Author Topic: Team Putin and Sanctions on Russia  (Read 34312 times)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: Team Putin
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2014, 08:56:07 AM »
Just been watching BBC politics show which featured John McCain and ambassador Vladimir Chizhov.

Vladimir is told that McCain is concerned that other former Soviet countries could be targeted next such as the Baltic states.
The ambassador is funny, joking that McCain should be more worried about Russia deciding to take back Alaska  :D

These Russians just don't give a fuck about threats from the pussified USA these days.

Haha, great sense of humor that guy has ;D

Giovanni1443

• Getbig II
Re: Sanctions on Russia Take First Bite.
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2014, 09:18:18 AM »
The US Empire is nearing its end and they know it !  :'(

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2014, 09:43:36 AM »
A cold war only hurts Russia because the US already spends more on defense than the rest of the word combined thanks to the first cold war. These sanctions will not just ban travel to the U.S. or freeze assets (most of which these guys keep in Europe and in various tax shelters around the world), but will effectively bar them from participation in the world financial system. That is going to sting and it's going to hurt, and it's going to hurt in the exact right places. The rhetoric is still flowing but the US can bring a fragile Russian economy to it's knees. US companies with heavy exposure to Russia will not be unscathed, however, Russia has far more to lose in a financial battle.

People have short memories and have forgotten about the fall off the Soviet Union.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2014, 09:46:36 AM »
No, it does not happen "all the time around the world."  Other examples?

Sure it does. Do a google search and inform yourself.

Poll numbers are irrelevant, but the figures you quote come from Putin.  So they can't be trusted.

I trust them.

The "Soviet constitution in place" (1977 version) also guarantees freedom of speech, freedom of religion and freedom of assembly.  But everyone knows that none of these freedoms ever existed in the Soviet Union, which was run as a brutal dictatorship.

Not in the case of self determination: the Soviets did very little to stop the Ukrainian parliament (which at the time was still part of the Soviet government mind you) based on the right of self determination. Like I said, that very right was then abruptly ceased once the new constitution was drafted. This obvious criminal act was what precipitated what is happening today.

It is against international law for a country to annex another's territory.

Since when do we give a shit about international law?

We dropped two atomic bombs on two civilian targets, invaded many countries under false pretenses, took part in multiple secret coup d'etat, et cetera.

I always find it extremely retarded when we have a meltdown when others do it.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2014, 10:05:32 AM »
Russia has plenty of countermeasures it can take if things keep escalating.
They have already recently started negotiating with Iran for oil-for-goods deal that would undermine US sanctions on Iran.

Iran and Russia are negotiating an oil-for-goods swap worth $1.5 billion a month that would enable Iran to lift oil exports substantially, undermining Western sanctions that helped persuade Tehran in November to agree to a preliminary deal to curb its nuclear program.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/10/us-iran-russia-oil-idUSBREA090DK20140110

I don't support doing business with countries like Iran but given the current anti-Russia stance of US government, who can really blame them?
After all US regime wants to choke Russian people to death and it's the job of Putin to stop this by all means.

After the aforementioned deal, next would be providing Iran the sophisticated weapons they have requested from Russia but Russia as an act of good will towards Americans decided not to deliver:

"Russia has frozen the sale of S-300 air defense missiles to Iran, Russian news agencies reported Friday, in a victory for the Obama administration in the wake of new U.N. sanctions imposed on Iran."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/11/AR2010061105248.html

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »
People have short memories and have forgotten about the fall off the Soviet Union.

They also don't understand the power yielded by the American Empire by virtue of its dominance of the international financial system, hence comments in this thread evincing belief that a third-rate petrostate is a genuine rival to US power.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2014, 10:29:25 AM »
A cold war only hurts Russia because the US already spends more on defense than the rest of the word combined thanks to the first cold war. These sanctions will not just ban travel to the U.S. or freeze assets (most of which these guys keep in Europe and in various tax shelters around the world), but will effectively bar them from participation in the world financial system. That is going to sting and it's going to hurt, and it's going to hurt in the exact right places. The rhetoric is still flowing but the US can bring a fragile Russian economy to it's knees. US companies with heavy exposure to Russia will not be unscathed, however, Russia has far more to lose in a financial battle.

Russia has been quietly strengthening its relationship with Iran and China for a while. 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »

Russia has been quietly strengthening its relationship with Iran and China for a while.  

China won't risk it's economic expansion on Putin's desire to retract 20 years of progress for Russia. They have been very guarded in their response to this issues with good reason.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »
China won't risk it's economic expansion on Putin's desire to retract 20 years of progress for Russia. They have been very guarded in their response to this issues with good reason.

Truth.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2014, 11:06:40 AM »
ok,whats your opinionon kosovo?

I think the USA should have involved Russia in the whole Kosovo issue.  They were snubbed, it's true.  Also, the USA still has many powerful people who still have a Cold War mentality which was based on the false premise that the Soviet Union was out to convert the entire world to communism (Kruschev did say "We will bury you", but that was in 1959 and pretty mild compared to some things the West has said about Russia).

So I think you bring up a good point on Kosovo.  However, as a world leader and statesman, President Putin could have taken the high road.  He still can.   Everyone is now worried about escalation and a war between Russia and Ukraine.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
Re: Russia / Ukraine / Crimea Vote Resultes......
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »
Exactly, it should have been allowed. Instead Lincoln and the northern federal gov decided it would be better to destroy as much as necessary and kill as many people as it took to maintain control over them.

Yet today he is universally praised as a 'great man' and synonymous with 'freedom'. Oh the irony ::)

President Lincoln was a great man.  Re-fighting the Civil War? 

None of this has anything to do with Putin's annexation of Crimea.  That's more like what Hitler did in Europe when he grabbed Austria in 1938, after a similar one-choice vote.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »

President Lincoln was a great man.  Re-fighting the Civil War? 

None of this has anything to do with Putin's annexation of Crimea.  That's more like what Hitler did in Europe when he grabbed Austria in 1938, after a similar one-choice vote.

No, crimeea was a legit secesion (0 kills, majority decision), while kosovo was theft and murder

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2014, 01:23:31 PM »
Lol yes. The Cult of Lincoln is one of history's great propoganda jobs. The Left has turned him into this great benevolent leader who loved black people and invaded the evil racist south just to free them. Hahahhaha

x2

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »
Aw, and you call yourself "Big Roger".  How cute.

It's Mr. Big Roger F. Neegars to you... I was given that nickname by Marty Champions you cum slut.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »
They also don't understand the power yielded by the American Empire by virtue of its dominance of the international financial system, hence comments in this thread evincing belief that a third-rate petrostate is a genuine rival to US power.

Similar to the economic choke hold the Northern States put on the Southern States who had every right to secede? It's so very honorable to starve anyone who doesn't obey. Especially when it's everyday people who just want to control their own destiny.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »
Similar to the economic choke hold the Northern States put on the Southern States who had every right to secede? It's so very honorable to starve anyone who doesn't obey.

My House, my rules...you don't do as I say, you aren't eating.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
My House, my rules...you don't do as I say, you aren't eating.

Yep, and this is the Globalist Household... America is an abusive overbearing father, and the EU is a feminine slut of a mother.

mass243

• Getbig V
Re: Team Putin and Sanctions on Russia
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
Put the pipe down ;D

Putin knows exactly what he is doing. I have had my doubts and they have all turned to be premature.
Like in Syria; I personally was sure Putin had sold poor fukers for some heco deal with amuricans. There were people on this very forum already celebrating the coming bloodbath. Turned out that Putin once again had an ace in his sleeve and  behind the curtains was running the show. Since then, I have had no doubts he is in charge.

Putin's approval ratings soar in Russia over Crimea annexation

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/03/20/21-Mar-14-World-View-Putin-s-approval-ratings-soar-in-Russia-over-Crimea-annexation

You can't bet against Putin and win.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »
Team Putin here too.

The guy is fucking awesome.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »
mass243, would you suck putin's cock if he offered?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »
Yep, and this is the Globalist Household... America is an abusive overbearing father, and the EU is a feminine slut of a mother.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »
Ive heard from more than one person with relatives living in Crimea (one getbigger and a couole coworkers), that the russian mikitary basicallt forced crimeans to vote to join russia, and literally no option existed to stay part of the Ukraine. . Basically were told 'if yoi dont vote to become russian again, you wont live/have homes to return too.

And their 2 voting  options were 'join russia', or 'leave Ukraine'.

so before yall go talking about how democratic this was, you may want to actually talk to some Crimeans....

Putin had some pics snapped of smiling Russians he bussed in to vote as well, and BAM, hes a hero.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2014, 02:49:38 PM »
mass243, would you suck putin's cock if he offered?

I don't like cock.
I would prefer one of his daughters.

Btw, I hope all the fanboys are aware of these documents:

The government will not curb trade with Russia or close London's financial centre to Russians as part of any possible package of sanctions against Moscow, according to an official document.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-26426969

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2014, 03:03:05 PM »
Ukraine sucks dick, people of Crimea voted for Russia, soldiers of ukraine joining russian army.

Fuck USA and EU politics.

Putin is doing what he has to do.

;)