Author Topic: the party of BAN strikes again...  (Read 3636 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
the party of BAN strikes again...
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:04:20 AM »
A california Democrat (who else ::)) has proposed legislation Banning killer whale shows at sea world, as well as killer whale captive breeding programs.
ok, even if you have a problem with the shows(which is stupid because the orcas are major investments and are almost certainly treated extremely well in reality), why the fuck would you want to Ban captive breeding of these animals? Anyone who knows anything about animals knows the multitude of benefits and knowledge that come from captive breeding of a species.

Is there ANYTHING these 'progressive' assholes wont try to Ban???????

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: the party of BAN strikes again...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 07:07:23 AM »
A california Democrat (who else ::)) has proposed legislation Banning killer whale shows at sea world, as well as killer whale captive breeding programs.
ok, even if you have a problem with the shows(which is stupid because the orcas are major investments and are almost certainly treated extremely well in reality), why the fuck would you want to Ban captive breeding of these animals? Anyone who knows anything about animals knows the multitude of benefits and knowledge that come from captive breeding of a species.

Is there ANYTHING these 'progressive' assholes wont try to Ban???????

abortion, gay marriage, free sex change operations, etc. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 07:09:51 AM »
Actually they don't do so well and sorta go nuts. The thing with their dorsals flopping over...only happens in captivity. A killer whale's brain is massive...a lot going on in there and I don't think swimming in a tiny ass tank does much for them. I'm all for rehabbing a sick one but they shouldn't be used in shows. Yeah I know some of you lefties just flopped over dead.
L

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 07:25:42 AM »
I actually agree with the dem on this one.

Those animals should be left alone in their native habitat. Just my personal opinion. I am sure people can point to the millions of dollars that have been raised for their preservation and all the knowledge gained about them. I still think they don't belong in captivity. Same thing with zoos and circuses. They shouldn't take anymore animals.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 07:30:51 AM »
I go to zoo's....never ever been to a circus as an adult.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 07:34:02 AM »
I go to zoo's....never ever been to a circus as an adult.

getbig political board  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 07:34:43 AM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 07:36:50 AM »
can you ever have a post without Obama,try it you'll feel better

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 07:41:04 AM »
Actually they don't do so well and sorta go nuts. The thing with their dorsals flopping over...only happens in captivity. A killer whale's brain is massive...a lot going on in there and I don't think swimming in a tiny ass tank does much for them. I'm all for rehabbing a sick one but they shouldn't be used in shows. Yeah I know some of you lefties just flopped over dead.

Have to agree with this too.  They're an animal species that really doesn't seem to do well mentally in captivity.  Read about "Tilikum."
Y

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »
I saw Blackfish....while not surprised, I was shocked that the animals was still alive after all that.
L

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 08:18:10 AM »
I saw Blackfish too.

That documentary is the reason for these legislations.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 08:21:57 AM »
Never had any interest in going to SeaWorld or those types of places. I did go to the coast years ago with my girlfriend to see the dolphins in the ocean and I remember the tour guide bringing up alot of the same points in this thread.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »
The animals act completely different in the wild. I went to the Sea world here in San Antonio. We got in free....the price is like 60 bucks or more a person...who pays that. Its more rides then anything. We did get up near the dolphins...they looked miserable.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 01:41:12 AM »

ROTFLMAO!!!  My eyeballs are like saucers right now, and my eyebrows went up so far, it's gonna take a week for them to come back down. Truth be told, I'm somewhat inclined to think your account has gotten hacked HH.  ;D
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 04:31:19 AM »

Holy shiitt.

Is that you HH6?  RESPECT!!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 04:39:46 AM »
I saw Blackfish too.

That documentary is the reason for these legislations.

I remember that one chick coming out of the pool with her forearm all contorted.

Wild animals are wild animals. If you get into a pool or cage with one, or if you put yourself in the pathway of a bull, you get what you get.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »

This.  Get 'em out of captivity.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 05:21:59 PM »
I read a story about some dumbshit Dem that wants to make it mandatory that restaurants cater to food allergies.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 11:35:20 PM »
 the orcas are major investments and are almost certainly treated extremely well in reality...

See Blackfish on Netflix and let us know if you still feel the same way, JM.

BTW, an even harder to watch documentary on Netflix (the whole thing is on youtube, too) about the gruesome way humans treat animals is called Earthlings.

I only made it through maybe 15 minutes of that shit -- I just couldn't stomach watching the dog being crushed in the garbage truck (made me want to kill the humans doing it) and had to turn it off.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 07:51:49 AM »
ROTFLMAO!!!  My eyeballs are like saucers right now, and my eyebrows went up so far, it's gonna take a week for them to come back down. Truth be told, I'm somewhat inclined to think your account has gotten hacked HH.  ;D

Just sooooo u people don't think I've lost my mind. I love animals...always have. I have 3 big dogs...all rescues..and 2 worthless cats, but whatever. Generally animals are better then people.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 02:45:42 PM »
Just sooooo u people don't think I've lost my mind. I love animals...always have. I have 3 big dogs...all rescues..and 2 worthless cats, but whatever. Generally animals are better then people.

I don't think you've lost your mind. I think you're finally starting to use it.  :)
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 02:25:46 PM »
...my dogs are all republicans.... ;D
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »

Good goddam dog right there...my mutts are apparently all Libs.

Make up your mind will ya? ...or is it that your dogs are big flip floppers like Kerry & Romney? :D
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 02:20:45 AM »

They bark with a Southern accent and hump each other?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 08:01:29 AM »
See Blackfish on Netflix and let us know if you still feel the same way, JM.

BTW, an even harder to watch documentary on Netflix (the whole thing is on youtube, too) about the gruesome way humans treat animals is called Earthlings.

I only made it through maybe 15 minutes of that shit -- I just couldn't stomach watching the dog being crushed in the garbage truck (made me want to kill the humans doing it) and had to turn it off.

Oh im def aware of the horrible treatments domesticated animals recieve at the hands of man. The things people do to cows, their calves, pigs, chickens, etc...is disgusting. I am pretty much vegetarian at this point. Ive always been an animal person.

That said, you guys know they cant just release these orcas back into the wild right? They would die. They are captive bred and know nothing of living in the wild. And they are MAJOR investments...the idea that they would treat these orcas like an assembly line cow or a spent hen is just silly. And this is coming from someone who is definitely a nature loving person..