Author Topic: I'm embarrassed to admit this; but I was looking at my globe today...  (Read 2936 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
And it became glaringly obvious to me that I was having difficulty finding some Asian countries. When I envision a map in my mind; I visualize North & South America, Europe and Africa. I don't visualize Asia at all.

I was looking at the various countries in Asia and I was amazed at how little I know about their locations. Also, I had never heard of most of the cities in those Asian countries.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Re: I'm embarrassed to admit this; but I was looking at my globe today...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »
And it became glaringly obvious to me that I was having difficulty finding some Asian countries. When I envision a map in my mind; I visualize North & South America, Europe and Africa. I don't visualize Asia at all.

I was looking at the various countries in Asia and I was amazed at how little I know about their locations. Also, I had never heard of most of the cities in those Asian countries.

Where are you from?

The school system has failed you.  :'(

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:16:28 AM »
They don't lift in any Asian countries, they are irrelevant.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 10:17:23 AM »
Damn...I want a globe....a big one...in a stand  >:(

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
They don't lift in any Asian countries, they are irrelevant.

Tell that to Musclecenters face.   >:(

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »
Tell that to Musclecenters face.   >:(

He fakes the whole Asian thing, he is actually from Austria like Arnold.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »
All Asian countries look the same, that's why.  They can't drive either.  HTH

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 10:41:40 AM »
I have an awesome globe. I like to spin it like in the movies , and then land my finger somewhere and yell...."THIS is where we strike !!" ...but its just me in the room .

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »

Are you a high school drop out?  Bah!  Fool!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 11:45:38 AM »
I have an awesome globe. I like to spin it like in the movies , and then land my finger somewhere and yell...."THIS is where we strike !!" ...but its just me in the room .

Must be an American thing ;D 8)

...I have the feeling Royalty is more of a shake his globe and watch it snow kind of guy ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
The Mercadian Map is a racist piece of bullshit. We've been brainwashed with this racist propaganda. The Gall-Peters projection is a much more accurate depiction of the layout of this planet. Africa is absolutely fucking ginormeous. This is not shown a traditional Mercadian Map. Once again, in an effort to keep the mightiness of blackness down. Size = power in the human mind. Make Africa smaller, and even throw some white people in there that were not the original people and it takes away from its greatness. The facts are that Africa has the most natural resources, it's the second largest continent, and last but not least, Egypt and Israel are in AFRICA. The Middle East is a REGION. Egypt AND Israel were both originally inhabited by black people. Ahhhhhh.....that felt good. It's been a while since I've had one of those. Anyway, all true. Mark my words when I say, we will get our land back, even the Bible says it.  :)

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »
The Mercadian Map is a racist piece of bullshit. We've been brainwashed with this racist propaganda. The Gall-Peters projection is a much more accurate depiction of the layout of this planet. Africa is absolutely fucking ginormeous. This is not shown a traditional Mercadian Map. Once again, in an effort to keep the mightyness of blackness down. Size = power in the human mind. Make Africa smaller, and even throw some white people in there there were not the original people and it takes away from its greatness. The facts are that Africa has the most natural resources, it's the second largest continent, and last but not least, Egypt and Israel are in AFRICA. The Middle East is a REGION. Egypt AND Israel were both originally inhabited by black people. Ahhhhhh.....that felt good. It's been a while since I've had one of those. Anyway, all true. Mark my words when I say, we will get our land back, even the Bible says it.  :)

it can be as big as it wants, its still fucking sucks

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 12:37:21 PM »

That's just one white man's opinion.

epic_alien

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »

x1

the trainer

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »

Are you the typical american who does not know about anywhere apart from america and if I speak about georgia in europe you will tell me no its in the usa.

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 01:14:10 PM »
The Mercadian Map is a racist piece of bullshit. We've been brainwashed with this racist propaganda. The Gall-Peters projection is a much more accurate depiction of the layout of this planet. Africa is absolutely fucking ginormeous. This is not shown a traditional Mercadian Map. Once again, in an effort to keep the mightiness of blackness down. Size = power in the human mind. Make Africa smaller, and even throw some white people in there that were not the original people and it takes away from its greatness. The facts are that Africa has the most natural resources, it's the second largest continent, and last but not least, Egypt and Israel are in AFRICA. The Middle East is a REGION. Egypt AND Israel were both originally inhabited by black people. Ahhhhhh.....that felt good. It's been a while since I've had one of those. Anyway, all true. Mark my words when I say, we will get our land back, even the Bible says it.  :)
The human race originated in Africa. To say blacks and whites are a different race is racist propaganda.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 01:25:31 PM »
Are you the typical american who does not know about anywhere apart from america and if I speak about georgia in europe you will tell me no its in the usa.

Seriously, there were like 20-25 cities in China that I never heard of before. Same with India.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 01:27:30 PM »

here we go again...

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »
shizzos globe

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 01:51:48 PM »
I have a huge purple dildo stuck to Naaldwijk on my globe.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 01:56:55 PM »
because they are different culture from the western and none of them speak english.

name 5 celebs from asia... there you see there is no real incentive for people to take interest...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 03:16:55 PM »
I have a huge purple dildo stuck to Naaldwijk on my globe.

lol

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »

Yes, this is true, Africa is grossly undersized in comparison to other regions on the Mercadian map. However this is not racist, the Mercator projection is a cylindrical projection type map (the vertical lines are equally spaced). It distorts the size of areas as the scale increases from the equator line. So basically the scale is correct through Africa (and S. America etc.) but it is distorted up at Northern Europe, Asia, North America and Southern areas. Greenland and Antarctica for example, at the extreme North and South of the map are huge (grossly distorted). Gerardus Mercator himself recognised this and said that this map should not be used as a reference for relative areas but instead for navigation (for which it is still used today)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »

I was teaching my 9 year old son the countries of the world on a globe. Got to Africa and he came across N I G E R. He looked at me shocked and said "there's a country called ni88er?". Nearly shit myself laughing. Have a video of it but won't post it in case he ever decides to be a public figure.