Author Topic: Gustavo ain't big for a pro bodybuilder  (Read 36165 times)

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Gustavo is quite small for a pro bodybuilder
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2006, 05:18:15 AM »
Side chest

M1

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2006, 05:19:08 AM »
it doesn't matter, no well in hell will he win the AC

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2006, 05:19:52 AM »
yeah ok that pic does look abit otherwise, but bro whatever I can't be bothered to argue, whether the're 19 or 21 inches won't make much of a difference anyway  :-\

Well you did started the topic about how small his arms are! You even said that they were as small as 18"... if you don't care and if you think that it doesn't made much of a difference, then why start the topic?

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2006, 05:21:36 AM »
it doesn't matter, no well in hell will he win the AC

I never said he will... Your topic states that he is small for a pro bodybuilder and your post were (among other things) regarding the size of his arms. I only demonstrated that this is not true. I never made any prediction about his placing, nor do I care to. So many factors are involved that it's impossible to predict with certainty before the men first step onstage that day.

That having been said, I always refrain from saying that a top competitor has no chance of winning a show. At that level, on any given day, any of the top 6-10 men can win.

God Luke

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2006, 05:24:07 AM »
on a side note man coleman sux at showing his tries off, there huge mofo's but he just cant his the side tri pose for shi t on stage

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2006, 05:33:26 AM »
on a side note man coleman sux at showing his tries off, there huge mofo's but he just cant his the side tri pose for shi t on stage

Agreed, but some men have such a big torso and lack of upper body flexibility that it actually makes the triceps pose quite ackward. In Canada we have an "anatomically compact" bodybuilder named Samer Zebib. The guy stepped onstage this year ar 215lbs on 5'3" (and the guy gets peeled! But he has a huge gut) he has arms that are every bit of 22" (measured in front of me). In off-season shape he is around 245lbs and still has super thin skin. Anyway, he actually has some serious troubles grabbing his wrist when doing a triceps pose. When that happens he cannot fully extend his "posing" arm and as a result the triceps is not fully flexed. I'm not saying that this is Ronnie's problem, but his unhumain mass could make that pose a bit trickier. Then again, a lot of the top men (Jay, Dennis) are just as thick and can show the triceps nicely, so who knows?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2006, 05:54:55 AM »
Ruhl!!!! i wanna see his side tricep pose. how dare you all call a pro small!? Ruhl has an awesome abs and thighs pose... sorry if i sound random i'm drunk with Beck's.

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2006, 06:26:28 AM »
here

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2006, 09:58:57 AM »
M1 are you in the special olympics, or just plain stupid.Gustavo Baddell is huge.I train with him sometimes, and the guy right now is 275lbs, and he is 6 weeks out from the Arnold.His arms are and easy 22" if not 22 1/2 ".I am 275lbs and my arms are 21" and he pretty much kills me.I would like you to walk up to Gustavo Badell and tell him he is small at 5'7" and 275 lbs ,lol he could sneeze and knock you out, lol.Dude get a grip give the man his props, he took 3rd in the Olympia 2 years in a row.I bet Gusavos arms are bigger then your legs,lol

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2006, 10:13:41 AM »
M1 are you in the special olympics, or just plain stupid.Gustavo Baddell is huge.I train with him sometimes, and the guy right now is 275lbs, and he is 6 weeks out from the Arnold.His arms are and easy 22" if not 22 1/2 ".I am 275lbs and my arms are 21" and he pretty much kills me.I would like you to walk up to Gustavo Badell and tell him he is small at 5'7" and 275 lbs ,lol he could sneeze and knock you out, lol.Dude get a grip give the man his props, he took 3rd in the Olympia 2 years in a row.I bet Gusavos arms are bigger then your legs,lol
seriously

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »
I saw Gustavo as a teen playing a lifeguard in an old episode of Baywatch.  Pretty good physique even then.

M1

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2006, 12:40:42 PM »

I give him his props yeah, he's a good bodybuilder, placing 3rd does merit respect. I guess the pics prove your point, he might have 22 inch arms whatever. I give him his due

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Gustavo is not big for a pro bodybuilder
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2006, 02:34:08 PM »
yeah but if he's not careful he'll end up like King Kamali, people will be hating on him forever if his attitude doesn't change

the moment he loses or places bad, people will rip on him forever...King Kamali is exactly the same  :-\

Cmon!  Badell is not Kamali.

Alex Ardenti

• Expert
  • Getbig II
  • www.ardentifilms.com www.bodybuildingFLIX.com
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2006, 03:22:53 PM »
I saw Gustavo as a teen playing a lifeguard in an old episode of Baywatch.  Pretty good physique even then.

Are you sure that was Gustavo on Baywatch?

www.alexardenti.com
bodybuildingFLIX.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Gustavo ain't big for a pro bodybuilder
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2006, 03:27:51 PM »
i don't understand where you guys are gettin this bad attitude from?
bodybuildersreality.com

GMCtrk

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2006, 04:28:47 PM »
Side chest

Look at branch standing next to the champ there. This guy has the ability to come out of nowhere and take the olympia crown when Ronnie retires just like ron did in 98

suckmymuscle

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2006, 07:59:28 PM »
Gustavo isn't big for a pro bodybuilder. check out these back double bicep shots and side shots from the O

Ronnie and Jay both 22 inch arm

Gustavo has small arms in comparison to those guys in the pics, especially the side poses, Jay's arm is way bigger than Gustavo's, the pics prove it

we're talking at least 3 inches smaller

Gustavo is like 5 ft 7 tops, we all know Jay is 5ft 9, and Jay is at least 2 inches taller in these pics

He says he's 240-250 lbs at competition, I don't believe it, we all know Jay and Ronnie are both about 270 lbs onstage, and they make Gustavo look real small in comparison, especially back shots, wheels and  calves shot, they loo like they outweigh by at least 40-50 lbs, not 20 lbs as he claims, I don't think he can be more than 220-225 lbs ripped

I'd only trust the weigh ins if they were done in underwear and nothing else, anyone can fill their pockets with stuff and be 20 lbs heavier than what they really are

Yeah thats big at 5ft7, but I don't think he's as big as he makes out

Check out the 2005 Ironman pic. Gustavo claims to be 250 lbs, but we all know Lee is 200 lbs contest shape, and there is no way Gustavo is 40-50 lbs heavier than Lee in that pic, Lee is looks almost the same as him, Lee's arms are actually bigger, Gustavo could only 20 lbs heavier tops

Gustavo is bound to say he's 5ft 9, 250lbs with 22 inch arms, before we know he'll be claiming he's 300 lbs off season, loads of pros exaggerate their measurements

He's a great bodybuilder, yeah he has an awesome bod and he's big, but not big for a pro. Jay and Ronnie make him look small  :o

If we saw him in person, we wouldn't be that impressed, he's the smallest guy in the top 5 O line-up by far

He's probably 220-230lbs competition, 5ft6-5ft7 with 18-19 inch arms

do you guys agree with me?

Lee Labrada wasn't either, yet look at him: one of the top four bodybuilders ever.(see the other thread, about the top three bbuilders, and you'll see my ratings and the reasons heretofore)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2006, 08:17:16 PM »
WHO GIVES A SHIT?  Last time I went to a pro show , no judges went up onstage with a tape meassure. Bobybuilding is all about illusion and genetics....long muscle bellies,small joints etc..

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2006, 08:20:25 PM »
stupid question.... what's a muscle BELLY?

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2006, 08:29:02 PM »
A muscle "belly", the genetically determined length of a muscle based on its origin and insertion. For example, Shawn Ray has full long bellies in his arms, versus like an Albert Beckles who has short muscle bellies in his arms (high peaks, big gap between bicep and elbow). 

Alex Ardenti

• Expert
  • Getbig II
  • www.ardentifilms.com www.bodybuildingFLIX.com
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2006, 09:47:51 PM »
bodybuildingFLIX.com

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2006, 09:49:13 PM »
don't hate son

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2006, 12:03:46 PM »
Are you sure that was Gustavo on Baywatch?

www.alexardenti.com

Yeah no doubt.  I think he had roles in Kojak, Columbo and Petrocelli too.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »
I had no idea that it was arm size that won shows.... If that is the case then ladies and gentlemen I present your next Mr Olympia

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2006, 01:36:54 PM »
that's unreal. who's that freak?