Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Robert "Bob" Fitzsimmons  (Read 1001 times)

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Robert "Bob" Fitzsimmons
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:52:29 PM »
One was a heavyweight world champion who made boxing history as the sport's first three-division world champion. He also achieved fame for beating Gentleman Jim Corbett, the man who beat John L. Sullivan and is in The Guinness Book of World Records as the lightest Heavyweight Champion. Fitzsimmons is ranked as #8 on Ring Magazine's list of 100 greatest punchers of all time.

The other, is a five division world champion, Welterweight, and current number 1 pound per pound fighter in the world.

The Hebrew Hammer vs. The Freckled Wonder, I ask the experts: "Quien es mas macho?"

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Robert "Bob" Fitzsimmons
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 08:20:20 PM »
One was a heavyweight world champion who made boxing history as the sport's first three-division world champion. He also achieved fame for beating Gentleman Jim Corbett, the man who beat John L. Sullivan and is in The Guinness Book of World Records as the lightest Heavyweight Champion. Fitzsimmons is ranked as #8 on Ring Magazine's list of 100 greatest punchers of all time.

The other, is a five division world champion, Welterweight, and current number 1 pound per pound fighter in the world.

The Hebrew Hammer vs. The Freckled Wonder, I ask the experts: "Quien es mas macho?"

It would actually be a mismatch.  Given that Fitzsimmons never trained for fights as well as he was just a street brawler...he would have been no match for any professionally trainer fighter like Mayweather.
A

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »

It would actually be a mismatch.  Given that Fitzsimmons never trained for fights as well as he was just a street brawler...he would have been no match for any professionally trainer fighter like Mayweather.

He beat some of the best professionals despite not training: Sullivan, Corbett.
Bob was a world champ, and quite a bit bigger than Pretty Boy Floyd. I wouldn't necessarily take FM in a Bareknuckle match over Bob.

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 09:56:04 PM »
Mayweather is a Boxer by Fitzsimmons was a brawler with little to no science behind his boxing. He would be clowned.

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 10:26:38 PM »
Mayweather is a Boxer by Fitzsimmons was a brawler with little to no science behind his boxing. He would be clowned.

Mayweather would be clowned in a Bareknuckle match where his little pitty patter punches that are good for scoring points will have no effect on the iron jaw of a Bareknuckle fighter. Bob would smother him and rabbit punch Floyd, then knock him so high he'd die of oxygen starvation.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 08:45:48 AM »
Mayweather would be clowned in a Bareknuckle match where his little pitty patter punches that are good for scoring points will have no effect on the iron jaw of a Bareknuckle fighter. Bob would smother him and rabbit punch Floyd, then knock him so high he'd die of oxygen starvation.

Chuckle....Floyd can hit pretty hard....just ask the 26 people he's knocked out cold. 
A

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 09:09:49 AM »

Chuckle....Floyd can hit pretty hard....just ask the 26 people he's knocked out cold.  

Check his KO percent among welterweights.  There's a reason he stays the fuck away from guys like Lara, Bradley, Paul Williams, etc.  He can't put Bradley or Lara on the canvas, so he'll be splitting hairs on rounds with them.  One of those guys pulls off the upset and there goes his Money Team.  the "0" is the only thing that keeps him marketable.  And yes, his reflexes are going.  He did a good job of blaming Roger for the punishment he took against Cotto, who moves a bit better than the standard Mexican slugger.  as far as khan, he's fast but a stiff technical euro fighter, which is why he keeps getting caught with big punches. Dangerous because of the speed but stiff enough for FMW to figure out/time  after 4 rounds or so. It's nice how FMW is leaving Ishe Smith off the under card for this fight and having him fight the day before on Fox in front of no one. The last thing he needs is for his PPV audience to Lara destroy him, because every media vendor will call for Lara vs FMW, given FMW does have Canelo's belt. 75" reach is a bitch because he don't have to step in the pocket like Mexicans and get that left off.  Bradley isn't a master boxer, but fMW will have to increase his work rate vs picking spots to win rounds.  

He was a great fighter before 147, so don't get me wrong, but I'll be glad when he gets to 50-0.