Author Topic: Avicii's new crib - Holy shit!  (Read 23263 times)

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
Re: Avicii's new crib - Holy shit!
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2014, 11:03:56 AM »
Calvin Harris is the highest paid DJ at the moment. He has a residency at Hakkasan nightclub in Las Vegas...
He get's between 200,000-300,000 per performance there.
He has a 2 year contract to play over 70 shows each year at Hakkasan & MGM's day party venue Wet Republic
Besides playing at every top festival & club around the world every weekend.
Dude is killing it...

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
That IS talent. Not everybody can pull that off. Yes a good amount of it is luck...but just because you don't care for someone's creations doesn't mean they're garbage. Anybody can cook, too, but that doesn't make them a celebrity chef.

Anybody can learn an instrument. Doesn't make them a musician.

HOLY FUCK THIS.

Nobody here truly knows how hard these DJ's work and the amount of time they put into their craft.

If you listen to all of Avicii's stuff you will see he IS a CLEAR step above the rest.

I laugh at all the guys on here that say being an actor is so easy or being a dj is so easy it's just luck blah blah blah. Obviously luck plays a role but talent is talent and these DJ's traveling working 18 hours each day perfecting their art is much more than luck.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
Paris Hilton is now a dj in vegas

So was jay Cutler for a short time

That about sums it up

Dj  ::)

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »
a dj with 15 milion house- generation nothingess at his best

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »
HOLY FUCK THIS.

Nobody here truly knows how hard these DJ's work and the amount of time they put into their craft.

If you listen to all of Avicii's stuff you will see he IS a CLEAR step above the rest.

I laugh at all the guys on here that say being an actor is so easy or being a dj is so easy it's just luck blah blah blah. Obviously luck plays a role but talent is talent and these DJ's traveling working 18 hours each day perfecting their art is much more than luck.
not a chance, not even compared to other electonica/techno ive heard. Its extremely simplistic, which is fine, and it has its place... but it strikes me as 'pop' techno for simple minds to zone out and dance too.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2014, 11:18:54 AM »
HOLY FUCK THIS.

There's good and there's mainstream.

Avicii is the "Spice Girls" of the rave scene. The "Boyzone" of techno. The "Britney Spears" of House.

In short - Oakenfold he ain't.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »
not a chance, not even compared to other electonica/techno ive heard. Its extremely simplistic, which is fine, and it has its place... but it strikes me as 'pop' techno for simple minds to zone out and dance too.

You have to realize what you are saying is only your opinion.

People involved in this type of music would hugely disagree.....they see it as so much more and I see where they are coming from.

I find nothing about it simplistic.

Yes anyone can make sounds on a computer but if you look at some of the best techno songs like

Levels - Avicii
Rockin - Moe Aly
Crunk - Showtek

To me these sound incredible and complex. Nothing simple about them.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2014, 11:21:32 AM »
Paris Hilton is now a dj in vegas

So was jay Cutler for a short time

That about sums it up

Dj  ::)

U know the difference between DJ and producer? If not google it. Avicii is a producer. Huge difference.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2014, 11:21:55 AM »
There's good and there's mainstream.

Avicii is the "Spice Girls" of the rave scene. The "Boyzone" of techno. The "Britney Spears" of House.

In short - Oakenfold he ain't.

Ah. Exactly what I felt listening to this. Ive heard some extremely deep and engaging electronica/techno/whatever the fuck, and this aint it. Hell, the guy is quoted above as saying hes not a musician. Which makes me lol at the fanboys crying about the people that arent outting him on a pedestal.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2014, 11:40:20 AM »
HOLY FUCK THIS.

It's a talent, that's true, but I won't call it a job, since he's prob passionate about DJing. There are plenty of talented musicians/DJs that don't get paid at all. Is that a reason for them to quit? No, because they love it. These things are way different with a normal job, even when you're loaded.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »
You have to realize what you are saying is only your opinion.

People involved in this type of music would hugely disagree.....they see it as so much more and I see where they are coming from.

I find nothing about it simplistic.

Yes anyone can make sounds on a computer but if you look at some of the best techno songs like

Levels - Avicii
Rockin - Moe Aly
Crunk - Showtek

To me these sound incredible and complex. Nothing simple about them.

It's exactly my opinion, yes. And I do find certain electronic music deep and complex. So far, from what I've heard, his is NOT one. No one is saying that it's not a learned skill, it is. But it =/= musicianship.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2014, 01:29:18 PM »
U know the difference between DJ and producer? If not google it. Avicii is a producer. Huge difference.

Sounds more like a sampler , must payout Millions in royalty fees to the artist he samples from

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2014, 02:29:33 PM »
All I want to do is dance and prance around.  I want to put this on as loud as possible and prance for hours.  I could prance in front of the hottest males all day long with these songs.  Dancing and Prancing, Dancing and Prancing.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2014, 02:30:59 PM »
I am going to prance around town listening to Avicci.  Hopefully Europeans will join me in prancing around.  Dancing and Prancing.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2014, 02:35:12 PM »

ismoseppo

« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
the day the music died

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2014, 02:38:39 PM »

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »
yah this amici shouldnt be labeled as dj, hes more like justing bieber, the music is so shit its about the same.

a dj, my personal understanding, would be carl cox, yeah good idea, someone tell carl cox that amici is the number 1 dj in the world and see what he says.

agreed. you could go a step further and say the Carl is the best dj in the world and not many could argue you.

most people who hate electronic music just havent heard all the types that are out there.

if you hate electronic music take 6 minutes and listen to this track in its entirety dont ffw'd it- you might be tempted in the first 1:30. listen to the words, and what the song is about.

i'd have to say its one of the best deep house tracks ever. it doesnt scream at you. the vocals are smooth. the basslines crazy deep and the message will resonate for everyone.

electronic music is more than screechy annoying sounds that make no sense.

b

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2014, 10:01:29 AM »
agreed. you could go a step further and say the Carl is the best dj in the world and not many could argue you.

most people who hate electronic music just havent heard all the types that are out there.

if you hate electronic music take 6 minutes and listen to this track in its entirety dont ffw'd it- you might be tempted in the first 1:30. listen to the words, and what the song is about.

i'd have to say its one of the best deep house tracks ever. it doesnt scream at you. the vocals are smooth. the basslines crazy deep and the message will resonate for everyone.

electronic music is more than screechy annoying sounds that make no sense.

Good stuff!
IDM/deep house > trash trance  8)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2014, 05:51:59 PM »
never been a fan of trance but i do enjoy house and electronica

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2014, 05:54:02 PM »
Calvin Harris is the highest paid DJ at the moment. He has a residency at Hakkasan nightclub in Las Vegas...
He get's between 200,000-300,000 per performance there.
He has a 2 year contract to play over 70 shows each year at Hakkasan & MGM's day party venue Wet Republic
Besides playing at every top festival & club around the world every weekend.
Dude is killing it...

you can actually dance to calvin unlike avicii which is just fist pump crap