Author Topic: In 1993, Paul Dillet couldnt pose his back. By 2003 Paul mastered the lat spread  (Read 27057 times)

BeNaBoLiC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
well paul dillet's back proably was weak because of all the overtraining due to bare backing with lee preist while he used priest as a bentover row
Remember you control the wheight; not visversa!!!!

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Paul had weak pecs and back. Terrible poser too.

Pauls strengths were arms, legs, and shoulder width.

Paul Dillet had weak pecs ? If that's the case ... I wish I had weak pecs.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
that back pose is absolutely terrible for someone who looks as huge as him
Valhalla awaits.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
he could flare his lats standing "relaxed" but seemed to have trouble doing the same in an actual lat spread.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Dorian looked terrible compared to LOTS of bodybuilders of his day from the front.

Here is my review of him in 1996 at the British GP:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/1996englishgrandprixdvd.html

Why the hell does back hold so much weight in judging?  He was not even top five from the front at that show - just dominated from the back and to a lesser extent from the side.

See I don't agree with you saying Yates looked terrible from the front , he had the best front latspread , and the best ab-thigh shot , pre-tear his front double bicep shot was excellent , while on paper Dillet should destory Yates in these poses yet he doesn't with the exception of the front double bicep shot , then again Yates never had a problem with his conditioning , where it was always problamatic with Paul .

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
he could flare his lats standing "relaxed" but seemed to have trouble doing the same in an actual lat spread.

he just couldn't direct his nerves and back muscles
I am a mini beast

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
if anyones going to be called 'the shadow' it should be dillet....

this has got to be the greatest bodybuilding pic of all time....

he looks like a freakn superhero...

sick

>:(

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
this has got to be the greatest bodybuilding pic of all time....

he looks like a freakn superhero...

sick

>:(

so why dont you give credit to the photographer if you like it so much   :)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board

It's those shoulders.  You can't really spread the lats without spreading the delts first and Paul's delts were shot from heavy lifting that caught up to him.  Sore shoulders, no lat spread.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
His shoulders were so sore that he couldn't pose or lift his arms? I hope you're kidding, that's ridiculous.

Apparently his understanding of good presentation was the main problem. Unfortunately he never got the message. Back lat shot's about the only weak pose.

ARTI

• Getbig II
That first back shot is BULLSHIT!

You can see his back is much wider then that from the other front shots.

Someone find Dillet's Best back shot, then we can talk about. Not his worst.

There's alot of pictures floating around that make Yates back look like shit too.
SlackJaw Fagets

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
There's alot of pictures floating around that make Yates back look like shit too.

I'm still waiting for Yate's good ones.. :D

420 Diesel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
he had such a stupid looking moustache

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Paul had a very wide back , but when he did his back double bicep shot his back looked absolutely tiny , his had the gigantic arms , and delts and his back looked like a middleweights , this was a very akward pose for him.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
severe back injuries when he started competing prevented him from developing his back as he couldnt use heavy weights without incredible discomfort. He was so big that he couldnt hold a pose or fully squeeze his arms etc
Scouser on Tour

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
he was soooo big he couldnt pose- what kind of lame excuse is that?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Great shoulders, arms, quads & calves. Stinky back & chest. Rancid poser. Very nice guy.
a

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
its a fact, many people in Pro BBing have said Dilletts muscles were too big for him to pose properly
Scouser on Tour

lvtolft

• Getbig III
Here is a better back shot.  A small picture, but it does show a better than average back. :)

lvtolft

• Getbig III
Here is another one.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Here is a better back shot.  A small picture, but it does show a better than average back. :)

he was one of my favorites/ whatever happened to him ?

Rudee

• Getbig V
I saw Dillet up closet at a Toronto show back in the mid 90's and when he walked past me I couldn't believe how enormous he was.  Sure, his upperbody was mindblowing, but what really caught my eye was his legs and calves. The guy has some of the most impressive legs I've ever seen with calves the size of footballs.   I think his calves are just as powerful as Yates and his legs are just phenominal.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
He was one of my favorites too.  He had a lot of genetic talent.  I wish he would have stayed around a bit longer.

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
Paul guest posed here a number of years ago.  He looked unbelievable, but had absolutely no control when he posed.  It almost looked like it was painful for him to hit a pose.

Aside from that dude was a freak.
W

ARTI

• Getbig II
its a fact, many people in Pro BBing have said Dilletts muscles were too big for him to pose properly

Then those people are idiots just like you.
SlackJaw Fagets