Author Topic: My typical day fellas.  (Read 5909 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: My typical day fellas.
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 09:56:34 PM »
the way i see it if your gonna complain about having (key word HAVING) to do all the fundamentals for success in bodybuilding you might as well get the hell outta the gym  and never come back.  I was doing overtime at a mill for more than 14 days straight 12 hour days....i didn't miss one workout....some guys at my gym work like that all the time and they still come to the gym and give 'er everything they got! I think thats what the sport is all about and i love to see that! so dude with your AA meetings and what not....my advice to you is simply a slap in the face.
bodybuildersreality.com

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 09:34:42 AM »
It would be nice to have a regular 9 to 5 job or even have a mapped out college class week (or even both at the same time) so you can be involved in the sub culture practice of BB'ing/lifting. Having all your feeding's put together on a scheduled time table would be ideal. All this is possible  if we all lived in a perfect training world. But I see where G.R.H. is coming from in live stream time.

I'm on the road a lot. I get  conference calls, go to meetings; a nice word for BS time (I have a laptop with me. I can either go remote through my home computer or through the .edu line at work...  everything posted here is through my home computer). I associate with coaches/athletics and teacher types, which take more time than really needed. Trust me when I say some of those coaches/teachers are very slow witted, to say the least. If the educational quality of teaching standards drop anymore in California, than dumb & dumber will be teaching classes in all our schools. I mostly like the teachers who can barely speak English themselves, that's just swell. Anyway, I'll take a small freezer chest with me (plug in ones) with sandwich, shake, etc, which help a lot during the day. Usually I can grab an early or late lunch, sometimes not. There is always a way to get good quality foods in your body.

I have regular workout, days like most everyone else, but if I can't get to the garage gym where I mainly workout at (on the road some place, miles away) than there are two other gyms along the way where I can train at. Adapting to a uneven job environment is always possible, just have to plan ahead a little bit. Good Luck.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 10:11:24 AM »
I

The only way to have time to do all you have to do is have a plan. Plan out your training a week in advance if you need to. Set aside a time when you are going to train, and stick with that. Start preparing meals in advance, I cook over half my meals for the wk on Sunday afternoon. Sure it's not the most glamorous entrees, but it does the job. And most importantly, never, and I mean never feel sorry for yourself, this doesn't do you any good what so ever. It only weakens your demeanour, and leads you down the path of mediocrity, and that is no way to live.

Nicely put.  That's all you need to know, right there.
:-)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2006, 11:09:15 AM »
do whatchya gotta do.
bodybuildersreality.com

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 07:37:34 PM »
did you guys ever hear of "ask god what your plans are and watch him laugh"?  yes, there's such a thing as planning for the future, but i believe in taking one day at a time. when i start to plan  things, they usually get all f'ed up anyway! my plans change like the wind! i'm sorry, but there's no way how i can "plan" on eating about 6x a day, or doing what you guys do ! i never claimed or said that i was a bodybuilder, or was really into it. i just said  working out is something i like doing! you guys can have your strict  schedules and lives! i can't live a life like that! it's too competitive 4 me!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 08:16:30 PM »
well if you do that and works for ya, thats great im happy! but you said just shoot me please! does that mean you hate it? i like doing all the planning, it gets me gains and thats what i like....its my life and i dont' see it any other way i know what to do to get the gains so i do it no probs. but i respect that you live each day at a time and i hope it works for you.
bodybuildersreality.com

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 08:21:49 PM »
did you guys ever hear of "ask god what your plans are and watch him laugh"?  yes, there's such a thing as planning for the future, but i believe in taking one day at a time. when i start to plan  things, they usually get all f'ed up anyway! my plans change like the wind! i'm sorry, but there's no way how i can "plan" on eating about 6x a day, or doing what you guys do ! i never claimed or said that i was a bodybuilder, or was really into it. i just said  working out is something i like doing! you guys can have your strict  schedules and lives! i can't live a life like that! it's too competitive 4 me!

yes, i think that's a stupid quote.  You CAN plan 6 meals a day, arnold jr. and JPM articulated how very well.  If you're not a bodybuilder don't complain about how difficult it is to be one.  Most people don't care if they eat 6 times a day or not.  If you can't, and you don't care, then neither do we. 
:-)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 09:19:02 PM »
yes, i think that's a stupid quote.  You CAN plan 6 meals a day, arnold jr. and JPM articulated how very well.  If you're not a bodybuilder don't complain about how difficult it is to be one.  Most people don't care if they eat 6 times a day or not.  If you can't, and you don't care, then neither do we. 
Word

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 10:56:57 PM »
yup.
bodybuildersreality.com

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 02:44:15 PM »
i'm sorry guys! i'm just saying that it's difficult to find the time to eat 6x a day with the kind of lifestyle i live. i'd have to eat and talk on the phone at the same time! no, i don't want to be shot! you guys take things a littl e too seriously! all i'm saying is how do you guys find the time to eat 6x a day?! i can't see how the body can digest that much food?! i eat a big lunch, and i'm still "bloated and full" at 3 p.m. (my lunch is at 12:30).  do you think meal replacement shakes are ok? if 6x a day is a meal replacement shake once or twice, i can see that! see where i'm coming from bros! sorry if i sound like a BASATRD! you can beat me up later if you want to! am i forgiven?!  :(

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 02:51:07 PM »
i'm sorry guys! i'm just saying that it's difficult to find the time to eat 6x a day with the kind of lifestyle i live. i'd have to eat and talk on the phone at the same time! no, i don't want to be shot! you guys take things a littl e too seriously! all i'm saying is how do you guys find the time to eat 6x a day?! i can't see how the body can digest that much food?! i eat a big lunch, and i'm still "bloated and full" at 3 p.m. (my lunch is at 12:30).  do you think meal replacement shakes are ok? if 6x a day is a meal replacement shake once or twice, i can see that! see where i'm coming from bros! sorry if i sound like a BASATRD! you can beat me up later if you want to! am i forgiven?!  :(
you were never needed to be forgiven! haha! yeah meal replacement shakes are fine to count as a meal! I do! i even count just a plain protien shake as a meal if i have to! so 2 meal replacement shakes and the food you eat 3 times a day puts you at 5 meals a day already!!! so thats fine! if u dont have time for one more little one 5 is fine i think.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »
One of the keys to being able to eat several meals a day is eating small to moderate size meals. if you do this you will be hungry again in 2-3 hours, plus your body will take advantage of the food better then it would if the same amount was taken in over 2-3 meals per day.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 09:22:51 PM »
keeps your metabolism up to burn fat....and your insulin levels dont spike.....i think thats other purposes of eating every 2 hours?!
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »
keeps your metabolism up to burn fat....and your insulin levels dont spike.....i think thats other purposes of eating every 2 hours?!
True^ but also think about the amount of protein your body can process. If you are trying to get a large quantity of protein per day and only eating a few meals, even though you may be taking in extreme amounts, your body can only use and process so much per meal. For instance, you eat one meal with 2 8oz chicken breast, which equals 80g of protein. Your body is only going to be able to process 40g-50g of that, and the rest is just a waste. Now split that up into 2 meals spaced 2-3 hrs apart and your body uses the entire 80g. Basically bodybuilding 101 stuff here, but hopefully helpful to those still in the dark about this.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 09:33:44 PM »
yup! training for gains is easy if you learn to know your body and play the game right just like that!
bodybuildersreality.com