Author Topic: Best of friends / worst of family member  (Read 557 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Best of friends / worst of family member
« on: March 22, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »
I work with a cousin of mine that is the best friend a guy can possibly have.

Yet he hasn't seen his mother, who was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and took care of his kid for about 5 years, and is in need of money to pay the bills, since she last saw him.

A friend of mine works directly under him and, apparently, he was dropping $ 100s at a bar last night, treating his "crew" to Patrón shots.

Have you guys experienced anything similar?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Best of friends / worst of family member
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 08:32:31 AM »
Steve Arce???

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 08:32:37 AM »
I work with a cousin of mine that is the best friend a guy can possibly have.

Yet he hasn't seen his mother, who was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and took care of his kid for about 5 years, and is in need of money to pay the bills, since she last saw him.

A friend of mine works directly under him and, apparently, he was dropping $ 100s at a bar last night, treating his "crew" to Patrón shots.

Have you guys experienced anything similar?

It is really hard to form the full picture without getting a little insight into the relationship between him and his mother.

Not all mother/son bonds are the best. I am not excusing his actions but I would like to understand what happened between him and her before passing judgement.  Life is not as simple as good vs evil.
I

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 08:39:38 AM »

It is really hard to form the full picture without getting a little insight into the relationship between him and his mother.

Not all mother/son bonds are the best. I am not excusing his actions but I would like to understand what happened between him and her before passing judgement.  Life is not as simple as good vs evil.

He was a mummy-boy until he decided to move out (at the age of 33!) and then he did a 180º turn on his family, including me.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 12:21:27 PM »
33.  Avoid this person.