea is they hire completely useless high level people who are friends of friends... then give them a whole game cycle to fail.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2014, 07:10:44 PM »
My friend is like that too.. he buys the yearly CoD just because all his friends do and its their "mindless zone out game". He also says the same thing I do (and apparently shares part of your sentiment).

The game peaked after MW1, been downhill ever since. I used to buy all the WoW expansions as well.. but it peaked at Wrath and has been downhill every since as well.

You may know this but I'll post it anyway:  The co-founders of Infinity Ward, the developers behind the Modern Warfare franchise were fired by Activison after MW 2 was released which resulted in some nasty litigation.  They started a new company called Respawn Entertainment.  The first game they've made.......Titanfall.
Y

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »
You may know this but I'll post it anyway:  The co-founders of Infinity Ward, the developers behind the Modern Warfare franchise were fired by Activison after MW 2 was released which resulted in some nasty litigation.  They started a new company called Respawn Entertainment.  The first game they've made.......Titanfall.
I knew everything except that Titanfall was their game

SuperSupplements

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »

Good post

SuperSupplements

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
Titanfall is much different from call of duty and battlefield you have to play those games to understand you probably will leave a match in titanfall having a good time if you lose or win.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2014, 07:33:06 PM »

Drops the mic and walks off.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2014, 07:37:30 PM »
Ign most respected site  ;D ;D ;D

Well, you know what they say: you can't spell...

Wait, how does it go again?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 07:49:12 PM »
Awesome game. I only play about 5 hours total tho.
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2014, 08:22:04 PM »
Titanfall is much different from call of duty and battlefield you have to play those games to understand you probably will leave a match in titanfall having a good time if you lose or win.

This.

In CoD, I play for my stats, k/d ratio, etc...So far,  Titanfall is just....fun.  You want to dive right in.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2014, 08:58:03 PM »
I'll ignore IGN being "the most respected" since I don't want to go off topic.   I love CoD, and it will always sell with it's embedded user base, but it's declining with each release.  There just isn't the variety.  It's the same game over and over.  And I like Ghost multi.

I'll focus on the following statement:

I haven't given it any real critique because I've played exactly 5 MP games.   You make definitive statements without having thoroughly experienced a game, or even played it at all.  That's why statements like that are meaningless.

just like cod ign gets hate because it's the most popular, ghost multi is horrible and that says it all about your feelings on titanfall

and i knew you would love titanfall before you played it too

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 09:05:17 PM »

i like black ops 2 the most because it is different than the others, the maps are very well balanced and cool looking too, i think the others (especially ghosts) cater more for people that just camp

i don't see how medal of honor does anything better, and every cod hater references michael bay, please be more original

as for paying to give it high ratings, EA makes medal of honor and they also make madden and fifa which are two of the best selling games every year plus they make battlefield, if anybody can pay off the companies it's EA

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 09:07:51 PM »

you should give credit to ign for this post

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »
just like cod ign gets hate because it's the most popular, ghost multi is horrible and that says it all about your feelings on titanfall

and i knew you would love titanfall before you played it too

E

I don't hate ign at all, just don't read it often,, and I never said I loved titanfall.  I've played 7 MP games now, and none with my friends.  The jury is still out.

You, on the other hand, are critiquing a game you haven't even played and probably never will.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2014, 09:13:14 PM »
you should give credit to ign for this post

E

Why?
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 09:14:56 PM »
I don't hate ign at all, just don't read it often,, and I never said I loved titanfall.  I've played 7 MP games now, and none with my friends.  The jury is still out.

You, on the other hand, are critiquing a game you haven't even played and probably never will.

it's clear it hasn't met the hype, which was enormous and microsoft can easily "buy" the high ratings so why haven't they?

you're right i may never play it, as of right now i see no reason to buy an xbox one

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »
Why?
[/quote

because ign mentioned those guys created modern warfare in every titanfall article

E
E