Author Topic: UFC fighter Siver claims tainted supplement caused false positive for PEDs  (Read 1578 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
This guy is a trip  ::)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2303806/Dennis-Siver-talks-failed-drug-tes-blames-trainer/?&page=1

Today I would like to issue a public statement and give my fans and supporters the opportunity to form their own opinion on how the alleged doping allegations against me came about.

Last fall, my coach Niko Sulenta was diagnosed with severe cancer, which lead to me being on my own during the preparations for a UFC fight for the first time, without me being able to draw on his longstanding care and advice. Niko has always been essential to my weight reduction.

So prior to UFC 168 I had to hire an external personal trainer and nutritionist to support me with making weight. The nutritionist recommended me a new diet method from the US, which had been successfully used by the stars.

Thereupon I asked, if I, as a competitive professional athlete, could safely use this supplement. This was confirmed to me. Then I committed the fatal mistake of not making sure through the UFC if individual substances from the supplement could have effects on the drug tests.

I flew to the US and won my fight. I was all the more shocked when the result of the A sample was deemed ’inconclusive’ and I was hoping for the result of the B sample. They found a small component of hCG in my urine sample – a minor ingredient of the diet preparation and a substance which is banned in the UFC.

I do not want to blame anyone for this result and I take full responsibility for my gullible and careless behavior. It was my mistake and it was grossly negligent. But I distance myself from any kind of doping. In my previous sixteen UFC fights, not even the smallest banned substance has been detected. This makes the current events all the more disappointing and shocking for me and my team.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

dustin

lol.. virtually everything injectable is banned. I think vitamin C and saline would be the only injectable medications you could purchase that aren't banned.

A small component of his supplement. He was injecting HCG. Or, he was injecting what he thought was GH but was actually HCG. Either way, he's full of shit. I'm not against PEDs but I think this is hilarious.

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
This guy is a trip  ::)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2303806/Dennis-Siver-talks-failed-drug-tes-blames-trainer/?&page=1

Today I would like to issue a public statement and give my fans and supporters the opportunity to form their own opinion on how the alleged doping allegations against me came about.

Last fall, my coach Niko Sulenta was diagnosed with severe cancer, which lead to me being on my own during the preparations for a UFC fight for the first time, without me being able to draw on his longstanding care and advice. Niko has always been essential to my weight reduction.

So prior to UFC 168 I had to hire an external personal trainer and nutritionist to support me with making weight. The nutritionist recommended me a new diet method from the US, which had been successfully used by the stars.

Thereupon I asked, if I, as a competitive professional athlete, could safely use this supplement. This was confirmed to me. Then I committed the fatal mistake of not making sure through the UFC if individual substances from the supplement could have effects on the drug tests.

I flew to the US and won my fight. I was all the more shocked when the result of the A sample was deemed ’inconclusive’ and I was hoping for the result of the B sample. They found a small component of hCG in my urine sample – a minor ingredient of the diet preparation and a substance which is banned in the UFC.

I do not want to blame anyone for this result and I take full responsibility for my gullible and careless behavior. It was my mistake and it was grossly negligent. But I distance myself from any kind of doping. In my previous sixteen UFC fights, not even the smallest banned substance has been detected. This makes the current events all the more disappointing and shocking for me and my team.

Sounds legit

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
poor guy gets busted using something as useless as hcg- useless as in a bang for the buck scenario.

guess he came off cycle, thought he'd be sneaky and try to keep some of that w using hcg and got pinched.
b

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Nothing cooler than a flush left hook.

Fuzzy Nuts

lol.. virtually everything injectable is banned. I think vitamin C and saline would be the only injectable medications you could purchase that aren't banned.

A small component of his supplement. He was injecting HCG. Or, he was injecting what he thought was GH but was actually HCG. Either way, he's full of shit. I'm not against PEDs but I think this is hilarious.
My first thought too...thought he was using hgh.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ

Give it time and that will be banned too.  How dare you take vitamin C and try to get better.  LOL  ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
A lot of suppliers will sub out growth hormone for hcG as its a lot cheaper and he got busted
A

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Steroid users are some of the most skilled liars on the planet. Look ya right in the eye and claim drug free.  Not a stellar group of Humans.

no one

• Getbig V
A lot of suppliers will sub out growth hormone for hcG as its a lot cheaper and he got busted

can you explain how this is done as gh has several identifying characteristics that would mark it as legit if one was trying to decide by sight.

b

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I'm confident he intended to use hcg but it just lingered too long. Like no one said, got off test and used hcg.

His excuse is pathetic, injecting something isn't "using supplements".

sean

• Getbig IV
I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF ATHLETES USING SUPPS AS A SCAPEGOAT FOR + TESTS!!!

Get over it already! No brand in the world is spiking their shit with shit! For christ sakes

ie, this fucking doosher claiming deca in his protein powder. Asshole! And, no one in media on the the ground level of the supplement industry called his ass out, as easy as it would have been!

ref: wikipedia

2006 season
Merriman during the 2006 season.

On October 22, 2006, reports were made public by CNN that Merriman would face a 4-game suspension for violating the NFL's steroid policy.[6] ESPN's Chris Mortensen cited a source that claimed the suspension was "definitely for steroid use and not a 'supplement-type' suspension." Mortenson's report later came under scrutiny from Merriman's attorney, David Cornwell, who called the report "irresponsible and erroneous." Under NFL league policy, no player's suspension proceedings are to be announced before the suspension takes place. Subsequently Cornwell stated that he believed the substance his client tested positive for was the anabolic steroid nandrolone, and that Merriman claimed it must have been in a tainted nutritional supplement he took regularly.[7] Merriman never identified the supplement.[8]

latiuss

• Getbig IV
Wouldnt the stomach acids destroy the hcg hench sub q shots?

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
skip those damn tests! people want to see some crazy ass fights, pride style!
MIRAGETROPIN

no one

• Getbig V

can you explain how this is done as gh has several identifying characteristics that would mark it as legit if one was trying to decide by sight.

waiting for my reply.

you run around the board like an expert on all things, so i expect to be enlightened.
b

Nomad

• Getbig IV
waiting for my reply.

you run around the board like an expert on all things, so i expect to be enlightened.
thinking you are ever going to get an answer
all drugs - TPPIIP

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
waiting for my reply.

Can you tell me please.  I'm genuinely curious as I've never been aware of being able to distinguish between the two by sight.

no one

• Getbig V
Can you tell me please.  I'm genuinely curious as I've never been aware of being able to distinguish between the two by sight.

i'll tell you after dildo graces us with his knowledge.
b