Author Topic: Scott Hall makes WWE Hall of Fame....as Razor Ramon  (Read 14253 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Scott Hall makes WWE Hall of Fame....as Razor Ramon
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 08:02:56 AM »
good stuff guys..i was watching that final product nitro was doing and yeah it was bad,wwe was on fire and had the talent/roster to go forward.too much 'NWO'and factions grew tiring,,the big 3 hollywood'lol'hall/nash was a trifecta and what a storyline to carry I remember it well..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 08:14:32 AM »
Im not on here to win a spelling bee champ and you don't have to give me any low downs on stories or timelines. I know more about the business than you'll ever know and its from fact and I don't need to sit / google / research for hours like a dumb mark to attempt to prove a point. My earlier post still stands and your joke of a rebuttal can't even come close.

You know so much about timelines that you cite 1998 as the year Nitro started burying Raw, when that is the very year Nitro's streak came to an end. All you did was repeat what I basically said from the start, minus your pointless drivel and some dopey comment about the Miz.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 08:46:27 AM »
Does Hall have a pacemaker, now?
i think they mentioned it on 30 30 the espn show they did a segment on scott hall . it's probably on youtube. pretty sad to watch.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 09:35:13 AM »
i think they mentioned it on 30 30 the espn show they did a segment on scott hall . it's probably on youtube. pretty sad to watch.

Okay, then that's probably where I'd heard it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »
You know so much about timelines that you cite 1998 as the year Nitro darted burying Raw, when that is the very year Nitro's streak came to an end. All you did was repeat what I basically said from the start, minus your pointless drivel and some dopey comment about the Miz.
No...you misinterpreted. 1998 was when they peaked. I didnt repeat your garbage andvill out talk you ANY day of the week on the wrestling business. Twice on saturday...three times on sunday.
Settle yourself down. Its only the internet. Theres no money going into your pocket. You dont need to spar with people here.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »
No...you misinterpreted. 1998 was when they peaked. I didnt repeat your garbage andvill out talk you ANY day of the week on the wrestling business. Twice on saturday...three times on sunday.
Settle yourself down. Its only the internet. Theres no money going into your pocket. You dont need to spar with people here.

You're the one, sparring here and popping off about who you can outtalk.

There's no money going in your pocket, either.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 12:56:17 PM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »
Yup.......yup......yup ..."marks".....

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »
WCW went to the ground because of stupid people that knew nothing about wrestling
Running the company.. as playboy mentioned.. too many stupid angles caused people to stop watching
Or attending live events...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »
WCW went to the ground because of stupid people that knew nothing about wrestling
Running the company.. as playboy mentioned.. too many stupid angles caused people to stop watching
Amen

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 06:51:28 PM »

That's what I've been saying from the start. And part of not knowing anything about wrestling involved overpaying certain stars, resulting in their lackluster performances. It also resulted in good workers migrating to the WWF, where they could blow up (i.e. Jericho, Guererro, Benoit).

Hall was strung out on dope, half-heartedly wrestling. Yet he got (as Nash put it) more than "Sting money". And to top it all off, some imbecile gave him a "favored nations" contract, where however much scratch you have to pony up to get a big-time guy from the WWF (i.e. Bret Hart), you have to pay Hall (and later Nash) the same amount of money.

I could see giving Big D that kind of deal; but Razor? PLEASE!!! And, to top it off, that extra $400K, all because of the fake Diesel and Razor thing JR did. Unbelievable!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 06:49:34 AM »
I need a cognac.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »
Bump for Lurker to check out.

Incidentally, for all the talk I've heard about Hall's involvement in the nWo storyline, I don't hear that much about how great his actual matches are.

In fact, the only memorable match(es) about which I hear is the WM10 ladder match with HBK. It's hard to believe that was 20 years ago.

And who can forget his pre-match ritual of handing his chains to the timekeeper with the warning, "Something happen to this gold.....something going to happen to YOU, mane!!" (0:43-0:48)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 08:45:44 PM »
Here's where Razor really arrived, defeating Rick Martel (after the two of them survived a battle royal), to win the vacated Intercontinental Championship (due to Shawn Michaels' suspension).

And in a fitness-related note, I believe the RAW ring girl is fitness champion Themis Klarides.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2014, 09:52:42 AM »
Hall is probably my all time favorite wrestler.  His Razor Ramon run was great.  Sad to see how fucked his body and mind got, but it looks like he is doing better now with DDP helping him.  That ESPN documentary about him was sad to watch because i loved the guy so much as a wrestler.  He did have a pacemaker put in and has a seizure disorder too.  He is on like a million meds and jokes about how he takes all these pills and none give him a buzz anymore.  Did anyone know he killed a guy when he was 25?  Got into a fight outside a strip club and the other dude pulled a gun, Hall took it from him and blasted the dude in the head killing him instantly.  Check out the ESPN thing about him if you havent and then see how much better he is doing now.  I love the guy.  I think he is great on the mic and great in the ring too.  His Last match with Vader at the Fed was sweet too.  His crownng moment was the HBK ladder match. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »
WWE sued WCW when Hall left so that he couldnt use the Razor Ramon character.  Ridiculous lawsuit saying he couldn't do the "hispanic" voice.  WTF?  Scott Hall was truly a great wrestler and talent, he deserves his spot no matter all his substance abuse problems. 
WWE sued WCW not because of Hall using his Razor voice but because he showed up on Nitro during his 90 day no compete clause that was in his WWE contract. He never once spoke in his Razor character voice. That is a complete false. Fans were only chanting "Razor" because thats all they new him as at the time. Prior to WWE Hall had no streamline exposure.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2014, 02:14:57 PM »
WWE sued WCW not because of Hall using his Razor voice but because he showed up on Nitro during his 90 day no compete clause that was in his WWE contract. He never once spoke in his Razor character voice. That is a complete false. Fans were only chanting "Razor" because thats all they new him as at the time. Prior to WWE Hall had no streamline exposure.

Are we watching the same Nitro here? Hall sounded like Razor Ramon from the moment he popped up on the show. Check the link I cited earlier, too see the footage.

Plus, there's the promo where Bischoff asks him and Nash if they work for the WWF, to which they both answered "NO!". Hall (in full Razor-schtick) calls Bischoff "chico" and later tells him, "You tell Billionaire Ted to break out de moaney and get anybody he can, because the BIG mane and the medium-size mane and our surprise buddy are going to CARVE THEM UP!!". Bischoff later gets jacknifed by Nash.

Here's an earlier Nitro clip.

And you're going to claim Hall isn't acting and talking like Razor Ramon here?

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2014, 02:29:24 PM »

Wrong.  The lawsuit absolutely stated "hispanic voice" as one of the objects of contention.  It was the whole character that the Fed claimed to own.  It was in one of the documentaries i dont remember which one but they showed the actual court papers and that was what the fed was suing over.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »
Wrong.  The lawsuit absolutely stated "hispanic voice" as one of the objects of contention.  It was the whole character that the Fed claimed to own.  It was in one of the documentaries i dont remember which one but they showed the actual court papers and that was what the fed was suing over.
Thats just Vince being a suck because two of his top tier guys left him high and dry. Hes speaking in his normal voice there. Watch his Razor WWE promos and then watch the Nitro invation promo.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2014, 06:16:09 PM »
I just put two of them up there. Hall sounds like the Razor Ramon character. Calling people "chico", using the toothpicks, pronouncing the word, "man" as "mane" or "mang", the slow deliberate talk during his promos. In the second video, he tells Bischoff "Maybe he get the Stinger! Oooooo....I so scared!!"

It's as plain as day.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 06:18:20 PM »
I just put two of them up there. Hall sounds like the Razor Ramon character. Calling people "chico", using the toothpicks, pronouncing the word, "man" as "mane" or "mang".

It's as plain as day.

This.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 06:28:10 PM »
This.

If you look closely at the first video I put up in that post, after Nash powerbombs Bischoff, you'll see Hall's feet as he's jumping in place, doing his "Bad Guy" stomp (if you will), Razor Ramon style.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »
If you look closely at the first video I put up in that post, after Nash powerbombs Bischoff, you'll see Hall's feet as he's jumping in place, doing his "Bad Guy" stomp (if you will), Razor Ramon style.

The Cha Cha Cha, mang.  Say hello to the bad guy, chico.  Hall is the greatest.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 06:44:14 PM »
Man, you guys are killing me!

Okay, here it is:

Professional wrestling promoter (Vince McMahon) brought action against rival promoter (Eric Bischoff), alleging copyright infringement, trademark infringement, tortious interference with contract and violations of Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices, in connection with rival's employment of two wrestlers who portrayed copyrighted characters.

THE FACTS AS STATED IN THE COMPLAINT

Titan Sports, Inc., etc., ("Plaintiff") is a Delaware corporation with its principal place of business in Connecticut. Plaintiff promotes live, and on cable, syndicated, and pay-per-view television, professional wrestling under its registered service mark "World Wrestling Federation" ("WWF"). TBS is a Georgia corporation which owns and operates several cable networks, including Turner Network Television ("TNT") and WTBS. WCW is a Georgia corporation and a majority owned subsidiary of TBS.

WCW competes directly with WWF in televising professional wrestling, associated merchandising, and licensing programs. Bischoff is a citizen of Georgia, an officer and employee of TBS, in charge of WCW's operations and serves as a television announcer for WCW programming. Plaintiff contends that success in the professional wrestling business depends upon the development of interesting wrestling characters and story lines. Characters must have names, personalities, histories, relationships, personas, and visual appearances that appeal to consumers. Plaintiff alleges that WWF programming combines character-driven story lines with skillful wrestling while WCW has no reputation for creativity. TBS proposed interpromotional matches in order to associate WCW with WWF, but Plaintiff rejected this idea.

After wrestling unsuccessfully with WCW, Scott Hall contracted to wrestle for Plaintiff. Plaintiff created a wrestling character for Hall called "Razor Ramon," alias "The Bad Guy," with a distinctive Hispanic accent, slicked back hair in a ponytail with a curl in the front, a toothpick in his mouth, a vest, and multiple chains around his neck. Plaintiff registered the service mark "Razor Ramon" with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The contract provided that Plaintiff retained exclusive ownership of the character's name and likeness and the exclusive right to distribute copyrightable materials based on the character. Hall warranted that he would not enter other agreements conflicting with Plaintiff's contract rights.

Plaintiff developed Razor Ramon into one of its most popular characters. He has appeared in television broadcasts, live events, a two-hour videotape, several magazines, and is the subject of merchandise devoted to the character. He won WWF's Intercontinental Championship at least four times. The character is well-recognized by wrestling fans. Plaintiff developed another character using wrestler Kevin Nash who wrestled unsuccessfully with defendant WCW. Nash and Plaintiff entered into a contract with provisions similar to Hall's contract. Nash's character was "Diesel," alias "Big Daddy Cool." Diesel's trade dress included a goatee beard and moustache, black leather pants, a black leather vest decorated with silver studs and tassels, a black low cut tank-top shirt, a black fingerless glove on the right hand, black elbow pads, black wrist bands, sunglasses, and black leather boots. Diesel is visibly different from the characters previously portrayed by Nash at WCW.

Diesel was added to Plaintiff's story lines and appeared in television broadcasts, commercial videotapes, magazines, and became the subject of merchandise. Like Razor Ramon, Diesel also became widely recognized and popular, winning the WWF Heavyweight Championship in 1995.In 1993, Plaintiff promoted Razor Ramon and Diesel on its "Monday Night Raw" television program, which was broadcast weekly at 9:00 p.m. EST. In 1995, defendant TBS began broadcasting a competing program "WCW Monday Nitro" at the same time. Plaintiff alleges that TBS's broadcast continually disparaged WWF, while WCW agents circulated false rumors of Plaintiff's impending bankruptcy in order to lure wrestlers to WCW. In 1996, enticed by WCW's promise of lucrative, guaranteed contracts, Hall and Nash contracted to wrestle with WCW.

After the contracts were executed, Plaintiff alleges that defendant Bischoff planned to capitalize on the goodwill of the Razor Ramon and Diesel characters. Hall and Nash were to appear on WCW's broadcast as Razor Ramon and Diesel, supposedly representing WWF in an interpromotional battle. Before the broadcast, WCW's 900 hotlines told consumers that Razor Ramon and Diesel were considering leaving WWF for WCW, although in reality, they had already done so. Defendants expanded the introductory broadcast to two hours, starting before Plaintiff's competing broadcast. Hall appeared in the persona of Razor Ramon, although the broadcast did not refer to him by name. The end of the broadcast falsely conveyed that interpromotional matches would thereafter air on TNT. Fans sent letters evidencing their presumption that Hall was performing as Razor Ramon for WWF on TNT. Plaintiff attempted to dispel the rumors by broadcasting that Hall and Nash were no longer associated with the WWF. Nevertheless, Hall appeared on two further WCW broadcasts, perpetuating the false presumption. Bischoff also indicated that the interpromotional matches would be seen on an upcoming pay-per-view program. Hall and Nash did appear on the pay-per-view program as the characters Razor Ramon and Diesel. Defendants, however, did not refer to them by any name.

The Hispanic accent part of the complaint was used to describe the Razor Ramon character. WWF's complaint was that Bischoff was misrepresenting Hall and Nash as Razor and Diesel, respectively. While never done so on TV, Mark Madden referred to them by their WWF-trademarked names on his 900 hotline, which was a HUGE mistake.

I detected noticeably more of the "accent" in the second clip posted above while it seemed less prevalent in the first. Maybe they told Hall to back off a bit so it wasn't "too" obvious. It'd be interesting to know when that was in reference to WWF's complaint.

Ironically enough, WCW actually tried suing Vince a few short years later by claiming he was trying to "confuse" WCW fans into watching his shows when he announced the return of Razor & Diesel - allegedly misrepresenting the notion that Hall & Nash were returning to the Fed. The argument was extremely thin.
The rest of the laughable compliant essentially read almost word for word like WWF's complaint filed approximately two years before.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 06:49:01 PM »
Man, you guys are killing me!

Okay, here it is:

The Hispanic accent part of the complaint was used to describe the Razor Ramon character. WWF's complaint was that Bischoff was misrepresenting Hall and Nash as Razor and Diesel, respectively. While never done so on TV, Mark Madden referred to them by their WWF-trademarked names on his 900 hotline, which was a HUGE mistake.

I detected noticeably more of the "accent" in the second clip posted above while it seemed less prevalent in the first. Maybe they told Hall to back off a bit so it wasn't "too" obvious. It'd be interesting to know when that was in reference to WWF's complaint.

Ironically enough, WCW actually tried suing Vince a few short years later by claiming he was trying to "confuse" WCW fans into watching his shows when he announced the return of Razor & Diesel - allegedly misrepresenting the notion that Hall & Nash were returning to the Fed. The argument was extremely thin.
The rest of the laughable compliant essentially read almost word for word like WWF's complaint filed approximately two years before.

Bingo.