Author Topic: Subway  (Read 5608 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Subway
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:18:26 AM »
do you guys ever eat here? if you do what do you get and do you count it was one of your meals....i was just at calorieking.com and some of their sandwhiches have 26 grams of protein and 4 grams of fat.....and thats only a 6". 
bodybuildersreality.com

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Subway
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 11:27:23 AM »
do you guys ever eat here? if you do what do you get and do you count it was one of your meals....i was just at calorieking.com and some of their sandwhiches have 26 grams of protein and 4 grams of fat.....and thats only a 6". 

I eat Subway 1-2 times a week.  I usually order  6" cheese steak or melt, and double the meat (don't care for the extra carbs).  It's around 40 grams of protein and 20 grams of fat (w/o the condiments).

Then there are folks who order strictly veggie and then pile on southwest and mayo.  Hey, it's a veggie sub so its gotta be healthy, Riiiight  ::)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 11:39:17 AM »
well i think im gonna hit up the chicken tarahyki sub.
bodybuildersreality.com

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 01:26:43 PM »
Since i go there (if at all) for dinner, i usually get a salad, or one of their low-fat subs with extra meat.
:-)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »

Yup, roasted chicken(double meat) in a rap, spinach, green peppers, jalapeņo peppers, onions and a little fat free honey mustard...high protein, high fiber, moderate carb, low fat.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 01:46:26 PM »
6 inch wheat, roast beef, turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce and ranch...........and toast it biotch.

;D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 01:48:49 PM »
Yea the low fat subs are great, just don't get the southwest sauce or mayonnaise. 

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 01:52:40 PM »
Yea the low fat subs are great, just don't get the southwest sauce or mayonnaise. 

it's good to see you're not a nutrition psycho anymore, Bast.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 03:12:06 PM »
funny thing hapened when me and my workout partner went out to eat.. we come there and order a double meat 12" sub with just about everything on it.. Than there is this pretty huge guy that walks in (a construction worker) must of been 6'6" and about 280 (not a bodybuilder type physique as he has a pretty big belly) and he orders a normal sandwich. He looks at us and asks us how we can eat that much hehe he looked like he could eat the whole place out of buisiness!  ;D
just push some weight!

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »
i bet you always order the double meat, alexxx

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 06:37:31 PM »
it's good to see you're not a nutrition psycho anymore, Bast.

When I gain weight I don't eat on a strict diet.  I just eat a lot, mostly good food with some junk.

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 07:30:27 PM »
Jr. are u my long lost brother, or what?

I eat Subway all the time.

I get a foot long with chicken fillet AND the BMT on it. I also get cheese and sweet chilli sauce, that's it. No salads here boys! It's got like some rediculous amount of proetien in it but also has a shite load worth of fat. Oh well, u gotta eat big to get big.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 07:34:58 PM »
I think the claim of 4 g's of fat only applies to the chicken or turkey without cheese/mayo/oil/vinager

that's a pretty mundane sandwich !

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »
i always get my subs with no cheese and very little sauce if its a thick sauce and usually its double meat.
bodybuildersreality.com

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 11:05:29 PM »
i usually get a footlong chicken breast w/veggies and ranch

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 12:34:48 PM »
I usually take the footlong wheat with roasted chicken breast. I throw away or I give to someone else half of the bread.  I add spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, and some salt and pepper. In this way I have not only double meat but double amount of vegetables as well.   

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 02:16:19 PM »
I usually take the footlong wheat with roasted chicken breast. I throw away or I give to someone else half of the bread.  I add spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, and some salt and pepper. In this way I have not only double meat but double amount of vegetables as well.   
you just take the top of the sandwhich off?
bodybuildersreality.com

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 03:11:37 PM »
I think the claim of 4 g's of fat only applies to the chicken or turkey without cheese/mayo/oil/vinager

that's a pretty mundane sandwich !

you can add the vinager, thats not a problem.  obviously mustard is good, and they have honey and spicy deli mustard.  also they got light mayo, whatever thats worth. 

in all subway is cool.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »
you just take the top of the sandwhich off?
Right! People having lunch with me usually enjoy that bread. Of course it's akward to do that if you are on the go.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 05:13:39 PM »
you can add the vinager, thats not a problem.  obviously mustard is good, and they have honey and spicy deli mustard.  also they got light mayo, whatever thats worth. 

in all subway is cool.

honey mustard is NOT good.  mustard, for this reason is a slippery slope.  Put regular deli mustard and yellow is a great condoment.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »
Right! People having lunch with me usually enjoy that bread. Of course it's akward to do that if you are on the go.
you never just try the wraps?
bodybuildersreality.com

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 06:01:43 PM »
honey mustard is NOT good.  mustard, for this reason is a slippery slope.  Put regular deli mustard and yellow is a great condoment.

actually i use honey mustard as well as deli mustard since both are almost equivelent. 
frenchies honey mustard has 5 calories per serving(1 tsp) and 1 gram of sugar per serving. 
its not like your caking on the mustard anyways since its can over power anything you eat anyways.  and yes, i forgot, regular yellow mustard is good too. 

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »
I cake on the mustard.  I'm a big condiment fan.  Or i dip my chicken breasts in condiments, it adds up to at LEAST 2 tbsp.  French's is different from the stuff they serve in subway too, it's definitely much healthier.

BigIronMike25

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 09:35:02 AM »
i eat there all the damn time...it gets expensive as hell but its good and helluva lot better than goin the normal fastfood route.....i usually get a ft long turkey...or club...the teriyaki is good as well!

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006, 10:45:37 AM »
I cake on the mustard.  I'm a big condiment fan.  Or i dip my chicken breasts in condiments, it adds up to at LEAST 2 tbsp.  French's is different from the stuff they serve in subway too, it's definitely much healthier.

I nutrition info on the honey mustard at subway is  30 calories per serving, 6 grams of sugar.  they call a serving 21 grams ~ 1.5 tbsp.  thats what i just looked up on the subways website.    its not bad, but i hear you on the fact that it adds up real fast.