Author Topic: Glute IM: to aspirate or not?  (Read 2313 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Glute IM: to aspirate or not?
« on: March 23, 2014, 05:32:13 PM »
Want to promote this to its own thread. How the fuck do you aspirate a glute IM with one hand? And do you even need to? I have gotten advices to just jam that 23g, 1.5" harpoon in there and let 'er rip, which I did 2 days ago.

What say ye?

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
Re: Glute IM: to aspirate or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 06:36:22 PM »
Want to promote this to its own thread. How the fuck do you aspirate a glute IM with one hand? And do you even need to? I have gotten advices to just jam that 23g, 1.5" harpoon in there and let 'er rip, which I did 2 days ago.

What say ye?

The way i do it is to push the needle all the way in - it will stay in without you holding it - grip the barrel with your thumb and ring finger and pull back on the plunger with your first and middle finger - let go and inject like normal.  There you go.  Low chance of getting a vessel in the glute but still not a good idea to just inject oil without knowing for sure. 

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »
You can aspirate in the manner described by Dago Joe but it's not really necessary.  Nobody aspirates, not even at the doctor's office.

Honestly, considering the extra movement that aspirating would entail, I think it does more harm than good.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »
You can aspirate in the manner described by Dago Joe but it's not really necessary.  Nobody aspirates, not even at the doctor's office.

Honestly, considering the extra movement that aspirating would entail, I think it does more harm than good.

Yeah but if it is not difficult to do you should just do it as a precaution.  Especially with tren. 

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 06:59:02 PM »
You can aspirate in the manner described by Dago Joe but it's not really necessary.  Nobody aspirates, not even at the doctor's office.

I did a fumbling aspiration on my first pin and my glute hurt for 5 days. Did a no-aspirate on my second pin and my glute is better after 2 days. Coincidence?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 07:14:31 AM »
I don't aspirate, not saying that's better, just saying.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »
The needle is held with one hand (the same hand which pushed it in) the other hand goes over your body from the other side.

If I inject my right glute, my left hand holds the needle in place and right hand aspirates, whilst the left hand still holds the needle in placem, the right hand pushes the oil
S

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:53:25 AM »
The needle is held with one hand (the same hand which pushed it in) the other hand goes over your body from the other side.

If I inject my right glute, my left hand holds the needle in place and right hand aspirates, whilst the left hand still holds the needle in placem, the right hand pushes the oil

You only use the right side?

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »
I didn't one time and got tren cough.  Never again.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »
Never aspirated in my life......no need to IMO.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »
asperiated in the glute the other week and drew back a bunch of blood... it's rare, but it happens.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 12:35:23 AM »
Never aspirated in my life......no need to IMO.

Never have. There are no veins that deep in the muscle.... veins are on the outside...if you hit a vein...you have bigger problems to worries about cause you are clueless.
Mr. AZ 2003

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 03:21:46 AM »
asperiated in the glute the other week and drew back a bunch of blood... it's rare, but it happens.

x2,never happens before this with glutes..so i will always aspirate
T

dustin

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
Impossible to pin IN a vein unless you're ultra fat.

I aspirate every time due to force of habit. I've seen a spritz of blood but only from going through a vein. Pulled the plunger super high and confirmed it want in a vein. I can't not aspirate for some reason, but it's not from fears of pinning in a vein.