Author Topic: What if Daniel Bryan doesn't win the Title at WM  (Read 3080 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
What if Daniel Bryan doesn't win the Title at WM
« on: March 14, 2014, 01:09:01 AM »
If the WWE doesn't decide to put the title on DB at WM30, will it officially be time to give up on him??

There is just so much you can do to him before the fans get sour

Melkor

• Getbig III
Re: What if Daniel Bryan doesn't win the Title at WM
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:16:21 AM »
Yeah, its been a slow build and the fans can only stay invested for so long. But surely Bryan has to win at WM. What kind of message would the WWE be sending out if the 30th anniversary of WM ends with the audience booing Orton/Batista and going home unhappy?

The only issue I see with the angle so far, is how Orton and Batista will fit in. At the moment both of these guys are a dead zone in terms of heat. I don't see how there feud can escalate leading into Wrestlemania and how the fans are going to care about it. WWE has to be careful not to let the fans believe that Daniel Bryan beating Triple H is a certainty as the match will lose much of its attraction.

I think they dropped the ball by not having the Bryan-Triple H match at Elimination Chamber with the same stipulation, because as a stand alone match it would have been pretty good. But now the focus will just be on seeing Bryan win and go on to the main event.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 09:29:15 AM »
Yeah, its been a slow build and the fans can only stay invested for so long. But surely Bryan has to win at WM. What kind of message would the WWE be sending out if the 30th anniversary of WM ends with the audience booing Orton/Batista and going home unhappy?

The only issue I see with the angle so far, is how Orton and Batista will fit in. At the moment both of these guys are a dead zone in terms of heat. I don't see how there feud can escalate leading into Wrestlemania and how the fans are going to care about it. WWE has to be careful not to let the fans believe that Daniel Bryan beating Triple H is a certainty as the match will lose much of its attraction.

I think they dropped the ball by not having the Bryan-Triple H match at Elimination Chamber with the same stipulation, because as a stand alone match it would have been pretty good. But now the focus will just be on seeing Bryan win and go on to the main event.

True, but it's no more predictable than Taker winning his yearly match, yet fans love it!

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:31:10 AM »
Yeah but there's always the very small chance that this year will be the one it ends. Its 99% likely that Taker will win, but it's that 1% chance that makes it all the more exciting

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 03:33:19 PM »
For a show like WM you want your fans to leave happy. It's also time for the title to be back on a face, business is normally better and merch sales will go up.

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 11:12:32 AM »
Who said Bryan was gonna win.. What if punk returns and screws Bryan..

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
For a show like WM you want your fans to leave happy. It's also time for the title to be back on a face, business is normally better and merch sales will go up.

I don't agree.  Back in the day, they cared what fans thought and actually CATERED to their demands.  Now its just shove it down our throats and make us like what THEY say is good.  Trip could give a fuck if people want Bryan to win, HE and Steph decide what WE should like.  I feel so sick trying to watch modern wrestling.  99.99% of my time watching wrestling is watching old matches and shoots.  Youtube and Kayfabe Commentaries have so much great old stuff to watch I don't even bother with anything new.  Sad...

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 11:53:08 AM »
I don't agree.  Back in the day, they cared what fans thought and actually CATERED to their demands.  Now its just shove it down our throats and make us like what THEY say is good.  Trip could give a fuck if people want Bryan to win, HE and Steph decide what WE should like.  I feel so sick trying to watch modern wrestling.  99.99% of my time watching wrestling is watching old matches and shoots.  Youtube and Kayfabe Commentaries have so much great old stuff to watch I don't even bother with anything new.  Sad...

McMahon knows is not going to miss out on the chance to make money.
I think they intended to stick with the original WM plan because maybe they made promises to Batista. He didn't get the reaction they were hoping for so they had to throw Bryan in the mix.  If Bryan doesn't win at WM I could see the fans start to lose interest in the whole thing.
Why Orton has had the title for so long or at all baffles me.
He's not really a good worker, he has no charisma and he's the shits as heel or face. 

I guess we shall seein a couple weeks. 

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »
McMahon knows is not going to miss out on the chance to make money.
I think they intended to stick with the original WM plan because maybe they made promises to Batista. He didn't get the reaction they were hoping for so they had to throw Bryan in the mix.  If Bryan doesn't win at WM I could see the fans start to lose interest in the whole thing.
Why Orton has had the title for so long or at all baffles me.
He's not really a good worker, he has no charisma and he's the shits as heel or face. 

I guess we shall seein a couple weeks. 

Yeah, how fucking long are they going to go back to the Orton/Cena well before it gets WAY TOO OLD!!!  Wrestling could be so much more than what it is and STILL  make the old man a shit ton of money.  Bring people into the front office that were there and made wrestling huge in the mid to late 90's.  Pay them good money and tell them they run the book, not Trip.  Imagine how great it could be.  They own all the companies and have access to all the best talent, they just have no one with half a brain for great wrestling running the book and what happened to road agents?  Does WWE even use road agents anymore?  Doesn't seem like it...

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
Yeah, how fucking long are they going to go back to the Orton/Cena well before it gets WAY TOO OLD!!!  Wrestling could be so much more than what it is and STILL  make the old man a shit ton of money.  Bring people into the front office that were there and made wrestling huge in the mid to late 90's.  Pay them good money and tell them they run the book, not Trip.  Imagine how great it could be.  They own all the companies and have access to all the best talent, they just have no one with half a brain for great wrestling running the book and what happened to road agents?  Does WWE even use road agents anymore?  Doesn't seem like it...

Yes they do. Mike Rotunda, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Road Dog, Billy Gunn, Malenko, Terry Taylor, Jamie Noble, Pat Paterson have all worked these positions in recent time. But, who knows how much control these guys get. I think for the most part they just produce the matches. Who knows what "creative" yahoos are writing story lines. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 02:56:43 PM »
Road agents today are a far cry from what they were 20 years ago in terms of their role.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »
Bring the warrior and Hogan out of retirement  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 05:25:46 PM »

I suspect they will be used in some capacity.
 ;)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 05:58:28 PM »

Hogan was going to wrestle at WM 30 but he couldn't pass a physical.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 04:26:42 AM »
For some, Brian winning the Title may be somewhat predictable BUT, this would be a fantastic closing to the show, balloons coming from the rafters, 50K peoplle yelling yes.....

I have seen my share of Wrestlemania's, not alot but a good amount and the one closing that really resonates is when Benoit won and Eddie came out, they uhgges etc etc.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 07:10:43 PM »
I think DB will beat HHH but lose I  the three way. Part of Batista's return was the promise of a world title win at WM30. Plus he is HHH's buddy.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 07:21:53 PM »
I think DB will beat HHH but lose I  the three way. Part of Batista's return was the promise of a world title win at WM30. Plus he is HHH's buddy.

Hmm...

Interesting.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 05:09:23 PM »

Hmm...

Interesting.
And.......the old man just doesn't like small guys like DB being the face and rep f the company. Fact. Just my lovely twp pennies....we shall see....who knows what they'll force feed us.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 07:41:21 PM »
My main worry is that HHH decides he wants the WM30 spotlight and puts himself into the match with Orton/Batista, as a hark back to the Evolution days.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »
I hope triple h is not that stupid..
Because the main event in the building will get booed ..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 06:30:26 AM »
I hope triple h is not that stupid..
Because the main event in the building will get booed ..

I honestly believe Hunter is at a point where he puts the good of the company over his own ego. Hopefully, he will act accordingly.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »
Can't see Bryan losing to HHH as that would mean the Main Event gets Sh!t on by the fans, but I could see Bryan losing the three way because the show would be over, anyway.

That said, betting man that I am, Bryan wins and the final image is him holding the belt with the crowd chanting, "Yes!"

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »
Can't see Bryan losing to HHH as that would mean the Main Event gets Sh!t on by the fans, but I could see Bryan losing the three way because the show would be over, anyway.

That said, betting man that I am, Bryan wins and the final image is him holding the belt with the crowd chanting, "Yes!"

It's the perfect ending.

Hopefully, WWE doesn't blow it!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 02:49:35 AM »
WWE creative is so effed up I could see Dave winning and DB chasing him over the next few months BUT

if they really live by the "best for biz" motto then DB is walking out Champ.

As an aside, I do feel bad for Batista, I am sure he was promised the keys to the castle, win the title, have a good run etc etc but obviously this didn't play out

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 02:05:29 PM »
As an aside, I do feel bad for Batista, I am sure he was promised the keys to the castle, win the title, have a good run etc etc but obviously this didn't play out

I never liked Batista, he has gotten a lot out of the wrestling business but I don't think he has contributed much. I can't think of one great Batista match off the top of my head. Add to that the backstage heat he has had for disrespecting many of the established talent.