Author Topic: Manziel lookin good at Pro Day  (Read 3938 times)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
Re: Manziel lookin good at Pro Day
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:50:24 AM »
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/41577/Mike-Zimmer-unimpressed-by-Manziel-s--choreographed--pro-day/Default.aspx

Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Manziel’s workout was “choreographed” and placed too much emphasis on style instead of substance, Brian Smith of the Houston Chronicle reports..

“The huddles and the different things and the music. The sideshow stuff,” Zimmer said. “It was a sideshow.”

Zimmer added that Manziel’s decision to wear shoulder pads and a helmet during his showcase was an odd one.

“It was a different workout,” Zimmer said. “It’s the first time I’ve ever seen it.”

He added: “This one was a little different in how it was choreographed. People like that or they don’t like that, I don’t know.”

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:53:39 AM »
The entire thing was a fucking sideshow, like most things Manziel related.
And he wore the helmet and pads for one reason--so they could be sold afterwards to the highest bidder.
The kid's a fucking pimple faced clown.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 09:01:42 AM »
one knock is his arm strengthen.  even though the equipment was a bit of a sideshow, i think he wanted to show he can throw the ball 60 yds in pads.  anyway, i wouldnt waste my #1 on him.  lets see if nike makes its' money back on the Johnny Football brand bullshit.  

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 03:58:57 PM »
one knock is his arm strengthen.  even though the equipment was a bit of a sideshow, i think he wanted to show he can throw the ball 60 yds in pads.  anyway, i wouldnt waste my #1 on him.  lets see if nike makes its' money back on the Johnny Football brand bullshit.  

Kind of sad that him and clowney are super talented and yet have so many negatives against him.  Manziel would be lucky to go to Houston.  Just a year ago they were  a playoff team.  They have Andre Johnson who's a beast, JJ Watt, Cushing.  Foster and Tate in the backfield, a solid O-lines. a coach who knows how to groom QBs.  Manziel might do well enough to make them a playoff team and they'll think he's the greatest rookie ever.  If he goes to Cleveland of Jacksonsville he won't last the season.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »
Kind of sad that him and clowney are super talented and yet have so many negatives against him.  Manziel would be lucky to go to Houston.  Just a year ago they were  a playoff team.  They have Andre Johnson who's a beast, JJ Watt, Cushing.  Foster and Tate in the backfield, a solid O-lines. a coach who knows how to groom QBs.  Manziel might do well enough to make them a playoff team and they'll think he's the greatest rookie ever.  If he goes to Cleveland of Jacksonsville he won't last the season.
you sound like the type of guy who will call up your frat buddies to talk about footbal and invite them over to watch the game whenever possible?
A

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 04:05:33 PM »
Manziel punched his ticket for a top 5 selection. He's going to be real good on the pro level, I think. Smaller guy with big hands and quick feet. Just like Russell Wilson.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 06:35:19 PM »
Lotto Johnny Football haters in the house tonight. Dudes a badass.  I like him. Hope he does well.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 06:41:52 PM »
I'm not rooting against him but I wouldn't want him on my team.  Too much improv and not enough pocket passing.  Kinda small, possible off-the-field nightmare. 

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
You guys need to look at his stats. Dude is accurate as hell. Look at the numbers and who he did it against

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 06:53:27 PM »

Ben Tate is with the Cleveland Browns now, Andre Johnson is gonna be 33 next season, Arian Foster is coming off of back surgery, Cushing has had two season-ending knee injuries, and JJ Watt was the only pass rusher they had last season.  Not to mention Bill O'Brien is a Belichek protege....he's gonna want a tall pocket passer like Blake Bortles, not a scrambling dual-threat like Johnny Manziel.

That team is probably 2-3 seasons away from being a contender, especially now that the Colts are starting to become dominant again.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »
You guys need to look at his stats. Dude is accurate as hell. Look at the numbers and who he did it against

The pro game is a different game.  You need a guy that can stay in the pocket and deliver the ball on target.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »
The pro game is a different game.  You need a guy that can stay in the pocket and deliver the ball on target.

You need a guy who can deliver the ball on target and avoid taking hits.  Plenty of successful, Superbowl-winning quarterbacks that are mobile.

Johnny Football can deliver the ball anywhere on the field.....but can he avoid hits and stay healthy?  That remains to be seen

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 07:07:01 PM »
I hope I'm wrong about the kid...but I'm not wrong. 

Bookmark this post and troll me later if I'm off base.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 07:08:20 PM »
I hope I'm wrong about the kid...but I'm not wrong. 

Bookmark this post and troll me later if I'm off base.

What would you be wrong about?  That he's not accurate with the ball?  Or that he wont be successful in the NFL?

Who do you think is the best QB in this draft?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 07:23:31 PM »
What would you be wrong about?  That he's not accurate with the ball?  Or that he wont be successful in the NFL?

Who do you think is the best QB in this draft?

This. I think he's gonna be an epic fail in the NFL.

Best QB - Probably Bortles, but I'm not in love with any of the QBs in this draft.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 08:01:07 PM »

I use to think that until Kaep, Wilson, Newton, came along. Even Romo puts up big numbers with that skill set. Pocket but when it collapses scramble, make the play/pass.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 08:03:12 PM »
i'd love to see how much his hands, elbows and skull have grown in the last year, well after the period where our bones are still growing.

he wore pads so people wouldn't see how frail he is on that field.  he'll have a short career but will sell a heck of a lot of jerseys.  Browns will totally take him, they're stupid like that.  houston taking defense, let's be honest here.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
you sound like the type of guy who will call up your frat buddies to talk about footbal and invite them over to watch the game whenever possible?

Yes and there's not a woman to be seen...because they're all "whores"....LOLOLOL   ::)  :D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 08:26:36 PM »
Yes and there's not a woman to be seen...because they're all "whores"....LOLOLOL   ::)  :D

Generally, having women over to watch sports is not as fun

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »
Generally, having women over to watch sports is not as fun

they are usually in the kitchen preparing the chips and dip and helping u keep the beers stocked and cold in the fridge while u watch football with your buddies

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 08:44:43 PM »
they are usually in the kitchen preparing the chips and dip and helping u keep the beers stocked and cold in the fridge while u watch football with your buddies

Fuck that lol, they'll usually find a way to mess that up.

Call me a loser, homo, misogynist--whatever.  But when I'm watching sports, I don't wanna have women in my vicinity.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »
i'd love to see how much his hands, elbows and skull have grown in the last year, well after the period where our bones are still growing.

he wore pads so people wouldn't see how frail he is on that field.  he'll have a short career but will sell a heck of a lot of jerseys. Browns will totally take him, they're stupid like that.  houston taking defense, let's be honest here.

LOL!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »
Welcome to the real world....."Johnny Football".

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 02:48:11 PM »
Welcome to the real world....."Johnny Football".

Christ, what a train wreck.