Author Topic: Parker/car guys  (Read 3211 times)

kh300

• Getbig V
Parker/car guys
« on: March 23, 2014, 03:47:28 PM »
I never ask for help or opinions but I'm lost. 250k on my Jeep and its time for a new one. The only car I like is the wrangler unlimited at 19mpg's.
I'm sick of spending 5-600$ a month on gas.

Test drove the new cherokee and thought it was gay, but it get's 30mpg

Test drove a Subaru Crosstrek that gets 33 mpg but also gay. The guy asked me what I thought of it and I said I feel like a homo driving it. He laughed and said its not about the car but the person driving it. I said 'I know I got issues'

Anyone know of something that gets good gas mileage but can tow a 1,000 pound trailer and can fit a 14' kayak on top, that I can do some light off roading/ snow driving in?

So far its between the crosstrek and the jeep trailhawk.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Parker/car guys
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »
Any aggressive-looking 4x4 is going to have not-so-great mileage. 

The 2015 Colorado/Canyon is supposed to have a significant weight savings but I'm still guessing the #'s won't be much different than your Wrangler.

Only options are to suck it up or get a soccer mom crossover I'm afraid.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:08:01 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of. Look like the colorado isnt coming out till next year. Hopefully someone will tell me the crosstrek is manly :-\

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 04:23:19 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of. Look like the colorado isnt coming out till next year. Hopefully someone will tell me the crosstrek is manly :-\

haha, realistically though with a Crosstrek you will probably only save $100 a month versus something like a Tacoma - and that's assuming you drive a lot of miles which I'm guessing from you saying that you currently spend $500-$600 a month. 

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 05:16:52 PM »
Ya I was just looking at a gas calculator and its about a $1000 savings a year from a 20mpg car to a 30mpg car if you drive 15,000 a year.

I only drive about 100 miles a week for my normal commuting. But I fish in tournaments around the country and do a lot of trips. Sucks right now just to go to the mountains costs me $100.

I know its only $100 a month maybe, but I hate spending money on consumables like gas.

But is the sexiest thing on wheels I can buy

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 05:26:57 PM »
Ya I was just looking at a gas calculator and its about a $1000 savings a year from a 20mpg car to a 30mpg car if you drive 15,000 a year.

I only drive about 100 miles a week for my normal commuting. But I fish in tournaments around the country and do a lot of trips. Sucks right now just to go to the mountains costs me $100.

I know its only $100 a month maybe, but I hate spending money on consumables like gas.

But is the sexiest thing on wheels I can buy

True, $100/month isn't a small amount either.

Not sure I totally agree on the "But is the sexiest thing on wheels I can buy" though, since I drive an H3  ;D  I do like the Wrangler though, good chance I will get one when its time to replace my H3 since it's currently the closest vehicle to it that's still produced nowdays.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 08:24:52 AM »
Just came across the equinox. fwd 4cyl gets 32 mpg. Decent sized suv.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:07:45 AM »
Nissan rogue, 26/33 mpg, 1000lb towing. I can hook you up with a nice custom trailer for the yak.  ;D

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 10:55:53 AM »
Nissan rogue, 26/33 mpg, 1000lb towing. I can hook you up with a nice custom trailer for the yak.  ;D

Can't get a rogue. Some queer at my gym drives one.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »
No, it's the car. Subarus are the epitome of wholewheat-sandles neckbeard... here in the bay there are so many of them being driven by tofu eaters, middle aged lesbians and legally blind Asians.

if the FX37 or whatever stupid name they're calling it these days wasn't so damn UGLY I'd say get that, it drives well and the v6 shits all over the Rogue. Infiniti's new cars look ok but their SUVs are fucking hideous.

x5 would get my vote the new one is a beauty. Or x3 3.5 m package if you want something a little smaller.

Personally I'd take a v6 wagon, like cadillacs CTS sport wagon in a heartbeat over any CUV/SUV

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 11:06:48 AM »
Can't get a rogue. Some queer at my gym drives one.

Well there ya go, go all getbig on him and take it.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 11:17:40 AM »
No, it's the car. Subarus are the epitome of wholewheat-sandles neckbeard... here in the bay there are so many of them being driven by tofu eaters, middle aged lesbians and legally blind Asians.

if the FX37 or whatever stupid name they're calling it these days wasn't so damn UGLY I'd say get that, it drives well and the v6 shits all over the Rogue. Infiniti's new cars look ok but their SUVs are fucking hideous.

x5 would get my vote the new one is a beauty. Or x3 3.5 m package if you want something a little smaller.

Personally I'd take a v6 wagon, like cadillacs CTS sport wagon in a heartbeat over any CUV/SUV

LOL that's what I was thinking driving the Sub, I'm gonna have to get some hemp jewelry and wear sandals all the time. But they are popular here in NY for the awd.

I had a cts-v years ago POS. it burned oil like crazy and caught fire at 15k miles. 40k cars are above my limit.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 11:30:28 AM »
Just came across the equinox. fwd 4cyl gets 32 mpg. Decent sized suv.

I could be wrong but I thought that pic looks more like the Chevy Traxx.

yeah Equinox would be a decent choice - not as masculine still but I wouldn't feel in an Equinox like I was driving a feminine vehicle either

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 06:32:45 AM »
If you buy a Subaru you have to leave your man card at the dealership when you leave.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 12:38:15 PM »
I'm officially an owner of a 2014 wrangler sport. Bad gas mileage but the insurance was cheaper. Owell I'm single and can do whatever I want. I'll worry about mpg's in the future.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 02:00:57 PM »
I'm officially an owner of a 2014 wrangler sport. Bad gas mileage but the insurance was cheaper. Owell I'm single and can do whatever I want. I'll worry about mpg's in the future.

That's awesome, brother!
I'm eyeing up Wranglers right now, but probably won't be ready (willing) to buy for another year or so since there's nothing wrong with my truck, which is paid for.

Keep us posted how you like it. Did you get a four-door? Automatic?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »
2 door manual. Wanted the 4 but this was like 8 grand cheaper.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »
2 door manual. Wanted the 4 but this was like 8 grand cheaper.

Are you planning any mods?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »
Nope, hopefully I'll have it paid off in a year. I have an xj with 250k. The engine is still mint, but its looking pretty rough. It's going to get a complete facelift while the wrangler stays stock. I think the wranglers came perfect anyways.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 02:37:16 PM »
I know that Chrysler had a bad rap for a number of years, but I think they've really distanced themselves from the negative reputation. I know several people who've owned a number of Chrysler products over the last ten years or so and had excellent luck.

I also still know a few people who warn to stay away from them, but they're now the exception rather than the rule.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 12:03:48 PM »
I work at the GM plant that is going to build the Colarado/Canyon, it should be out in the fall. We ran three pilot jobs last night, have probably built around 50 so far.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »
I work at the GM plant that is going to build the Colarado/Canyon, it should be out in the fall. We ran three pilot jobs last night, have probably built arojnd 50 so far.

Is GM re-releasing the Colorado as in the smaller pickup/S-10, or is this something different?

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
It will be a totally redesigned mid-size pickup.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 12:18:28 PM »
It will be a totally redesigned mid-size pickup.

Nice! My Dad loves his Colorado. I currently drive a Silverado.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 12:20:25 PM »
I loved my honda pilot....saved my life in a head on