Author Topic: MLW Podcast - Ted Dibiasi  (Read 1298 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
MLW Podcast - Ted Dibiasi
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:09:43 AM »
Not sure if yu guys ever listen to the MLW radio podcast.....alot of free episodes but also a subscription service

One show had Ted and Alex Greenfield, a head writer from Smackdown I believe

Some highlights:

* Matches are too short, back in Ted's days, wasn't uncommon to go at least 15 mins
* The amount of Sr guys left in the biz is dwindling thus knowledge transfer between the vet's and the newbies is gone
* Thinks the Training center is good but these guys/gals need to get out and do more matches...
* Says Bruno was not a good wrestler but due to his charisma he was over....

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: MLW Podcast - Ted Dibiasi
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 06:40:33 AM »
Not sure if yu guys ever listen to the MLW radio podcast.....alot of free episodes but also a subscription service

One show had Ted and Alex Greenfield, a head writer from Smackdown I believe

Some highlights:

* Matches are too short, back in Ted's days, wasn't uncommon to go at least 15 mins
* The amount of Sr guys left in the biz is dwindling thus knowledge transfer between the vet's and the newbies is gone
* Thinks the Training center is good but these guys/gals need to get out and do more matches...
* Says Bruno was not a good wrestler but due to his charisma he was over....

I've never listened to it.

I am glad the matches are short because the guys now couldn't go as long a the guys from my childhood.

I've always thought that they should send the guys in the training center to little towns to do shows. Make them get some travel experience line the guys had to do working territories back in the day.

As far as Bruno, this might not be a popular opinion but I've always thought he was over rated.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 07:06:34 AM »
As far as Bruno, this might not be a popular opinion but I've always thought he was over rated.

I don't care if it's "popular" - I agree! He was over with the fans; that part can't be denied. However, I've always believed that the WWWF glorified him to a great extent. Again, I give him credit because he was the top guy and he did carry the territory for a lot of years. Some of his glory was earned, but a lot was "marketing." Regardless, it was a formula that worked for a lot of years.

Vince Jr. used similar tactics with Hogan. In fact, I consider Bruno and Hulkster to be very similar in that respect. They were both physically big, had good characters, and were way over everywhere they went. But, they achieved their greatest success with the McMahon's because "the Vinces" knew best how to market them. Hogan could have worked the top of the card in every single territory, but would never have made the kind of money and fame he did with the Fed.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 11:45:06 AM »
On another show I heard with Disco Inferno he said all the wrestlers today are "boys" there are no rugged men i:e the Bruno's, Arn Anderson, Dick Murdock's of the world....people you would want to steer clear of.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »
On another show I heard with Disco Inferno he said all the wrestlers today are "boys" there are no rugged men i:e the Bruno's, Arn Anderson, Dick Murdock's of the world....people you would want to steer clear of.

I agree.