Author Topic: Rogaine, propecia and steroids  (Read 4662 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Rogaine, propecia and steroids
« on: March 20, 2014, 01:20:09 PM »
For someone that has been using Finasteride and Rogaine successfully for few years and then starts juicing.... will the hair start falling again or the DHT blockers from both Propecia and Rogaine will prevent it ?

WoooSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: Rogaine, propecia and steroids
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 01:24:34 PM »
you've used propecia and rogaine together at the same time? or one for awhile and then the other for awhile?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 01:25:43 PM »
Just get a wig.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 01:41:46 PM »
you've used propecia and rogaine together at the same time? or one for awhile and then the other for awhile?

Doctors recommended to use both at same time ...

Also a  friend had a hair transplant long ago, he says he's been using both at same time nonstop for years to avoid further hair loss ..he claims that if you go on the juice you wont have to worry about hair loss if you've been on both propecia and Rogaine for over a year.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »
Believe rogaine and propecia build up estrogen.
Not worth it IMO.
Just be a man and accept hair loss like Joe Rogan, Dana "it's good to be" White, and countless others.

"If your follicles die they die."

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 02:03:52 PM »
Yes but taking Arimidex will solve all your estrogen problems from the propecia.

Problem is will also fucking destroy sex drive at high dose.

Then I believe that would nullify the propecia so you're back at square one.
Maybe someone that knows a little more about it can chime in though.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »
EVERY BODY WHO DOESNT KNOW THIS SUBJECT SHUT THE HELL UP

SHUT UP YOUR NOCEBO HYPOCHONDRIC WINY PIE HOLES

NOW

ok

i get my notes now

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »
The theory is that testosterone is the only steroid that can be managed with finasteride. Now I always wondered, how much can you take before it is not possible to handle anymore. So I asked my hair loss steroid guru and he said this.

Finasteride has the same effectiveness regardless of testosterone dose or even for that reason androgen increase in general. The only reason that
many take 2.5mgs instead of the recommended 1mgs for hairloss is because  you want to inhibit that 57-60% of total DHT which essentially equals to  
100% inhibition of the 5AR2 enzyme inhibition which is the active DHT that causes attributes to hair loss. Therefore if with 0.5 mgs you inhibit 50% of DHT by 5AR2 inhibition and by injecting 1 gram of test would have still had that 5-10% 5AR2 DHT and therefore as an overall total mgs due to higher testosterone reduced in essence you still run the danger of excess 5AR2 DHT. Now above 5mgs a day of finasteride which is the dose used for prostate anyway, is a waste.

2.5mgs per day sufficient in any case regardell of how much testosterone you wish to take. The hair will only be dependent from the direct stimulation of testosterone on the androgen receptor since the same receptor is used by DHT in the first place. Finasteride only works after being on it at least 0.5mgs ED for a year straight and it is for life. No off periods can be taken. if you are stabilised at 2.5mgs ED you can inject as much testosterone as you like. In fact many times I am on 1400mgs proviron alone. AAS are irrelevant once finasteride halts hair loss. AAS do not cause alopecia only attribute to it by being reduced to DHT or by direct stimulation of the androgen receptor but that to a very lesser degree. In other words you might decide to take 3 grams of test for 16 weeks it will make no difference to hair loss but your hair will appear to be thinner from direct androgen receptor stimulation.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 05:06:03 PM »
The theory is that testosterone is the only steroid that can be managed with finasteride. Now I always wondered, how much can you take before it is not possible to handle anymore. So I asked my hair loss steroid guru and he said this.

Finasteride has the same effectiveness regardless of testosterone dose or even for that reason androgen increase in general. The only reason that
many take 2.5mgs instead of the recommended 1mgs for hairloss is because  you want to inhibit that 57-60% of total DHT which essentially equals to  
100% inhibition of the 5AR2 enzyme inhibition which is the active DHT that causes attributes to hair loss. Therefore if with 0.5 mgs you inhibit 50% of DHT by 5AR2 inhibition and by injecting 1 gram of test would have still had that 5-10% 5AR2 DHT and therefore as an overall total mgs due to higher testosterone reduced in essence you still run the danger of excess 5AR2 DHT. Now above 5mgs a day of finasteride which is the dose used for prostate anyway, is a waste.

2.5mgs per day sufficient in any case regardell of how much testosterone you wish to take. The hair will only be dependent from the direct stimulation of testosterone on the androgen receptor since the same receptor is used by DHT in the first place. Finasteride only works after being on it at least 0.5mgs ED for a year straight and it is for life. No off periods can be taken. if you are stabilised at 2.5mgs ED you can inject as much testosterone as you like. In fact many times I am on 1400mgs proviron alone. AAS are irrelevant once finasteride halts hair loss. AAS do not cause alopecia only attribute to it by being reduced to DHT or by direct stimulation of the androgen receptor but that to a very lesser degree. In other words you might decide to take 3 grams of test for 16 weeks it will make no difference to hair loss but your hair will appear to be thinner from direct androgen receptor stimulation.

Gracias

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 05:10:43 PM »
you're welcome ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 05:23:27 AM »
I contacted the author of the above text and requested more information regarding the "direct androgen receptor stimulation" and role of testosterone VS DHT

Losing your hair involves the shrinkage of hair follicles. There?s less of a growth cycle as the follicles shrink. New hairs become finer and finer until there?s no hair left at all and the follicles become dormant. This hair loss is caused by hormones and the certain genes.

DHT is primarily used by the body in the prostate, the skin, and in hair follicles. Your hormone levels may affect your exact MPB symptoms. Men with high levels of testosterone are more likely to have vertex baldness. The same study suggested that men with higher levels of the binding protein SHBG may have thinner hair on their chests.

The actions of DHT and the sensitivity of hair follicles to DHT is what causes hair loss.

Testosterone as all other androgens act through the same receptor but only affect the hair follicles, not shrink them permanently, thus they affect hair just like all other hormones but the quality of the hair and the hair cycle. Testosterone is metabolized by the liver into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). It is the DHT that is most effective at causing balding and by competitive inhibition of finasteride at the target organ, the impact of DHT is reduced when a person is on finasteride.

If you haven't lost your hair at 1 gram of test with finasteride you will more likely not loose them at 2 grams with sufficient finasteride of 5 mg.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 06:09:51 AM »
Does it depend on the dosages of test? Or it doesn't really matter? Like let's say u are injecting 400 mg?

I'm guessing if ur going to lose hair it wouldn't matter what u would use. Of course higher dosages will speed it up?

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 06:11:46 AM »
Great posts Halo.  To put it simply,  fin works only with test because it prevents the test from converting to
DHT.   Fin will do nothing when used with DHT derived anabolics because there is no conversion process

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 06:30:55 AM »
Great posts Halo.  To put it simply,  fin works only with test because it prevents the test from converting to
DHT.   Fin will do nothing when used with DHT derived anabolics because there is no conversion process
Right.

I'm still scared so reduced test to 250 for sometime finasteride at 2,5

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 08:47:05 AM »
Revivogen has good reviews, although its expensive.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 08:53:08 AM »
hahahahahaha  @ this whole thread.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 10:54:21 AM »
So I got a buzz cut maybe 6 years back and thought my hair looked thinner.   Went on minoxidil and finasteride 1.25mgs right away.  I grew back hair and for four years maintained.  When my wife got pregnant I stopped taking the finasteride because I read it could cause birth defects if she was exposed to it and didn't want the crushed up pill remenants around her.  Subsequently strength And muscle increased.  So did sex drive.  Hair might have thinned moderately but not much becsuse I kept up with minoxidil.

I'm lifetime natural but if I used gear I would add dutasteride to the stack.  It is like finasteride except it blocks 100% of testosterone conversion to dht.  Finasteride blocks one mechanism of conversion, dutasteride blocks both mechanisms.  I would think this is important if you are going to have supernormal serum testosterone levels.  It is however not available as a generic yet so if it is not covered by your insurance it may be expensive.  Generics are available from those online pharmacies but I don't know if they are reliable so caveat emptor.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 10:56:39 AM »
So I got a buzz cut maybe 6 years back and thought my hair looked thinner.   Went on minoxidil and finasteride 1.25mgs right away.  I grew back hair and for four years maintained.  When my wife got pregnant I stopped taking the finasteride because I read it could cause birth defects if she was exposed to it and didn't want the crushed up pill remenants around her.  Subsequently strength And muscle increased.  So did sex drive.  Hair might have thinned moderately but not much becsuse I kept up with minoxidil.

I'm lifetime natural but if I used gear I would add dutasteride to the stack.  It is like finasteride except it blocks 100% of testosterone conversion to dht.  Finasteride blocks one mechanism of conversion, dutasteride blocks both mechanisms.  I would think this is important if you are going to have supernormal serum testosterone levels.  It is however not available as a generic yet so if it is not covered by your insurance it may be expensive.  Generics are available from those online pharmacies but I don't know if they are reliable so caveat emptor.
explain......

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 11:02:50 AM »
explain......

Actually I was wrong...dutasteride inhibit s 2 of 3 mechanisms while finasteride inhibits 1 of 3.  Here is the Wikipedia explanation:

Dutasteride belongs to a class of drugs called 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors, which block the action of the 5-alpha-reductase enzymes that convert testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT).

Dutasteride versus finasteride
Finasteride is also approved for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH. The medications belong to the same class of drugs. Dutasteride inhibits two of the three isoforms of 5-alpha reductase, I and II, whereas finasteride only inhibits type II, and has a much shorter half-life.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 11:05:16 AM »
Actually I was wrong...dutasteride inhibit s 2 of 3 mechanisms while finasteride inhibits 1 of 3.  Here is the Wikipedia explanation:

Dutasteride belongs to a class of drugs called 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors, which block the action of the 5-alpha-reductase enzymes that convert testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT).

Dutasteride versus finasteride
Finasteride is also approved for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH. The medications belong to the same class of drugs. Dutasteride inhibits two of the three isoforms of 5-alpha reductase, I and II, whereas finasteride only inhibits type II, and has a much shorter half-life.
but it's the ar2 enzyme that causes hairloss

???

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 11:18:18 AM »
Halo do some research and come back to me....google is your friend.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 11:22:41 AM »
hahahahahaha  @ this whole thread.

Man laughing at men who are loosing their hair is like a woman laughing at women who have lost their breast due to cancer; Hard to imagine anything lower.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 01:00:36 PM »

So stupid to use this shit just to keep some hair.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »
EVERY BODY WHO DOESNT KNOW THIS SUBJECT SHUT THE HELL UP
SHUT UP YOUR NOCEBO HYPOCHONDRIC WINY PIE HOLES
NOW
ok
i get my notes now

Or WHAT  ;D,

Cheap Polish vodka is yours escape from reality  ;D

anabolichalo