Author Topic: How much $$$$$$€€€€€€€ do you need to retire to thailand comfortably  (Read 2979 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
and live a life of

*sleeping late everyday

*pumping iron and shooting steroids (250-4000mg of test)

*chicken and rice

*relaxing on the beach

*occasional night on the town or hooker

*would need to buy decent everyday house there not a palace

possibly still 50-60 years before death

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Ask Pillowtalk

bigmc

• Getbig V
to live in Thailand comfortably you would need about two dollars a month

one for food and one for ladyboys
T

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
1 million USD enough?

if not, how much is enough

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
sometimes i think it's better to retire in my own appartment and sell my car, walk to grocery store and to gymnasium

this would be cheapest ???

anabolichalo

• Getbig V

Not much at all put it this way you can get a half decent pad out there for the equivalent of $200 a month!

that would be more expensive than living in your own apartment after it's fully paid for

bigmc

• Getbig V
I have a friend over there

most of his money goes on fines to the local police

they pick people up on spurious charges and you just pay them to let you out

or you can pay them a monthly fee to leave you alone

one of the most corrupt countries on earth
T

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
and live a life of

*sleeping late everyday

*chicken and rice

*relaxing on the beach

Anabolichalo, serious question, I know a guy who lives in Goa, hippy dude blonde dreadlocks and wears funny rags, he claims income support in the UK which is like £75 a week and lives with an English girl in Goa who does the same, they have a place there and £150 pounds a week they eat and drink like kings.

You could easily do the same.

S

Swede!!

• Getbig II
1.5k a month would give you a decent living. If you want to spice it up, then more.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
1.5k a month would give you a decent living. If you want to spice it up, then more.
hilarious, i live off less than that now

fuck it then i'm staying here

Skorp1o

• Getbig V

That's the average salary take home in England. Thailand is third world dirt cheap, alcohol is so cheap and so is food and rent.
S

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
fuck renting

i never rented a day in my life and never will

epic waste of money

Griffith

• Getbig V
The novelty wears off fast. And it's more expensive than people think if you want to live in one of the bigger cities, especially Bangkok.

Swede!!

• Getbig II
That's the average salary take home in England. Thailand is third world dirt cheap, alcohol is so cheap and so is food and rent.

Thailand is cheap. But turist places has gotten more expensive.

Sure you can live of less. It all depends on how you want to live. And where. How far from the beach and ladyboys etc.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
i just go to tanning salon, play exotic music in my mp3 and sip on a cocktail with eyes closed

same thing right

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
halo, you need access to Getbig or you won't survive.  :P

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
Halo, lets go. I'm serious.  Pattaya Beach.  We can split the cost of rent.  All the anabol and gear we can shove in our bodies!  Everynight we can go bang tight Thai whores.  All for pennies a day.  I'll swing by and pick you up. 

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
I have a friend over there

most of his money goes on fines to the local police

they pick people up on spurious charges and you just pay them to let you out

or you can pay them a monthly fee to leave you alone

one of the most corrupt countries on earth

lol - that really is nonsense.... unless your friend is a dealer

bottom line is - the more you want to live like a westerner, the more it becomes expensive.

Pattaya is a shite hole but a lot cheaper to live than Bangkok and as shite holes go it's not that terrible. Phuket is a fucking crime ridden shite hole and best avoided. Chiang Mai is heavily polluted a lot of the year because of farmers burning fields.  Everywhere else is boring.

In Bangkok, you can get a room for $120 a month - simple room, no kitchen - bed, fan,  shower & shitter. $300 a month and you have an older 1 bed place with a hot plate and separate living room - but not centrally located of course.  You could also easily spend $10k a month on a luxury condo. $3,000 a month will get you something posh. Anything under $1,000 a month is going to be on the old side.

You can eat a filling bowl of street noodles for $1.20 and you can pay $15 for an good brunch. You can pay $1.50 for a large bottle of Chang or you can pay $10 for a bottle of Fullers ESB imported from the UK.  

If you like English/American stuff - it's expensive and Villa Supermarket that does western stuff is waaay more expensive than say a Ralphs in California or a Tescos in the UK.

Cars are heavily taxed here and not cheap but unless you have kids, you don't need a car. Look for a BMW or Merc to cost 2x here than in the States. International schools for kids - about $15k per child per year. Local schools are useless and forget university here too when they get older.

I know guys that teach English, get about $1,200 a month, spend $300 on an apartment and live off the rest. I'd put that about as low as you can go. But no car, no kids, always on a budget and living what to me seems like a miserable fucking existence but considering they'd be in a factory in the UK otherwise, I guess it's a lesser evil. Women are friendly and it's nice & warm.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
thailand seems only suited for vacations from what i gather in this thread

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
thailand seems only suited for vacations from what i gather in this thread

It's not a bad place to work when you can nip out for a quick BJ at lunchtime.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
and live a life of

*sleeping late everyday

*chicken and rice

*relaxing on the beach

Better to stay where you're at now...  your mommies basement.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Better to stay where you're at now...  your mommies basement.
::)

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
1 million USD enough?

if not, how much is enough

You should be able to get by fine just being the bitch that you naturally are. There are weirdos that love guys with a girlish figure like you have. Don't worry lil fella - your not a smart man - but that's ok those slant eyes aren't real smart either so you won't come across as nearly the retard as you do in the states

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
lol - that really is nonsense.... unless your friend is a dealer

bottom line is - the more you want to live like a westerner, the more it becomes expensive.

Pattaya is a shite hole but a lot cheaper to live than Bangkok and as shite holes go it's not that terrible. Phuket is a fucking crime ridden shite hole and best avoided. Chiang Mai is heavily polluted a lot of the year because of farmers burning fields.  Everywhere else is boring.

In Bangkok, you can get a room for $120 a month - simple room, no kitchen - bed, fan,  shower & shitter. $300 a month and you have an older 1 bed place with a hot plate and separate living room - but not centrally located of course.  You could also easily spend $10k a month on a luxury condo. $3,000 a month will get you something posh. Anything under $1,000 a month is going to be on the old side.

You can eat a filling bowl of street noodles for $1.20 and you can pay $15 for an good brunch. You can pay $1.50 for a large bottle of Chang or you can pay $10 for a bottle of Fullers ESB imported from the UK.  

If you like English/American stuff - it's expensive and Villa Supermarket that does western stuff is waaay more expensive than say a Ralphs in California or a Tescos in the UK.

Cars are heavily taxed here and not cheap but unless you have kids, you don't need a car. Look for a BMW or Merc to cost 2x here than in the States. International schools for kids - about $15k per child per year. Local schools are useless and forget university here too when they get older.

I know guys that teach English, get about $1,200 a month, spend $300 on an apartment and live off the rest. I'd put that about as low as you can go. But no car, no kids, always on a budget and living what to me seems like a miserable fucking existence but considering they'd be in a factory in the UK otherwise, I guess it's a lesser evil. Women are friendly and it's nice & warm.

Good post although I wouldn't say Chiang Mai is polluted a lot of the year, sure, 6-8 weeks it can get pretty awful but the rest of the year it's fine.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
Anabolichalo, serious question, I know a guy who lives in Goa, hippy dude blonde dreadlocks and wears funny rags, he claims income support in the UK which is like £75 a week and lives with an English girl in Goa who does the same, they have a place there and £150 pounds a week they eat and drink like kings.

You could easily do the same.

how does he claim without signing fortnightly?