Author Topic: Gal: noob q, dieting whilst on gear  (Read 3033 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Gal: noob q, dieting whilst on gear
« on: March 19, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »
So, just starting a low dose cruise and I want to make sure I get the diet right. For the most part, I eat pretty clean, about 250-300g protein and about 2500 kcals a day.

Should I do the "only eat while hungry" thing? I want to put on as much muscle as possible, but I don't want to be a bloated fatso by binge eating. I can already feel my appetite going up and am wondering how to deal with that.

Any advice, thanks.

galeniko

• Getbig V
Re: Gal: noob q, dieting whilst on gear
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 06:59:09 PM »
yeah brother, you observe the bloat and adapt the calories, the no eat if not hungry rule is the best and most important thing ever,

however, rest assured the maximum muscle size is gained with maximum calorie intake, but that makes ppl very fat etc.

it depends on how much you want gain, if its serious serious mass, a bulk will be mandatory,but higher doses will be too.

but i gather you onloy want solid 20-30lbs over extended period of time with leans, so yeah dont overdo the foods.

and dont have the same calories every day, dont get stuck on that idea, the body will have diferent caloric needs every day, hell every hour even, cant just say so and so much cals every day, it depends on (over)training state, recovery state, how much glycogen is in the system(youll find, the more is stored the less cals you need and vice versa).

let yourself be led by the hunger feeling, not by the clock.
sure you could eat 30gr protein all 3 hrs but its not needed to be so overly precise.
it will happen that hunger comes back very soon after a meal, sometimes even after 20minutes, just wait till 3hrs have passed between meals if this happens.
the apetite will increase to weird levels youll see, but keep in mind its all the brain being greedy, if it happens that you eat a whole buffet of shit foods, enojoy that,if you cant stop it, dont worry, but be prepared for a long fast afterwards,with several hunger attacks in the meanwhile.

the bigger the meal, the bigger the bloodsugar crash(hunger sensation)will be.

as long you stick to training hard(smartly), the dietary protein and no going off, you are guaranteed to gain those 20lbs easy easy in 1 year.we talking clearly leaner and clearly bigger.

the carbs, treat them like this, when you feel and know yure depleted, at this point, you can even eat 200-300gramm pure sugar at once, wont make you fat.otherwise,it will,obviously.
if you want do a crab up, you can try clean ones or everything goes, keep it to 1 meal, not 1 day, i eel i whole day does big big damage as far water retention goes, well atleast compared to 1 meal.
or you can just cycle the carbs, you know, when deplete, have 300gr, net day 50, then 100, just any random number,but dont go over 300, and keep the average as low as realisticaly possible.
after bigger carb days, next day you look fuller,maybe same day depends how fast theyre stored,the day after you will look worse,then half the carbs and shoudl look better the followup day,etc,youll see patterns.

fats, use them like this, moderately, if a meal has plenty fats, make sure the carbs on that meal are low.
and vice cersa.
fat gets stored quite immediately, but also gets used as energy very fast.

the body is in general, always in fatbuning state, ie, laying around, walking, sleeping.
it only burns carbs during exercising.

when youre consistenlty low on cals, even small amount of carbs will make you feel like youre exploding, this is due to extremly sensitive insulin sensitivity.
if youre consistently high on cals and carbs in particular, that exploding sensation will FAST fade away, the insulin sensitivity goes down the toilet extremy fast, 50% in 4 days easy.it also recovers at similiar rate btw.so its a fair deal.

why im mentioning this is, dont get stuck into the thinking "I need" so and so carbs amount, the body always adapts,with tendency to wanting more.

dont worry about undereating at times, a day has passed and youre at merely 1000cals and dont even feel like eating?protein isnt on daily goal yet?
dont worry, the next binge will eventualy happen and you make up for that there ;D

the apetite thing cna be realy realy bad and hard to overcome, literaly after a meal where your stomach is almost exploding,you are feeling apetite again.wait it out,its only apetite,not hunger,
but sometimes, youll feel it, the body will need a sandwich or burger.usualy when going low carbs for long and the clean food doesnt fill up no matter what, where drinking water dont halp anymore etc.
then have the sandwich,or chocolate, something calorie dense.but be prepared mentaly for the sugar rush, or it ends in a binge.

id always before meals, have a coffee or water.
then start with salad,then the protein sourcs and then the carbs.

cheers
n

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:02:57 PM »
Gal summed it up pretty well, but here's my $.02:

-you'll grow just fine on your diet.  Don't eat more in the hopes of growing quicker

-gear is less forgiving when you eat like shit...eat a bunch of junk food and it'll take 2 days to lose the bloat.  Avoid dairy, gluten, too many carbs, and eating too much. Nothing worse than moonface

-give it TIME.... keep everything the same except for the 250mgs/week of test, and prepare to be amazed at how good you'll look in 4-6 months time.  Yeah you'll notice changes within weeks, but don't expect too much to happen to quickly

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 12:16:22 AM »

................or you can just cycle the carbs, you know, when deplete, have 300gr, net day 50, then 100, just any random number,but dont go over 300, and keep the average as low as realisticaly possible................ ...............

What would be the time frame for that as an example?  That's 3 days-what about a weeks time frame?

Example:  4 weeks keto.  Next 7 days-Monday-300 carbs, Tues-50, Wed-100, Thurs-?, Fri.......?

And then back to Keto for another 4 weeks.

I really enjoy a low carb to keto diet year round.  But I also love the feeling of strength and fullness I get after a binge meal.  Would a carb week be beneficial on occasion or just stick to a massive carb day?  

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 03:53:53 AM »

What would be the time frame for that as an example?  That's 3 days-what about a weeks time frame?

Example:  4 weeks keto.  Next 7 days-Monday-300 carbs, Tues-50, Wed-100, Thurs-?, Fri.......?

And then back to Keto for another 4 weeks.

I really enjoy a low carb to keto diet year round.  But I also love the feeling of strength and fullness I get after a binge meal.  Would a carb week be beneficial on occasion or just stick to a massive carb day?  

hm, i try to avoid the massive 1 meals if i can, the bloodsugar crash is a bit much to handle all the time.
however, it does keep the muscle glycogen full for about a whole week,or , until every muscle was worked once, this can be seen as positive or negative.
how the weekly pattern looks, i do it like this, the day im very depleted, as in, flat and very weak, ill have 300-400carbs.
the next day,ill have either 50 or 200.(depending on how much water was gained)
then averaging on 0-100 for 2-3 days,then the 300-400 again.

but this is when already lean anyway, to get there, stricly from dieting down perspective, would have half the carbs.
btw i keep the protein low on the higher carb days,like 100gramms, it seems to keep down stomach bloat.

and yeah, the 1 thing to get shredded fastest realy is fasted training,its so radical nothing i ever tried comes close.

yeah agree with pvirgin, give it time, no overeating necesary
n

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 04:03:32 AM »
Yeah, me and a friend are hopping on at the same time. He is likely going to go with a bit more test, dbols and "bulking" style eating.

Not my scene or goals. I told him "enjoy your tomato moonface, you bloated pig" with as much bro-love as possible.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 05:05:07 AM »
in 3 months *sweet 18 years* bitches will be yours

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 05:08:45 AM »
in 3 months *sweet 18 years* bitches will be yours

No offense, but I am 48 and married. I have no use for pups. My wife is a fine fitness woman that appreciates the male form quite well.

Plus, I have boils on my ass that have been around for longer than 18 years.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 05:09:57 AM »
No offense, but I am 48 and married. I have no use for pups. My wife is a fine fitness woman that appreciates the male form quite well.

sounds like a sweet deal

how old is her

does she still cook deliscion food

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 06:57:17 AM »
sounds like a sweet deal

how old is her

does she still cook deliscion food

She's my age, but looks 15 years younger. It's amazing the benefits of a life of weight training and fitness.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 09:07:49 AM »

^ Straight up alpha response right there  8)

Respect, boils in ass an all.
S

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »
^ Straight up alpha response right there  8)

Respect, boils in ass an all.
to have an obedient wife that cooks deliscious bodybuilding approved,,,, food is blessing of Jehova