Author Topic: Kevin Trudeau ----> 10 years prison  (Read 2133 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Kevin Trudeau ----> 10 years prison
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:33:33 AM »
(CNN) - Kevin Trudeau, the television pitchman and author who amassed a fortune telling consumers his secrets about how to get free money, how to lose weight and how to cure a number of illnesses the natural way, is headed to federal prison.

Trudeau, 51, was sentenced to 10 years on Monday for criminal contempt for violating a 2004 federal court order that prohibited him from making misleading infomercials and misrepresenting his weight-loss books. During Monday's sentencing hearing he also got a tongue-lashing from U.S. District Judge Ronald Guzman, according to the U.S. attorney's office in Chicago.

"Since the age of 25, (Trudeau) has attempted to cheat others for his own personal gain," Guzman said in Monday's sentencing hearing.

In a sentencing memo, prosecutors called Trudeau an "unrepentant, untiring, and uncontrollable huckster who has defrauded the unsuspecting for 30 years."

Trudeau was convicted of criminal contempt by a jury in November 2013 and has been in federal custody since his conviction.

Evidence was presented at his trial that Trudeau appeared in three infomercials in 2006 and 2007, and in those infomercials he misrepresented the contents of one of his weight-loss books. The U.S. attorney said those infomercials were not only untrue, but they violated the 2004 court order that prohibited the infomercials.

According to his book covers, several of his books have been number one on the New York Times bestseller list.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/17/justice/illinois-pitch-man/index.html?c=homepage-t

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Kevin Trudeau ----> 10 years prison
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:41:05 AM »
Some of his claims were outrageous and he did seem like a weasel, but there really are healthy/natural alternatives to the big pharma drugs used to treat conditions and diseases.  

The AMA and big pharma have no interest in curing anything.  There is NO money in cures.  They want you to be sick forever so you can keep taking their pills and taking their treatments until you die.  

Big pharma is a $500-600 billion dollar a year industry with 1000-2000% profit margins.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 04:45:17 AM »
10 mil networth...well worth a punt
S

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 05:43:32 AM »
Nestle's Water uses Tap Water. When last I checked, they said it's Spring Water from the mountains.  Another BS case in the USA court systems.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 05:46:06 AM »
he sold , sells  various things like how to get out of debt when he was in massive debt his commercial was on a channel last week lol, hes been in trouble for many years yet his commercial still plays  ???
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 05:48:20 AM »
The prison sentence he doesn't want you to know about.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 05:51:20 AM »
Shoulda stuck to Doonesbury.

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 05:57:58 AM »
Nestle's Water uses Tap Water. When last I checked, they said it's Spring Water from the mountains.  Another BS case in the USA court systems.
go away

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 07:00:33 AM »
This is harsh. In the USA murderers and pedos get less jail time than a guy who sold books with advice that may/ may not have been bunk. Nobody forced people to purchase the books and how do we know they followed the content 100%. I wonder what precedent this could set, if applied to the supplement i.dustry a lot of people should be facing time

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 07:07:00 AM »

I think it just says purified drinking water on their labels, not spring water.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 08:41:41 AM »
This guy is a peice of shit. I'm glad he's back behind bars where he belongs. I don't care about the weight loss or finance lies. It's the cancer and disease cures that piss me off. He took advantage of people and told them to follow his natural cures for cancer. I wonder how many people died because they followed his advise instead of traditional medicine. I hope Tyrone gets a peice of his ass in prison

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 08:55:14 AM »
This is harsh. In the USA murderers and pedos get less jail time than a guy who sold books with advice that may/ may not have been bunk. Nobody forced people to purchase the books and how do we know they followed the content 100%. I wonder what precedent this could set, if applied to the supplement i.dustry a lot of people should be facing time

Exactly That_Dude.  How many big pharma CEO's have "done time" because their drug actually KILLED people? Not only that, but if they wanted to, they could take the prescribing Dr to task, the insurer who covered the bill on the medicine, the pharmacist and intern who dispensed the drug, on down the line.  This guy writes some books. Bullshit or not, theres more to the story or they're making an example out of him

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 08:56:06 AM »
Let's see how he cons his way out of getting buttraped.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »
Some of his claims were outrageous and he did seem like a weasel, but there really are healthy/natural alternatives to the big pharma drugs used to treat conditions and diseases.  

The AMA and big pharma have no interest in curing anything.  There is NO money in cures.  They want you to be sick forever so you can keep taking their pills and taking their treatments until you die.  

Big pharma is a $500-600 billion dollar a year industry with 1000-2000% profit margins.

I keep hearing this stupid argument, they care about cures moron, how about polio? infections? certain cancers? surgeries?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Truth is, we can't cure everything and it's really really complicated.

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »
Exactly That_Dude.  How many big pharma CEO's have "done time" because their drug actually KILLED people? Not only that, but if they wanted to, they could take the prescribing Dr to task, the insurer who covered the bill on the medicine, the pharmacist and intern who dispensed the drug, on down the line.  This guy writes some books. Bullshit or not, theres more to the story or they're making an example out of him

This seems to be the "more to the story" why he got prison time, not paying up his fine.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/12/18/the-37-6-million-dollar-fine-he-doesnt-want-you-to-know-about/#.UyiniPldWSo

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 01:40:31 PM »
Yet they allow "supplement" companies to say just about anything and put anything they want on the label. I doubt Trudeau's advice killed anyone where the same can't be said about the "supplement companies" :-\

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 01:41:57 PM »
10 mil networth...well worth a punt

I would have thought he would have a lot more money than that...Still a lot of dough though...

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 01:43:30 PM »
The prison sentence he doesn't want you to know about.

Bah!  ha ha ha ha ha

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 01:49:23 PM »
Is this artist next? Free Garry Trudeau  >:(

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 01:58:07 PM »
Dr. Oz better watch his back  :D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 02:11:34 PM »
Dr. Oz better watch his back  :D

Isn't Oz a Ggew pretending to be a Muslim? I'm guessing he's protected.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 03:10:09 PM »
I keep hearing this stupid argument, they care about cures moron, how about polio? infections? certain cancers? surgeries?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Truth is, we can't cure everything and it's really really complicated.

People still get polio and cancer is NEVER cured... it's treated.  They make billions of dollars a year just to treat people to death.  It happened to many people in my family including my Dad.

Get your head out of your fucking ass.  

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »
whats with this polio nonsense
A