Author Topic: Some UGLs offering bitcoin as payment...  (Read 6602 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Some UGLs offering bitcoin as payment...
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 02:30:27 AM »
Study this s-curve adoption graph closely. All successful new technologies follow the same curve for the most part. With only a 7 billion dollar market cap it's completely safe to say Bitcoin is in its infancy/early adopter state. After mass public adoption, which is on its way in the near future, we will see a Bitcoin price that will leave you in shock. Throw a few bucks in it.

Ok Satoshi, sure. You're forgetting the one thing standing between BTC and success: every fucking central bank in the world. Not a single one has an interest in BTC succeeding and that means that things like Mt Gox getting black-bagged and BTC company CEOs getting suicided.

None of them like to play fair.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 03:05:25 AM »
I say let the market decide what is "true money", you fascist.

This

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 03:31:36 AM »
Study this s-curve adoption graph closely. All successful new technologies follow the same curve for the most part. With only a 7 billion dollar market cap it's completely safe to say Bitcoin is in its infancy/early adopter state. After mass public adoption, which is on its way in the near future, we will see a Bitcoin price that will leave you in shock. Throw a few bucks in it.

Bitcoin is great and all but:

1. No government is currently backing it.

2. Is not physical currency.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 02:32:03 PM »
Bitcoin is great and all but:

1. No government is currently backing it.

2. Is not physical currency.

Governments are currently working to regulate it which means they will let it fly. NY and CA are front and center with regulating Bitcoin as they recognize the potential revenue that can be generated with Bitcoin related businesses. Bitcoin will be as revolutionary as the internet. Remember, Bitcoin is a protocol which bitcoin the currency has been built on top of. Wait until you see what else the protocol can do. I have no problem regulating Bitcoin starting with "know your customer" laws to remove some of the criminal element, also I have no problem taxing any currency including Bitcoin. As for Bitcoin not being physical, the USD for the most part is not physical. In some European countries, over 97% of transactions use credit/debit cards both of which charge fees. Bitcoin doesn't charge fees in addition to being safer, faster and easier than current methods of transaction.

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 02:54:04 PM »
Ok Satoshi, sure. You're forgetting the one thing standing between BTC and success: every fucking central bank in the world. Not a single one has an interest in BTC succeeding and that means that things like Mt Gox getting black-bagged and BTC company CEOs getting suicided.

None of them like to play fair.

U.S. agencies have already openly stated Bitcoin offers "legitimate benefits". Ben Bernanke, former chairman of the Federal Reserve, said that The Fed has no plans to regulate the currency. “Although the Federal Reserve generally monitors developments in virtual currencies and other payments system innovations, it does not necessarily have authority to directly supervise or regulate these innovations or the entities that provide them to the market”. As for the Bitcoin Exchange CEOs being murdered/suicided, it was a single small time bitcoin exchange CEO that was murdered probably not related in any way to bitcoin. She was cute. I doubt it was anything more than a random crime. On the other hand, check out the rate of high level banker suicides in the last month. It's important to filter out the fiction created by the mainstream media regarding Bitcoin. Initally they wanted it to fail. They now realize Bitcoin is going to be bigger than anyone can imagine and are actually coming out to support it now. Watch out... they're going to let Bitcoin fly and you better be buying before you miss the flight.

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »

Bryant Gumbel in this clip sounds like many of you when it comes to the subject of Bitcoin. Shortly after this clip, the world was changed with a little protocol called TCP/IP. I'm telling you for a fact, Bitcoin will be as revolutionary as TCP/IP and everything that was built on top of it. I highly recommend studying the Bitcoin protocol and what it's capable of doing. A protocol cannot be a Ponzi scheme.

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »
A couple weeks ago on another Bitcoin thread here I advised buying the alt coin "bitcoin scrypt". Last night it jumped by 500% in just a few hours. It's now at about 20 cents per full unit which is still bargain basement prices. I expect it to continue its course upwards. Not too late to swallow your pride and throw a little extra cash into it.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2014, 08:18:05 PM »
I say let the market decide what is "true money", you fascist.

Actually it's the Hierarchy GGews who decide.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
A couple weeks ago on another Bitcoin thread here I advised buying the alt coin "bitcoin scrypt". Last night it jumped by 500% in just a few hours. It's now at about 20 cents per full unit which is still bargain basement prices. I expect it to continue its course upwards. Not too late to swallow your pride and throw a little extra cash into it.

Honest question: why are you trying to get strangers on the internet to buy bitcoins? What do you get out of it?