Author Topic: Sorry about the earthquake...  (Read 1837 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Sorry about the earthquake...
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:35:48 PM »
It was a deadlift night.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
Re: Sorry about the earthquake...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:38:17 PM »
Los Angeles (CNN) -- A 5.1-magnitude earthquake hit the Los Angeles area Friday night, the USGS reported.

The epicenter was in Orange County near Fullerton, but it rattled residents in nearby areas as well, including Hollywood Hills.

The shaking could be felt for about 15 seconds.

The USGS had earlier reported it as a 5.4-magnitude, but later downgraded it to 5.1.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »
Los Angeles (CNN) -- A 5.1-magnitude earthquake hit the Los Angeles area Friday night, the USGS reported.

The epicenter was in Orange County near Fullerton, but it rattled residents in nearby areas as well, including Hollywood Hills.

The shaking could be felt for about 15 seconds.

The USGS had earlier reported it as a 5.4-magnitude, but later downgraded it to 5.1.
child's play

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »
pro bodybuilders don't deadlift anymore.  They use the hyperextension machine + hgh + insulin + really delicious junk food.

the trainer

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 10:20:28 PM »
I thought it was my hips thrusting into the bed that caused it.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 10:38:47 PM »
I hope everyone is safe there.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 10:42:30 PM »
How long until california breaks off and floats away?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 03:21:46 AM »
How long until california breaks off and floats away?

Soon.

Im on a peninsula... Im fucked.

visualizeperfection will be visualizing a rising tide....

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 04:19:39 AM »
More likely cswol deadlifting with chaos flipping a tire

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 07:07:04 AM »
That was one of the longest earthquakes I have felt. Rolled for awhile..  

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 09:37:24 AM »
In 1994 the Northridge earthquake at 6.7 hit L.A.s San Fernando Valley. 57 dead and 20 Billion in damage. And on the scale of things that was a medium variety. If a 7.9 or larger hits its lights out. Up to 60,000 dead in one minute, nowhere to mass bury them but in landfills or the front yard with no time for religious services, police and fire/paramedics will not be able to patrol streets as all bridges will be down and streets ripped up, gangs will take over the neighborhoods, no water, electricity, fuel or food, massive looting for survival, personal guns will be out and open for protection, nights will ring with gun fire, and the Marines will be brought in to assist the National Guard in a six month long civil restoration. An additional 50,000 will die from starvation, dehydration, disease and untreated gun shot wounds. The stench of death will gag the air. It will take 5 years to rebuild.

I don't miss L.A. or California.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 09:51:37 AM »
In 1994 the Northridge earthquake at 6.7 hit L.A.s San Fernando Valley. 57 dead and 20 Billion in damage. And on the scale of things that was a medium variety. If a 7.9 or larger hits its lights out. Up to 60,000 dead in one minute, nowhere to mass bury them but in landfills or the front yard with no time for religious services, police and fire/paramedics will not be able to patrol streets as all bridges will be down and streets ripped up, gangs will take over the neighborhoods, no water, electricity, fuel or food, massive looting for survival, personal guns will be out and open for protection, nights will ring with gun fire, and the Marines will be brought in to assist the National Guard in a six month long civil restoration. An additional 50,000 will die from starvation, dehydration, disease and untreated gun shot wounds. The stench of death will gag the air. It will take 5 years to rebuild.

I don't miss L.A. or California.
Always wondered how MCB Camp Pendleton would fare when the big one hits Kalifornia.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 10:39:03 AM »
This makes me wonder though...

How much weight would actually need to fall to the earth to cause a 5.1 earthquake?

I've read that on 9/11 each of the Twin Towers produced a 2.3 earthquake when they fell.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »
We just had a 4.1-4.5 aftershock on the same fault line.    PIP

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 03:05:59 PM »
We just had a 4.1-4.5 aftershock on the same fault line.    PIP

I felt that too.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 03:09:40 PM »
So cal is one big Indo Board lately.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 11:12:48 AM »
The California one is not that scary. This Yellowstone one is:

Earthquake Rattles Yellowstone National Park, No Damage Reported

A 4.8 magnitude earthquake rocked Yellowstone National Park in Montana early Sunday, but there were no immediate reports of damage.

Peter Cervelli, a spokesman for the U.S. Geological Survey’s Yellowstone Volcano Observatory said the quake, which hit at 6:34 a.m. local time, was centered almost in the middle of Yellowstone National Park, near the Norris Geyser Basin. He said any damage from the temblor would likely be minor, adding that there are not many visitors in the park at the moment.

The quake was not expected to trigger any volcanic activity, Cervelli said.

Jessica Turner, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Service, said the quake was the most powerful to hit the park since 1985. She said residents in the town of West Yellowstone felt the quake.
First published March 30th 2014, 10:34 am

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 10:23:18 PM »
Once around the ring of fire...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/deadly-8-2-earthquake-strikes-chile-coast-tsunami-warning-issued-n69266

Deadly 8.2 Earthquake Strikes Off Chile Coast, Tsunami Warning Issued

By Daniel Arkin

A massive earthquake struck off the coast of Chile late Tuesday near the port city of Iquique, according to the U.S. Geological Survey — killing five, injuring three, and triggering tsunami warnings for a long arm of Latin America’s Pacific coast.

The dead include four men and one woman, who died from falling debris or heart attacks. Interior Minister Rodrigo Penailillo said.

The magnitude 8.2 temblor struck roughly 62 miles northwest of Iquique and was shallow at 12.5 miles below the seabed, the USGS said.

Officials urged all residents near coastal areas to evacuate inland because of tsunami fears, but warned warned people to exercise caution while doing so.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center, part of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, issued an "expanding tsunami warning" along the coasts of Chile and Peru. A tsunami warning for Ecuador was canceled, as were tsunami watches in a much broader area encompassing Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and El Salvador.

The tsunami alert "will keep for six hours," according to a tweet from Chile’s Minister of the Interior and Public Security.

Chile’s navy said the first tsunami hit the coast within 45 minutes of the quake. A wave measuring almost six feet was generated off the northern coast, the U.S. Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said.

“It may have been destructive along coasts near the earthquake epicenter and could also be a threat to more distant coasts,” said the center. “Authorities should take appropriate action in response to this possibility.”

Chile’s emergency office said it had received initial reports that the huge quake caused landslides, which were partially cutting off some roads and highways.

Chilean television broadcast images of traffic jams as people scrambled to evacuate.

Some houses were destroyed in the nearby city of Arica, according to Mayor Salvador Urrutia. And some older structures were ruined in the village of Huara, according to Mayor Carlos Silva.

The town of Iquique is a key copper exporting port, close to Chile's main copper mines. State-owned miner Codelco reported no harm to its workers or mines, and said its operations in northern Chile were normal.

Tuesday night's earthquake came on the heels of a March 16 quake with a magnitude-6.7, also off Iquique, which is home to 180,000 people.

A monstrous 9.0-magnitude quake that hit Japan in 2011 triggered a tsunami that reached heights of up to 133 feet, leaving 16,000 dead, 6,000 injured and more than 3,000 missing, according to NOAA.

And the Chile quake comes nearly a decade after a Dec. 26, 2004 quake with a magnitude of 9.0 triggered a horrific tsunami in the Indian Ocean that killed at least 216,000 people in one of the world’s worst natural disasters on record.

Chile is vulnerable to quakes: A magnitude-8.8 earthquake and subsequent tsunami in central Chile in 2010 killed more than 500 people, decimated 220,000 homes and washed away docks, riverfronts and seaside resorts.

The strongest earthquake ever recorded on the planet also struck Chile — a magnitude-9.5 quake in 1960 that killed over 5,000 people.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 06:25:04 PM »
jann jannn

Another Armenian on my hands? lol

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 09:16:06 PM »
Another Armenian on my hands? lol

No, I just know a thing or two about you people  ;)

I dated one for a few months...

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 10:52:06 PM »
No, I just know a thing or two about you people  ;)

I dated one for a few months...

Nice...well "jan" is the perfect thing to learn  :)

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 10:55:16 PM »
Nice...well "jan" is the perfect thing to learn  :)

She was a great girl.

Her family was shady as fuck. First time I met her family, her uncle tried to sell me a salvage titled car, no joke.

Arpi, thats not you is it?? lol