Author Topic: Gustavo was so cocky the the O, he's had no right to challenge Ronnie  (Read 31982 times)

M1

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Gustavo was such a cocky fucker at the Mr O Press Conference. I can't believed he had the nerve to call out Ronnie Coleman for a posedown and then claim he could win the O and beat Ronnie. There was really no need for such arrogance and bravado. Not even Cutler was making those claims to Coleman, and he's been second best for years now. Gus placed 24th at the 2002 O, he's only been a good bodybuilder for a very short while. If I was Coleman, I would have got on that table and flattened him out with a stunning back-double-bi.

Cocky bastard  >:(

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Gustavo was so cocky the the Olympia Press Conference
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 09:51:33 AM »
i would have laughed at that idiot

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Gustavo was so cocky the the Olympia Press Conference
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 09:53:19 AM »
I give props to gustavo for being a real man. ;D He should take over the throne after ronnie. In MD he revealed that its not because he was cocky but because he wanted to show that he's in shape or something like that.
just push some weight!

M1

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
but that is what the stage if for, not the press conference

all it did was make people hate him  :-\

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Gustavo was so cocky the the O, he's lucky Coleman didn't KNOCK him OUT
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 10:06:01 AM »
maybe he meant to psyche his opponents after all he did win the challenge round  ::)
just push some weight!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Gustavo was so cocky the the O, he's lucky Coleman didn't KNOCK him OUT
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »
maybe he meant to psyche his opponents after all he did win the challenge round  ::)

and maybe he was just being a hotdog

M1

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Gustavo was so cocky the the O, he's had no right to challenge Ronnie
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 10:08:27 AM »
he's not confident, Ronnie is a confident champion, but Gustavo is just super cocky, I'd love to see him place last the Arnold or something like that

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 10:17:19 AM »
lol M1 good one... Ronnie confident hahaha Ronnie is a child when it comes to mentality! Don't get me wrong, thats not a bad thing necessarily. Nevertheless he is a great champ in our so called sport.
just push some weight!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 10:23:11 AM »
Those pictures kinda reminds me of some medieval feast where a midget goes up on the table to entertain the king by dancing
Z

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 10:36:44 AM »
M1, have you never competed at anything? Thats the heart of competition. What would have been better? To have all the athletes sit there, boring as hell and then leave? At least Gustavo added some flavour to the event...it got everyone else going at least. Something tells me if he had of challenged Ronnie to a glute comparison, you would have been right there with your zoom lens cheering them on...

M1

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 10:43:14 AM »
i know what you're saying about competition, but there's a difference between confidence in yourself, and just being arrogant and cocky. Cutler, Coleman and all the champs that we like are quietly confidence, nd thats the true nature of competition and sportmanship, but Gustavo is very overt and cocky, and all he does is make people hate him for it, and when he places bad a show, people will rip on his forever and laugh and never forget it.

King Kamali is a perfect example, he hasn't performed well since 2001 and people still rip on him for his cockiness and arrogance back then, Gustavo will end up the same way if he's not careful  :-\

New York

• Getbig III
  • New York
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 10:48:22 AM »
lol M1 good one... Ronnie confident hahaha Ronnie is a child when it comes to mentality! Don't get me wrong, thats not a bad thing necessarily. Nevertheless he is a great champ in our so called sport.
  WTF?Ronnie's not confident? Ronnie's a child when it come's to mentality ? O.k., if you say so! ::)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 10:52:57 AM »
When arnold did it (the cockiest mother fucker of all time) no one said shit.  I realize it was back in the day but we talk about everything on these boards.  Arnold would say things like "being perfect is one of the hardest things to be ya know?" If ronnie came in with a belly anything more than what he did this year gustavo should have won. Thats my opinion....Ronnie jumped ranks in a years time why can't anyone else.....oh yeah thats right i forgot cuz ronnie is king and will be forever we might as well just forget about the O then its fuckin boring.
bodybuildersreality.com

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 11:19:59 AM »
its called competition, wtf?! i dont think gustavo was training for second place.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 11:20:45 AM »
its called competition, wtf?! i dont think gustavo was training for second place.
Thank YOU! exactly
bodybuildersreality.com

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 11:24:02 AM »
he said he wasnt being cocky he was just stateing that ronnie was the only one in his opinion that was going to give him any competition since he said he thought he was better then everyone else..... last he said he doenst compete for second place so thats why he called out ronnie like that...  i dont even like gustavo im just stateing what i read in md..
pump'em dump'em

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 11:42:26 AM »
Gustavo was such a cocky fucker at the Mr O Press Conference. I can't believed he had the nerve to call out Ronnie Coleman for a posedown and then claim he could win the O and beat Ronnie! Not even Cutler was making those claims to Coleman, and he's achieved twice as much in as Gustavo ever will. And this is coming from a cocky fool whose only been competing afew years, and came in at 24th at the 2002 Mr O, what a joker, he had no right to challenge the champion. If I was Coleman, I would have got on that table and knocked him out cold.

Cocky bastard  >:(
Say what yoy want,,,,,but,,,,he did beat Ronnie,,,not at the conference,,but,, at the challenge round !??????

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 12:24:18 PM »
Well, the Press Conference challenge thing made for a (slightly) more colorful show as a whole and, as somebody already said, (I know nobody told the judges this), but it is supposed to be a competition, isn't it? So why shouldn't he challenge Ronnie?
Lies, damn lies and diets

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 12:26:52 PM »
Well, the Press Conference challenge thing made for a (slightly) more colorful show as a whole and, as somebody already said, (I know nobody told the judges this), but it is supposed to be a competition, isn't it? So why shouldn't he challenge Ronnie?
I agree.
bodybuildersreality.com

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 12:57:48 PM »
Arnold was cocky and arrogant but in a likeable way--- Gustavo was just cocky in a dickhead way, arnold would not have stripped he would have made very sure that every one new he was the one to bet, then if challenged he would have told them to wait and they will see, thus giving them something to think about all night before the show !!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »
Arnold was cocky and arrogant but in a likeable way--- Gustavo was just cocky in a dickhead way, arnold would not have stripped he would have made very sure that every one new he was the one to bet, then if challenged he would have told them to wait and they will see, thus giving them something to think about all night before the show !!

Arnold would have had the crowd chanting 'Gustavo', mocking him.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 01:03:08 PM »
Yeah but who wants a Puerto Rician with a sandow?

:)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 01:04:55 PM »
Yeah but who wants a Puerto Rician with a sandow?

:)

rician ? 

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 01:06:24 PM »
I have spoken to photographers and they all agree Gustavo is the most arrogant moaning son of a bitch to shoot, they dread getting the job when Gustavo is involved !!!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 01:13:00 PM »
if thats true thats too bad but somehow i can't believe that, where did you read that.
bodybuildersreality.com