Author Topic: I started a diet yesterday...(3/17 probably going to update daily/EOD)  (Read 19930 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
I realize that there is a thread dedicated to all posters diets, but hopefully by putting it out there in its own thread, it might force me a bit harder to stay with it.  Also, I have never dieted before, and only a day into it, it is hard actually watching what you eat.  I was actually surprised that after somewhat counting my  calories over the weekend, that I was eating an obscene amount.  Along with beer on the weekends, it was around 4,000 calories a day.  I am not what I would call fat now, just a bit heavier around the waist, as I have a one year old, and have not worked out properly in over a year.  I have not been more than ten times this year, excluding last week, which I went four times.  I am going to make myself go five days a week, and hopefully start my swimming routine two days a week again.  I am 6'4 and 240lbs, so not overly fat, but my 36 jeans don't fit anymore, and the 38's are too comfortable for my liking.  I hope to get down to 225-228, which is what I weighed in college when I looked what I feel was my best.  Diet wise I am trying to start this week with 2,400 calories a day, splitting it into six meals of 400 calories, with a 40g carb/40g protein/8g fats per meal, or as close as I can get.  I will be measuring portions and am going to cut out red meat to maybe once a week, and try and cut my alcohol intake, with a cheat day once a week either Saturday or Sunday.  I am going to cut sweets out as well, and do a cardio session after working out, while still lifting heavy.  I will be doing this clean, as I have not touched a steroid since 04 or 05.  

First day went like this:

1/2 cup oatmeal with half scoop protein powder and two eggs at 7am

cup of brown rice and tuna for mid morning snack

pasta ( I know, I know) with chicken breast for lunch

Salad with leafy greens and tuna for dinner.

I did not get my full amount of meals, which I will try to do today, as I spent some time prepping food last night.  I am also going to minimalize dairy as much as possible.  I am going to cut everything by 10% weekly until I get to 2,000 calories a day, and do that for ten weeks after.  Diet should be around 12-14 weeks, and hopefully I will notice results, and stick with it.  Can anyone tell me how to post a pic, I may do that for comparison sake.  

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Re: I started a diet yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 02:48:53 PM »
Almost done with day two, but having a bit of trouble getting enough protein. I am trying to pretty much eliminate dairy for a while, and was going to supplement with protein powder. Do any of you mix it with water?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 02:53:45 PM »
Runs a fortune 500 company, can't figure out how to post a pic on the internet. ::)

Click additional options below your lame response, then click browse find the pic and click it, then post.
If posting from a pic site like photobucket, they'll have an [img] code you can copy and paste into your lame response.

::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 04:17:56 PM »
Runs a fortune 500 company, can't figure out how to post a pic on the internet. ::)

Click additional options below your lame response, then click browse find the pic and click it, then post.
If posting from a pic site like photobucket, they'll have an [img] code you can copy and paste into your lame response.

write it in crayon this is too much for his brain to comprehend
p

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 04:46:09 PM »
write it in crayon this is too much for his brain to comprehend
I could write it on your forehead and everyone could read it.

From space.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 04:48:06 PM »

Suck my balls dude, I post from a fucking phone and have never had the urge or reason to post a pic, which is why I don't know how. Thanks for the info though, now get me those fucking crayons!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 06:08:42 PM »
Suck my balls dude, I post from a fucking phone and have never had the urge or reason to post a pic, which is why I don't know how. Thanks for the info though, now get me those fucking crayons!
:o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
more your speed

bench

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 12:22:48 AM »
keep us updated
T

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 03:57:31 AM »
Oven stopped working Tuesday.  Went to see what the problem was, touched  the power cord and there was a large pop and sparks, fire, etc....Took off the back piece to see if there was a short and all the wires were melted and now the range top doesn't work either.  It's only 1.5 years old.

So, irongrip, while you're here bragging about all your fancy foods, did you ever stop to think there might be a Y boarder out there with a shit ton of uncooked brussel sprouts, cauliflower, kale, and spinach that might go bad since the repairman isn't scheduled until Friday!!??  Did you ever consider it?  No, you're worried about being a few protien grams short of some made up magic number that's not going to make a difference at all.

Insensitive prick.
Y

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 08:55:24 AM »
Oven stopped working Tuesday.  Went to see what the problem was, touched  the power cord and there was a large pop and sparks, fire, etc....Took off the back piece to see if there was a short and all the wires were melted and now the range top doesn't work either.  It's only 1.5 years old.

So, irongrip, while you're here bragging about all your fancy foods, did you ever stop to think there might be a Y boarder out there with a shit ton of uncooked brussel sprouts, cauliflower, kale, and spinach that might go bad since the repairman isn't scheduled until Friday!!??  Did you ever consider it?  No, you're worried about being a few protien grams short of some made up magic number that's not going to make a difference at all.

Insensitive prick.
I think the bigger question is why are you cooking all that in the oven?

Are you German or something?

Bench

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 09:05:13 AM »

Insensitive prick.

Sorry about your missing the anabolic window man, my apologies in this time of need. Hopefully you are not crying yourself to sleep in the fetal position, sucking your thumb. Get that oven fixed bro.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 09:18:32 AM »
Your sympathic post has cause me to reconsider, and I have decided we are ok.

Post on, my dieting friend.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 06:15:58 PM »
Your sympathic post has cause me to reconsider, and I have decided we are ok.

Post on, my dieting friend.

Well, it was either post about my diet, or how your team was one Lee Evans dropped pass from being 0-2 against Baltimore in Super Bowls.  :o

;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
Well, it was either post about my diet, or how your team was one Lee Evans dropped pass from being 0-2 against Baltimore in Super Bowls.  :o

;D

I thought that play should have been reviewed.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 12:49:23 PM »
Not sure if this is just in my head or not, but I am only on my fourth day, and I am tired as hell right now, like about to crash out.  Got home late last night, and after being out all day, was still able to squeeze in a 40 minute workout but no cardio afterwards.  Oh well, today is back day, gonna take some caffeine and hit the gym, but gotta eat some tuna and broccoli first.  Still 244lbs today, but am hoping to lose 1.5lbs a week for 12 weeks, and see where it takes me.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 01:00:08 PM »
Not sure if this is just in my head or not, but I am only on my fourth day, and I am tired as hell right now, like about to crash out.  Got home late last night, and after being out all day, was still able to squeeze in a 40 minute workout but no cardio afterwards.  Oh well, today is back day, gonna take some caffeine and hit the gym, but gotta eat some tuna and broccoli first.  Still 244lbs today, but am hoping to lose 1.5lbs a week for 12 weeks, and see where it takes me.

I think if you just did paleo and ate carbs a bit on weight training days you could pretty much ace this without tracking.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Re: I started a diet yesterday...(3/17 probably going to update daily/EOD)
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »
Cheated on my diet yesterday and felt like shit. Kept my meals the same except went to a BBQ and for my afternoon meal had a hamburger and one without the bun. Had two vodka and diet club sodas as well. Back on track for dinner yesterday and meals today. Goin to go to the gym and run for about an hour after my workout to punish myself.  :-\

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 01:25:20 PM »
Cheated on my diet yesterday and felt like shit. Kept my meals the same except went to a BBQ and for my afternoon meal had a hamburger and one without the bun. Had two vodka and diet club sodas as well. Back on track for dinner yesterday and meals today. Goin to go to the gym and run for about an hour after my workout to punish myself.  :-\
Fatso.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 02:59:31 PM »
Cheated on my diet yesterday and felt like shit.

Cheating on a diet four days in isn't a good sign.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 05:40:49 PM »
Cheating on a diet four days in isn't a good sign.

Fatso.

Yes, keep it coming. I will remember this feeling of shame next time I want to cheat on the diet.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 06:12:45 AM »
Fatso.

;D

His lack of willpower sickens me >:(

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 07:19:44 AM »

;D

His lack of willpower sickens me >:(
Does he even lift?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 10:46:29 AM »
Does he even lift?

Maybe pink db's ???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 11:08:33 AM »

Maybe pink db's ???

Wait, are you saying that that "irongrip" of his is mainly used on himself.   ???
Y