Author Topic: Attorney: Christie cleared in bridge scandal  (Read 2700 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Attorney: Christie cleared in bridge scandal
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:33:02 AM »
3/27/2014

NEW YORK (AP) — A law firm hired by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Thursday that the governor was not involved in a plot to create gridlock near a major bridge as part of a political retribution scheme.

The taxpayer-funded report released by former federal prosecutor Randy Mastro relies on interviews with Christie and other officials in his administration and 250,000 documents, many of them emails and text messages.

"We found that Gov. Christie had no knowledge beforehand of this George Washington Bridge realignment idea," Mastro said at a news conference.

He also said the lane closures were not reflective of the way the governor's office generally operates. "We found that this was the action of the few," he said. "This is not reflective of the whole."

His report comes out ahead of any results from independent investigations by federal prosecutors and a special committee of state lawmakers. Some of the key figures would not cooperate with Mastro's investigation, leading Democrats to question the credibility of the report and its thoroughness.

Defending the report at the news conference, Mastro said his team was able to review a trove of documents, including emails and text messages among Christie, Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, top governor's office staff and former staffers. "We believe we have gotten to the truth or we wouldn't be reporting it," he said.

He also said his team was sharing information with federal prosecutors.

The September closure of lanes near the bridge that caused four days of massive gridlock in the community of Fort Lee have become a major scandal for Christie, a possible 2016 Republican presidential contender. Christie said on a radio show Wednesday that the events will not affect his decisions about his political future.

The report, issued at Mastro's New York law office, concludes that former Port Authority of New York and New Jersey official David Wildstein and ex-Christie aide Bridget Kelly were behind the closures and that they were targeting Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich. But it did not conclude why they wanted to hurt the Democrat and said there was no evidence that it was because he refused to endorse Christie for re-election last year.

The report says that Sokolich himself brought up the possibility of endorsing Christie but ultimately decided against it. The report says that even after that decision, the mayor remained on a list of Democrats whom Christie was considering appointing to various boards.

Mastro said Wildstein seemed to have "bizarre political and personal animus" against a variety of people.

Mastro says that Kelly, who did not cooperate with the report, tried to cover her tracks when Christie began asking what happened last year by asking a colleague to delete an email about the plot. But the other staffer retained the email anyway, the report says.

Mastro also says that Wildstein suggested he mentioned traffic issues in Fort Lee to Christie at public event during the lane realignment. But he says Christie did not recall it being brought up and if it was, it would not have registered as significant to Christie — something Christie has said before.

The report also finds that a claim by Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer, that Christie's administration told her that Superstorm Sandy would be tied to a private redevelopment plan, is "demonstrably false." A spokesman for Zimmer did not immediately return a call.

Mastro calls for Christie's office staffers to cease using personal email accounts for official business, eliminating the office where Kelly had worked and appointing an ethics officer in the governor's office. He also recommends major changes to the structure of Port Authority, an agency jointly run by the states of New York and New Jersey.

http://news.yahoo.com/christies-lawyer-governor-not-involved-plot-153400161--politics.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Attorney: Christie cleared in bridge scandal
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:42:16 AM »
If it comes down to it - I will vote for Christie over Hillary 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:43:40 AM »
he spent a million bucks of the state's money, appointed his own attorney friends to run the investigation, cleared himself, and used the report to undermine the credibility of the people accusing christie by airing their personal relationships/dirty laundry.

Did I miss anything?   lol   real presidential quality candidate there.  Oh, i know, "obama did XYZ, so christie is a fine choice".  I'm so glad getbiggers don't go there anymore.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:44:35 AM »
he spent a million bucks of the state's money, appointed his own attorney friends to run the investigation, cleared himself, and used the report to undermine the credibility of the people accusing christie by airing their personal relationships/dirty laundry.

Did I miss anything?   lol   real presidential quality candidate there.  Oh, i know, "obama did XYZ, so christie is a fine choice".  I'm so glad getbiggers don't go there anymore.

What do you expect from the Sopranos?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »
What do you expect from the Sopranos?

a better series finale, that's for sure.  suspenseful when chick is backing in the car, but at the end of the show you're like "WTF, that's it?  ???"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 11:21:54 AM »

Oddly like Chicago....
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 01:26:58 PM »
Well there goes that scandal.  Will be a footnote by 2016.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 02:27:17 PM »

LOL Bum, are you really that gullible

The report was done by a law firm hired by Christie and they didn't even interview any key players
Even people sympathetic to Christie are calling this basically worthless

There are still ongoing investigations by US Attorney General and New Jersey State Senate and I believe also the Port Authority

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »

Really?  LOL.... dude clears himself.

ya know, it really wouldn't surprise me if the people stupid enough to nominate mccain and romney end up nominating christie too.   not one bit. 

dems keep saying it.  repubs keep ignoring it.  and repubs keep on winning presidential elections

repubs would be - clearly - stupid as fck to choose christie for the nomination.  And they probably will anyway lol.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 02:59:46 PM »
Really?  LOL.... dude clears himself.

ya know, it really wouldn't surprise me if the people stupid enough to nominate mccain and romney end up nominating christie too.   not one bit. 

dems keep saying it.  repubs keep ignoring it.  and repubs keep on winning presidential elections

repubs would be - clearly - stupid as fck to choose christie for the nomination.  And they probably will anyway lol.

It would not surprise me if the people stupid enough to vote for Obama (that would include you) buy into a scandal and ignore the facts.  As much as liberals like you want to attack Republicans, sometimes you just have to deal with the fact as they are.

Unless you're a liberal lackey. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »
It would not surprise me if the people stupid enough to vote for Obama (that would include you) buy into a scandal and ignore the facts.  As much as liberals like you want to attack Republicans, sometimes you just have to deal with the fact as they are.

Unless you're a liberal lackey. 

LOL

you don't even know the facts of the so called investigation by the law firm that was hired by Christie

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 04:25:45 PM »
Christie is not a man of integrity.  He's a bully and a liar - he's bragged about his 'tough' bullying style, and he was caught in some big lies in the little cover-up that followed bridgegate.

It's okay to support him, even though he lied.

But it's not okay to say "Christie did nothing wrong".  That's just sad right there.  Cause there are a lot of voters that will say "ya know, Christie did lie about this, I'm not going to support him in the general election". 

And there are going to be plenty of great GOP candidiates in 2016 that DIDN'T lie about this.  No need to settle for the guy with the most baggage.  I dunno why repubs always have to choose the candidate with the biggest uphill climb . Why not choose the one in the best position to win?  Instead it's always "yeah!  Cain has a dozen sex scandals and answers all libya Qs with "9-9-9", he's the candidate for me!''

Seriously, take the win already.  Obama sucked and was very beatable in 2012, and yall had to run with the candidate with the most possible baggage that was hated by the base.  Note: Don't do it again.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 06:14:04 PM »

Did I miss anything?   lol   real presidential quality candidate there.  Oh, i know, "obama did XYZ, so christie is a fine choice".  I'm so glad getbiggers don't go there anymore.

::)

Uh...you've been there a 100 times and back.

And the only reason you even brought it up was to make a pathetic attempt at preemptively blocking somebody from pointing out Obama appointing Bosserman to investigate the IRS.

Keep trying shill.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 05:40:56 AM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 05:42:09 AM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 05:43:21 AM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 05:44:28 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 06:06:28 AM »
Typical lib tards - focus on Christie 24/7 - wont even go near Sen yee. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 06:34:35 AM »

Again tighten up your back pack the 40 pounds of rocks is banging against your head.this is a christie post

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 06:52:53 AM »

Typical GOP closet fag - focus on democrats 24/7 - wont even go near Christie even in a thread about Christie.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 06:56:43 AM »

Typical GOP closet fag - focus on democrats 24/7 - wont even go near Christie even in a thread about Christie.

uuummmmm - hey fagget - I started the main on on Christy scandal you fool

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 07:11:00 AM »

And you complain about dems in a Christie thread. And whine about Obama 24/7.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 07:39:53 AM »

was Yee a frontrunner for 2016 presidential nomination?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 10:23:21 AM »
was Yee a frontrunner for 2016 presidential nomination?

yeah and did 333 start the Christie thread the day after the lane closures started

if not then why the demand that all news be 24/7 about Yee given that the story (of which we know almost nothing at this point) only started 2 days ago

typical bi-polar 333 complaining about Christie coverage while at the same time bragging about it

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 07:07:50 PM »
Christie's such a fucking idiot.