Author Topic: HighSchool POwerlifter outlifts GB  (Read 1436 times)

spiro

• Getbig IV
Re: HighSchool POwerlifter outlifts GB
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:24:05 AM »
Let me guess he's black  ::) Devon has a thing for young black athletes.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:24:50 AM »
Yep.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 09:31:42 AM »

OUTED!!!!   ::) ::) ::)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=515122.msg7285446#msg7285446

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:34:22 AM »
OUTED!!!!   ::) ::) ::)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=515122.msg7285446#msg7285446

Everyone already knows me dummy. Doesn't explain your lust for the young black men.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:07:29 AM »
Good lifts with almost perfect form.
Shittiest spotting I've ever seen, and god knows I've seen shitty spottings in my life.
Nice to see Arnold's son is doing well in his green shirt.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
Everyone already knows me dummy. Doesn't explain your lust for the young black men.

The kids a legit athlete and a record holder at what? 16? How do you equate Devon97 (Who played football at the D1 level) giving props to a young athlete as "lust"?

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »
Strong kid "for being a junior in HS" but they fail to mention that he lifts equipped.  Well, I guess no one that doesn't follow powerlifting would have any clue of what that means.  His deadlift is by far more impressive than his other two lifts. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »
Strong kid "for being a junior in HS" but they fail to mention that he lifts equipped.  Well, I guess no one that doesn't follow powerlifting would have any clue of what that means.  His deadlift is by far more impressive than his other two lifts. 

I saw this coming. Equipped or not those are great lifts. I'm sure there were others in his weight class that were equipped as well that didn't come near those numbers. He would have probably broken a few raw numbers as well.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 10:37:26 AM »
I saw this coming. Equipped or not those are great lifts. I'm sure there were others in his weight class that were equipped as well that didn't come near those numbers. He would have probably broken a few raw numbers as well.

They were all good lifts, "well the bench was rather mediocre for being single ply" his squat was good and obviously his deadlift was quite impressive especially since equipment doesn't provide all that much help in the deadlifts.  They guy has potential.  I guess it just kind of a pet peeve of mine that they never mention equipped but if is raw, they are always pretty clear to point that out.  Then again, like I sad the average person has no idea what equipped VS raw means so I do understand it from that perspective.  Kind of like when I had at least 4 people come to me in the gym months back just having to tell me that did you see that HS kid that benched 700?  I said yes nice but remember he lifts multi ply and they were like hu?   ;D 

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 10:39:58 AM »
strong fucking kid, but the entire powerlifting with suits on and straps and shit like that is a joke

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:51 AM »
strong fucking kid, but the entire powerlifting with suits on and straps and shit like that is a joke

The Equipped vs raw debate has been going on forever.  Being a raw lifter, I don't like the suits and personally, think the sport would be much better off without them, especially the multi ply division.  However obviously competing with guys both raw and equipped I have come to respect both styles of lifting "single ply especially, I still really don't like the multi ply although I still understand it."  Some guys are brave and do both.  The equipment does bring a lot of extra $ into powerlifting so it is not going anywhere.  It has gotten a little crazy, for example in the USPA  They have raw, classic raw, single ply, and multi ply.  That is 4 different levels of equipment and 4 separate divisions.  A bit crazy but as long as they keep the division separate and they do a good job making it clear what is raw and not "the federations do this, the media does not" I am good with it all. 

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 10:46:40 AM »

That's still beastly for a 16 year old kid, even with equipment.

How many of us could have bench 420 in a shirt as a 16 year old?

I was starting D-line in high school, weighed 255lbs, and my best bench was 285lbs when I was 16 (started training at 16, mind you, but all the same). In a shirt, maybe I would have got 315lbs? This kid only weighs 198lbs, and already owned state records as a sophomore.

He's a real freak.

We'll see if powerlifting ends his running back career. That kind of stuff wears the knees and hips and shoulders out long before their time, and it's not like being a running back in D1 helps that. I'd quit that stuff if I were him, and save the joints for the NCAA and NFL if he's lucky enough to get a shot.

Getting stronger than he is now won't do much for his game. It's not like there's a lot of linebackers who lift more than he does. He should focus on getting faster and staying injury free for the next 12 years. Last I heard, the NFL pays a wee bit more than powerlifting, but I'll let the pro agent billionaires on getbig chime in here.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 10:50:10 AM »
That's still beastly for a 16 year old kid, even with equipment.

How many of us could have bench 420 in a shirt as a 16 year old?

I was starting D-line in high school, weighed 255lbs, and my best bench was 285lbs when I was 16 (started training at 16, mind you, but all the same). In a shirt, maybe I would have got 315lbs? This kid only weighs 198lbs, and already owned state records as a sophomore.

He's a real freak.

We'll see if powerlifting ends his running back career. That kind of stuff wears the knees and hips and shoulders out long before their time, and it's not like being a running back in D1 helps that. I'd quit that stuff if I were him, and save the joints for the NCAA and NFL if he's lucky enough to get a shot.

Getting stronger than he is now won't do much for his game. It's not like there's a lot of linebackers who lift more than he does. He should focus on getting faster and staying injury free for the next 12 years. Last I heard, the NFL pays a wee bit more than powerlifting, but I'll let the pro agent billionaires on getbig chime in here.

Well, I think NFL would be a better choice that powerlifting.  A "tad" more financial incentive.   :o  Plus one wrong shift while squatting "I was there and saw what happened to Brandon Lilly just a couple of months ago" and your career could be over.  Kid probably should slow down on the powerlifting if he thinks he has a shot at the NFL, that is a no brainer. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
Great deadlift, looks like he would have even got more. Not one news source covering the story mentioned that it was equipped. But in all fairness, nobody should take anything away from this guy, to lift those numbers at that age he is a phenomenal athlete (how many other 16 year olds could do what he did, under the same conditions?)

But powerlifting and equipped powerlifting are two different sports and I wish people would be made aware of this when mainstream sports coverage comes out with blanket statements about powerlifting records and totals etc. It completely desensitises people to what constitutes strong. All of a sudden, an elite powerlifter hitting a 425 bench press unequipped doesn't sound all that impressive to somebody who remembers that some 16 year old did that recently.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »
Epic 1" ROM on the deadlift.  ::) ::) Most getbiggers can lift that weight with a range of motion 80x that.
X

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 12:46:05 PM »
....Its great that he handles that weight etc but why have a kid at that age compete geared. I don't understand the mentality of the coaches. Maybe his football coaches think its better if he's geared. Raw lifting is making a resurgence and the numbers are climbing ever up there.
L

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 12:48:36 PM »
you don't tear pecs benching in a shirt, and it saves the hips vs wide raw squats.

in reality its not much safer since it lets you load a developing skeleton with way more weight that it could tolerate.. strong kid, but devons unhealthy pre-occupation with young buck Hebrews is chuckles.

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 12:51:26 PM »
you don't tear pecs benching in a shirt, and it saves the hips vs wide raw squats.

in reality its not much safer since it lets you load a developing skeleton with way more weight that it could tolerate.. strong kid, but devons unhealthy pre-occupation with young buck Hebrews is chuckles.

What about 'Teh Coach' unhealthy pre-occupation with young buck Hebrews?