Author Topic: eagles news  (Read 6366 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
eagles news
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:23:17 PM »
breaking news desean jackson told by eagles to hit the bricks .
F

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: eagles news
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »
Apprently because of gang affiliations he was released. This has to be a serious issue considering he's coming off a career year, statistically.

I don't think he's ever been in trouble with the law outside of football. If he's being let go because of speculation to gang ties, I would sue the Eagles if I was Desean Jackson. The Eagles are making these speculations public to the media. This could deter other teams from signing him to a new contract. Grounds for a lawsuit, in my opinion.

Jackson brings a lot to the table. He's a burner who stretches the field and plays special teams.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:56:06 PM »
Great talent.  I hope he doesn't land in Seattle.  He would be a pretty deadly replacement for Golden Tate. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 02:00:19 PM »
Great talent.  I hope he doesn't land in Seattle.  He would be a pretty deadly replacement for Golden Tate. 

I think he signs with the Raiders. He's a west coast guy. The Ravens don't have the cap room to make a run at him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »
I think he signs with the Raiders. He's a west coast guy. The Ravens don't have the cap room to make a run at him.

Would be a good signing for them.  I guess somebody could claim him off the wire too, but they'd be suck with his big contract. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 03:56:36 PM »
Would be a good signing for them.  I guess somebody could claim him off the wire too, but they'd be suck with his big contract.  

He was released. He's a player without a contract. None of his $ was guaranteed for this year. In fact, his cap number was almost 11 million for 2014 so now his new team wouldn't have to worry about that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »
He was released. He's a player without a contract. None of his $ was guaranteed for this year. In fact, his cap number was almost 11 million for 2014 so now his new team wouldn't have to worry about that.

Good point.  Thanks.  I wonder if he will take a pay cut? 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 04:12:09 PM »
Good point.  Thanks.  I wonder if he will take a pay cut?  

Whatever team decides to sign him(and there will be quite a few takers, I think) will give him at least 15-20 million in guaranteed $ and a multi year contract. He's only 27. He will get a top 10 WR contract with his new team, in my opinion.

I would be in heaven if the Ravens made a play for him. But it won't happen. He brings so much to a team. He's durable, has elite skills as a burner on the outside and a top 5 punt returner.

I don't buy into this me-first selfish reputation he's know for. He produces on the field, plain and simple. He played all 16 games last season and didn't miss a practice.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 04:24:28 PM »
Whatever team decides to sign him(and there will be quite a few takers, I think) will give him at least 15-20 million in guaranteed $ and a multi year contract. He's only 27. He will get a top 10 WR contract with his new team, in my opinion.

I would be in heaven if the Ravens made a play for him. But it won't happen. He brings so much to a team. He's durable, has elite skills as a burner on the outside and a top 5 punt returner.

I don't buy into this me-first selfish reputation he's know for. He produces on the field, plain and simple. He played all 16 games last season and didn't miss a practice.

Yeah.  I'd love to see the Niners sign him, but they don't have the cap space.  He's definitely a difference maker. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »
Yeah.  I'd love to see the Niners sign him, but they don't have the cap space.  He's definitely a difference maker. 

Would you need him with Crabtree and Boldin? You guys are fine at WR, I think.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 04:44:24 PM »
Would you need him with Crabtree and Boldin? You guys are fine at WR, I think.

Don't have a deep threat (other than Davis).  Plus they're not completely sold on LaMichael James as a PR. 

Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, and Jackson would be pretty darn powerful. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 07:05:08 PM »
West Side motherfucka!  Where the gats explode.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 02:14:39 PM »
Jackson to the Skins.  Great signing by them.  And he got paid.  I don't think my Niners could afford him. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 03:30:42 PM »
Redskins better get their O-line in check. Doesn't mean much to have a talent like Jackson around if you can't protect your Qb.

But there will be plays where RG3 extends plays with his feet and that's where a player like Jackson can really hurt you deep.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »
Redskins better get their O-line in check. Doesn't mean much to have a talent like Jackson around if you can't protect your Qb.

But there will be plays where RG3 extends plays with his feet and that's where a player like Jackson can really hurt you deep.

They definitely have the skill position pieces to contend now, but you're right about the O-line.  Won't make a hill of beans difference if they don't take care of RGIII.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 06:15:21 PM »
They definitely have the skill position pieces to contend now, but you're right about the O-line.  Won't make a hill of beans difference if they don't take care of RGIII.

Their defense is shit. They can't stop anybody from scoring. Believe me, I get more than my share of watching Skins games here in Maryland to make that assesment. Worst pass defense in football. Ryan Clark is not going to help in that department.

I predict a 7-9 season, at best. Gruden is an offensive guy all they way but they need loads of help on D.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 06:31:25 PM »

Their defense is shit. They can't stop anybody from scoring. Believe me, I get more than my share of watching Skins games here in Maryland to make that assesment. Worst pass defense in football. Ryan Clark is not going to help in that department.

I predict a 7-9 season, at best. Gruden is an offensive guy all they way but they need loads of help on D.

Wow.  Well you're in a much better position than me to evaluate their prospects.  They should at least be fun to watch on O.  If anything, I hope they beat the Cowboys twice.   :)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »
Wow.  Well you're in a much better position than me to evaluate their prospects.  They should at least be fun to watch on O.  If anything, I hope they beat the Cowboys twice.   :)

The won just 3 games last year because their D was piss poor. Their front seven is decent with Orakbo, Kerrigan, and Hatcher from Dallas.....but their secondary is shit. Deangelo Williams is a playmaker but he's gambles a lot. When he wins a gamble he makes a spectacular play that usually leads to a defensive score. But when he gambles and loses(which happens way more often than when he wins), he gives up a huge play. Their interior secondary plays the run well but lets tons of passes sail behind them.

Yes, on offense they will be fun. I just don't trust RG3's durability. Blown ACL in college, blown ACL his rookie year. He just doesn't know how to avoid big hits. yeah, he can extend a play but he sometimes gets crushed as soon as he releases the ball. I just don't think he's a big enough athlete to withstand the punishment on the pro level. He's not a big guy. He's 210 pounds soaking wet(if that). I'm pulling for the kid, tho. Seems very well grounded and a team first guy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 07:34:21 PM »
The won just 3 games last year because their D was piss poor. Their front seven is decent with Orakbo, Kerrigan, and Hatcher from Dallas.....but their secondary is shit. Deangelo Williams is a playmaker but he's gambles a lot. When he wins a gamble he makes a spectacular play that usually leads to a defensive score. But when he gambles and loses(which happens way more often than when he wins), he gives up a huge play. Their interior secondary plays the run well but lets tons of passes sail behind them.

Yes, on offense they will be fun. I just don't trust RG3's durability. Blown ACL in college, blown ACL his rookie year. He just doesn't know how to avoid big hits. yeah, he can extend a play but he sometimes gets crushed as soon as he releases the ball. I just don't think he's a big enough athlete to withstand the punishment on the pro level. He's not a big guy. He's 210 pounds soaking wet(if that). I'm pulling for the kid, tho. Seems very well grounded and a team first guy.

Sounds like they have the talent.  Maybe a new coaching staff will make a difference? 

We've talked about RGIII's size before.  I don't really see a problem with his size and I'm not sure his injuries are related to his lack of size.  I think he ran quite a bit at Baylor? 

I guess only time will tell whether he's durable enough to last.  But I'll also say durability isn't necessarily related to knee injuries. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 06:46:03 AM »
Sounds like they have the talent.  Maybe a new coaching staff will make a difference? 

We've talked about RGIII's size before.  I don't really see a problem with his size and I'm not sure his injuries are related to his lack of size.  I think he ran quite a bit at Baylor? 

I guess only time will tell whether he's durable enough to last.  But I'll also say durability isn't necessarily related to knee injuries. 

It's either been knee injuries or concussions. Time will tell. But he better learn when to take off and run and to avoid hits a lot better than he has.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 06:57:37 AM »
Giants have the dbacks to cover them :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »
It's either been knee injuries or concussions. Time will tell. But he better learn when to take off and run and to avoid hits a lot better than he has.

Is that why he was injured?  His last last injury in the playoffs happened because Shannon didn't pull him from the game.  I think it was a non-contact injury? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
Giants have the dbacks to cover them :D

Do they have the DEs that can pressure the QB? 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »
Is that why he was injured?  His last last injury in the playoffs happened because Shannon didn't pull him from the game.  I think it was a non-contact injury? 

I meant more over the course of his first two seasons. He sustained a few concussions by extending some plays longer than necessary and not getting rid of the ball soon enough. He's taken a good amount of hits in his first two years.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
Do they have the DEs that can pressure the QB? 

Eh, lets see if JPP can stay healthy and Moore can progress from his rookie year.

...I'm a Tuck fan cut his sack total last year was inflated, 4 in one game a against the crappy Redskins Oline and the rest in the last few games of the year.