Author Topic: Gaining or Losing weight which is easier?  (Read 7187 times)

TEMPER

• Getbig III
Gaining or Losing weight which is easier?
« on: March 24, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »
There is much debate over this topic in actual athletic or bodybuilding circles because it seems like everyone in the US is a fat tub of shit. But that is because of sedentary lifestyle PERIOD. And I will explain why.

Obese morons can't seem to get their shit together enough to stop eating fucking 6,000 calories of fast food every single day and lose 50-100lbs...For christ's sake. My TEMPER flares up just thinking about some fatty claiming "It's genetic" "I have skinny friends that eat 5x more than me" "slow metabolism" All the while their BMR is 1,500 cals watching tv while eating 5,000 SMDH..

Anyone who has been muscular and lean, let's say 200+lbs and semi lean, understands the work that it takes both in the gym and the kitchen. When it comes down to it though what is easier; going from a 150lb weakling to a 220lb beast, or going from 290lb to 200lbs and 6%?

I have been both places; I started training around 180lbs skinny fat...I now sit at 230lbs @ roughly 12%. I have also gone from 230 down to 180 and been very lean thus making gains - I was 180 and chubby, and 2 years later after bulking and cutting I was 180 and 6%. It took me 2 more years to slowly get back up to 230 and I am a lot leaner than the previous time I was 230, and so on.

I take the stance that gaining weight is actually much harder than losing weight..The reason I take this stance is because if you train hard, and carry some muscle, it is MUCH harder to choke down 4,500 calories of (Meat)+(Rice, Potato, Pasta, etc.) every day...And that is what is takes for me to gain weight at 230lbs is 4,000-4,500 calories per day. On the flip side what all the fatties would have you believe is that it is damn near impossible to "diet" meaning ?? 2,500 cals a day low-moderate fat/carbs? This is THE EASIEST THING YOU CAN EVER DO !!! WTF?

Eating 2,500 cals and thus LOSING WEIGHT is by far easier than gaining weight...You eat 500cals when you're hungry and boom you lose weight...Trying to get 4,500 cals of pure foods into your throat involves eating huge bowls of bullshit when you often have no appetite at all because you ate 2 hours ago...Eating becomes some chore that you begin to loath we aint talking pizza and cheesecake here, rice pilaf and meat 8 times per day baby, yum... :-X

Getting lean =

10am - coffee, scoop of whey...
3pm - chicken, pasta
8pm - salmon, rice
12am - beef, pasta

+ small snacks fruit almonds etc...Fresh yummy stuff 100 cal here and there for hunger..

boom 2,000-2,500 calories and feeling like a damn spry little kitten all day, never too full, never sluggish, no insulin issues etc...The easiest thing ever is losing weight. Gaining weight is the hard part. Given that you actually lift and don't sit on the couch all fucking day eating pizza.

Compare that to;

8am - shake: scoop whey, 100g oats, banana.
10am - eggs, potato (uncomfortably full)
12pm - chicken, pasta  >  (not hungry)
2:30pm - beef, rice (uncomfortably full)
5pm - chicken, rice  >  (not hungry)
7:30 - 2 tuna sandwich (uncomfortably full)
10pm - chicken, fries     > (not hungry)
12am - cottage cheese.

EVERY SINGLE DAY to gain 10lbs of water, fat, and muscle in 1 year...IF you're lucky.

Gaining weight is obviously harder and therefor there is absolutely no excuse not to be at least lean. Just stop driving food down your throat emotionally, happy = pizza, sad = burger, mad = cake blah blah fatties...Losing weight is fucking immensely easy.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Gaining or Losing weight which is easier?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:03:24 PM »
If getting lean is so easy, why is almost everyone (except trainers and elite lifters) always either permabulkers or permalardasses in gyms across the country? They seem to have no problem getting big like that Hulk guy CT Fletcher is training. But legitimately ripped people? I know about 2 per gym. Guys like galeniko are thin on the ground. Bulky guys are a dime a dozen.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 07:05:08 PM »
You're question turned into a whole book?

Damn... and I wanted to read it too.

Will wait for cliffs ~

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:10:30 PM »
If getting lean is so easy, why is almost everyone (except trainers and elite lifters) always either permabulkers or permalardasses in gyms across the country? They seem to have no problem getting big like that Hulk guy CT Fletcher is training. But legitimately ripped people? I know about 2 per gym. Guys like galeniko are thin on the ground. Bulky guys are a dime a dozen.

Because they are doing it wrong?

They use the word "bulking" to mean "eat pizza and Wendy's"

They gain 10lbs of fat for every 3lbs of muscle meaning they gain 35lbs that year and less than 10 of it was muscle...Instead of gaining 15lbs and 10 of it was muscle like someone who does it right...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 09:15:42 PM »
Because guys like Keven "Da Hulk" Washington aren't bodybuilders and couldn't care less about being "lean", especially if they don't compete in bodybuilding shows.

Ectomorphs can get "lean" without even trying; while endomorphs look at food the wrong way and blimp up.

Getting bigger was hardly easy for me.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 09:20:47 PM »
Because guys like Keven "Da Hulk" Washington aren't bodybuilders and couldn't care less about being "lean", especially if they don't compete in bodybuilding shows.

Ectomorphs can get "lean" without even trying; while endomorphs look at food the wrong way and blimp up.

Getting bigger was hardly easy for me.
Yeah but ectos who get lean look like ironing boards with tiny abs and stringy arms.

Ripped is only worth it if you're relatively beefy at the end of the process.

For permabulkers, getting to that stage is the nightmare. For hardgainers, putting the muscle on and keeping it while maintain a low BF is the shitty part.

I don't think one is easier than the other. It's nature's way of making sure only a handful of people look decent. Unless they turn to drugs. Pharmaceutical companies' answer to genetic limits or laziness.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 09:24:07 PM »
Yeah but ectos who get lean look like ironing boards with tiny abs and stringy arms.

Ripped is only worth it if you're relatively beefy at the end of the process.

For permabulkers, getting to that stage is the nightmare. For hardgainers, putting the muscle on and keeping it while maintain a low BF is the shitty part.

I don't think one is easier than the other. It's nature's way of making sure only a handful of people look decent. Unless they turn to drugs. Pharmaceutical companies' answer to genetic limits or laziness.

Well, we've seen endomorphic bodybuilders like former Mr. Universe, Dave Draper; and ectomorphs like former Mr. Olympia, Dexter Jackson.

In his younger years, Dex got sliced with no cardio; Draper probably had to cardio his brains out to get cut.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:25:03 PM »
How can gaining not be easier?

???

Unless you're some ectofaggot?

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 09:44:08 PM »
Well, we've seen endomorphic bodybuilders like former Mr. Universe, Dave Draper; and ectomorphs like former Mr. Olympia, Dexter Jackson.

In his younger years, Dex got sliced with no cardio; Draper probably had to cardio his brains out to get cut.
And Phil Heath is said to have been an ecto-meso and he's clearly stacked. There's no doubt that those guys are freaks. Give any gym rat their cycles over the same span of time and you won't see the same results.

But in general, ectos and permabulkers are constantly flirting with each other but never manage to merge together into a ripped and thick package. You're either thick, or ripped. Or on drugs. LOL. Or, ok, one of those guys who's super committed to dieting and training and stays natty. We've all seen one or two.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 09:45:26 PM »

???

Exactly. I think we should distinguish between true hardgainers and guys who simply don't have much muscle and therefore qualify as skinnyfat. With the right amount of diet and patience, they can lift heavy and grow. The first category was just never going to be thick naturally. They need drugs, or just focus on wearing v-necks, tight jeans, pointy shoes, and gelling their hair before they hit the clubs to play the ripped guy angle.  ;)

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 01:27:36 AM »

???

Like I said dummy...It's not 4,000-5,000 calories of Double whoppers and pizza...It's rice, pasta, potatoes, lean protein sources...Low fat high carb dieting that makes quality gains..Anyone can get fat on junk food.

Give some 400lb average joe that eats 6,000 calories of Soda, and cake, and burgers 6,000 calories of basic clean bodybuilding foods, there is no fucking way they would stand a chance choking down all that dry bullshit like a pro bb does...Thats why pro bb'ers are pro's lol because non-pros cannot withstand the torture of eating 6,000 calories of dry bullshit daily...Along with all their other extreme regimens but food is probably the most commitment. You can get away with a lot of things..Weighing 300lbs like Cutler and Coleman means eating is not one of those things.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 02:01:55 AM »
Like I said dummy...It's not 4,000-5,000 calories of Double whoppers and pizza...It's rice, pasta, potatoes, lean protein sources...Low fat high carb dieting that makes quality gains..Anyone can get fat on junk food.

Give some 400lb average joe that eats 6,000 calories of Soda, and cake, and burgers 6,000 calories of basic clean bodybuilding foods, there is no fucking way they would stand a chance choking down all that dry bullshit like a pro bb does...Thats why pro bb'ers are pro's lol because non-pros cannot withstand the torture of eating 6,000 calories of dry bullshit daily...Along with all their other extreme regimens but food is probably the most commitment. You can get away with a lot of things..Weighing 300lbs like Cutler and Coleman means eating is not one of those things.

lol... I can actually see now how it might be hard for a weak minded cocksucker like yourself.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 02:05:56 AM »

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 02:10:01 AM »
What a dumbfuck ts is. He's an infantile retard unable to control his emotions which is why it takes so much energy for his brain to processes shit ... hence his essay long retarded opinion on a retarded topic.

Let me simplify this shit for you shitbrains: you can lose fat faster than you can gain muscle; therefore, losing fat is easier than gaining muscle.

1 sentence.

Too easy, dipshit.
A

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 02:17:16 AM »
for me both are very easy but for most people gaining weight is much difficult than losing weight.. by gaining weight i dont mean gettin fat btw..

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 03:41:01 AM »
Gaining weight is harder. Not many huge muscular guys walking around - most gym-goers of average height tend to plateau out at 220-230lbs. Gaining any more weight on top of that without getting fat (if you're natural/clean) is pretty damn difficult.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 03:45:48 AM »
gaining fat is the easiest

then losing fat

then gaining muscle

putting real muscle on without getting fat is a tricky thing to do

unless your genetics are phenomenal
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 03:48:40 AM »
MUCH easier to lose 100 pounds of fat, then gain 50 pounds of muscle.

You could literally sit around playing video games and masturbating all day, yet eat 600 kcals less than your maintenance and lose weight every day.

However, you will need to change your whole lifestyle, schedule, shopping cart, add drugs into the mix etc etc if you want to even sniff an extra 50 pounds of muscle and it will take a few years. (Muscle).

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 04:41:51 AM »
gaining fat is the easiest

then losing fat

then gaining muscle

putting real muscle on without getting fat is a tricky thing to do

unless youre genetics are phenomenal black.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 04:48:16 AM »
What a dumbfuck ts is. He's an infantile retard unable to control his emotions which is why it takes so much energy for his brain to processes shit ... hence his essay long retarded opinion on a retarded topic.

Let me simplify this shit for you shitbrains: you can lose fat faster than you can gain muscle; therefore, losing fat is easier than gaining muscle.

1 sentence.

Too easy, dipshit.

This. Especially if your trying to gain weight while eating reasonably good food, training hard and work a normal job (i.e. aren't a pro athlete). It takes years of discipline to get big and strong (especially if no drugs are involved); it takes weeks of discipline to lose fat.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 04:53:54 AM »
wrong question

you need to start from even premises

my starting point is a lean 7-8% for "gaining" which means anabolics

leaning out is burning the fat and does not require anabolics, only dieting

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 05:00:26 AM »
wrong question

you need to start from even premises

my starting point is a lean 7-8% for "gaining" which means anabolics

leaning out is burning the fat and does not require anabolics, only dieting

But wouldn't you hold onto a lot more muscle mass if using anabolics while dieting? I'd imagine that even the most genetically gifted individuals while start chewing through muscle tissue once a low enough bodyfat percentage is reached. At very low bodyfat levels, your hormonal system, which is entirely lipid based, begins to malfunction and you end up with low natural test levels and high levels of stress hormones. Hence the concentration camp look usually seen at natural bodybuilding shows.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 05:02:19 AM »
and ectomorphs like former Mr. Olympia, Dexter Jackson.

If you read the textbook definition of an ectomorph, it's not Dexter Jackson.

In fact, no ectomorph has muscle bellies like this:

Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 05:02:55 AM »
Also, gaining or losing is only harder/easier depending on the individual.
Y

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 05:46:05 AM »
Also, gaining or losing is only harder/easier depending on the individual.

Yes, great point, but overall gaining lean muscle tissue is harder than losing fat only, regardless of genetics and lifestyle.