Author Topic: Cooking today's meals  (Read 9667 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Cooking today's meals
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »
:

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »
gypsy doesnt want anybody to tell him something, he is gods gift to the world ::)

Love it how analshit tryies to sting sev repedetly unsuccessful and sev just ignors this moron lol what a sucking looser

Sev brings valuable threads and info.

You analshit better shut the fuck up and go take care of your baby - fucking idiot.
!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »
Yes, exposure to too much heat, light or air does rob them of some of their nutrients.  Soaking vegetables can rob them of their nutrients since many of the minerals and vitamins found in vegetables dissolve in water. Additionally, the agitation caused by the boiling water can cause the vegetables to break up and the nutrients to evaporate.  If you're going to boil,  let the water boil first and then add the vegetables to cut down on soaking time. Steamed vegetables tend to retain more vitamin C than boiled vegetables.
"let the water boil first"? do you realize I have been cooking as a hobby since I was 19? Like "normal" food... I cook better than you hands down. Great tip Einstein lol .. .. you don't make them mush.. they stay very few minutes in the boiling water and still remain crisp .. then I filter the water through ancient silk I stole from a bhuddist temple in China to gather the very precious molecules of nutrients lost in the water because the brocolli cracked while rocking back and forth and some vitamins might seep through.

I am joking .. thanks for the tips.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »
I love risotto. Hard to get it perfect but worth it when you do.
O

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
Navy mike should drop the potatoes and get absolutely shredded

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
Thank you to all the master chefs posting here. It is enlightening.

Personally, I love very simple, functional, naturally tasting food. I could not give a flying fuck about "taste".

I set out what nutrients need to go in my body, I prepare them as simple as possible then eat them. And repeat...

It's strange that you should say that. I trained with 2 Romanian guys years ago that said the exact same thing. They don't care about the taste of food, just the goodness it does to them. I think his exact words were 'I feed my body, not my instincts or taste buds'. I suppose that's a different way to look at it. I myself like plain food but with a bit of taste. I've been cooking the same old way for years and prefer it this way. Mix everything into a pan, drop a sauce of taste onto it, bit of salt and pepper and neck it down like that.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »
Exactly 100g of carbs daily.

interesting "theory" bro but,

Yes, plus an avocado and 20g of olive oil.

100g carbs, 1kg of filet mignon, 500g brocoli and an avocado plus the olive oil

https://www.google.com/search?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=carbs%20in%20500%20kg%20broccoli&=&=&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1#q=carbs+in+500+g+broccoli
https://www.google.com/search?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=carbs%20in%201%20avocado&=&=&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1#q=avocado+nutrition

35g carbs in 500g broccoli, 12 in 1 avocado

= 47g carbs

"fitness industry measurements" strike again

::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »
oh sorry, missed the 100g of brown rice:

https://www.google.com/search?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=calories%20in%20100g%20brown%20rice&=&=&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1#q=carbs+in+100g+brown+rice

23g carbs, so now we're up to 70g... where are the other 30g coming from?

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »
Princess L...the food...it's beautiful

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »
We coat them in olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 425F for 20 minutes.
olive oil causes more harm than good at that temp....remember, olive oil has a very low smoke temp..

bench

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »
It's strange that you should say that. I trained with 2 Romanian guys years ago that said the exact same thing. They don't care about the taste of food, just the goodness it does to them. I think his exact words were 'I feed my body, not my instincts or taste buds'. I suppose that's a different way to look at it. I myself like plain food but with a bit of taste. I've been cooking the same old way for years and prefer it this way. Mix everything into a pan, drop a sauce of taste onto it, bit of salt and pepper and neck it down like that.
x2, 3ver since ive discovered souse vide ive been very Into just the taste 9f the meat with different OTC seasoning mixes, and brown rice and veggies with seasoning... its amazing once you learn to cook chicken and steak correctly, how different and flavorful they become... especially after dropping all the shitty, overly processed crap that ruins taste buds

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
Sev is motivating me with these threads to prepare the same type of healthy meals. I swear I only have 5kg to lose before all the abs are out (and I me posting a pic  :D) but the last bit is stubborn as fuck. From tomorrow, AFTER my workout, I'm running 3k on the beach as my cardio. I'm doing it every single fucking day until I'm where I need to be. Absolutely ZERO excuses. If I can't do that I might as well be beaten to death for being such a lazy fucking pig.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2014, 04:34:26 AM »
olive oil causes more harm than good at that temp....remember, olive oil has a very low smoke temp..

bench
finally someone that agrees with me that frying everything in oil is stupid

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2014, 04:38:25 AM »
finally someone that agrees with me that frying everything in oil is stupid

absolutely, nutritionally speaking.

I have a good friend who uses coconut oil on everything because its "healthy" oh brother, as calorically dense as fucking peanut butter. Id rather eat my chicken plain and then have a bowl of ice cream. It would be the exact same thing.

Simple Simon

« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2014, 05:02:58 AM »
not "exactly" but I get your point.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2014, 05:06:37 AM »

I have a good friend who uses coconut oil on everything because its "healthy" oh brother, as calorically dense as fucking peanut butter. Id rather eat my chicken plain and then have a bowl of ice cream. It would be the exact kind of close to the same thing.

fixed for accuracy.

:D

Simple Simon

« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2014, 05:07:37 AM »
cant troll you it seems  ;D

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2014, 05:11:58 AM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2014, 05:13:21 AM »
I bet Sevs pans dont have that on them.   ;D

Ceramic pots of peace.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2014, 05:20:57 AM »
Sev > Teflon

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2014, 05:23:15 AM »
Sev > Teflon

Rachel Ray gimmick cookware set > Sev

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2014, 06:26:15 AM »
You would think with such a wealth of knowledge on the soluablility and bioavailability of vitamins, that Princess L would look something other than shit

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2014, 08:41:13 AM »

I have a good friend who uses coconut oil on everything because its "healthy" oh brother, as calorically dense as fucking peanut butter. Id rather eat my chicken plain and then have a bowl of ice cream. It would be the exact same thing.
Coconut oil is a weird bird bro...I've noticed a lot of really good benifits from using it..so lately I've been using it to cook almost every meal...I have noticed many people use way too much in the pan though

Like they are braising or some shit

Bench