Author Topic: Motivation for Fatties on a Diet...  (Read 5102 times)

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
Motivation for Fatties on a Diet...
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:19:05 PM »
....or anyone, for that matter.

This may be of no one's concern, but I happened to flip over to the NBC show "the biggest loser" at a Law & Order commercial last night.  One of the male contestants went from approx. 350 lbs to a pretty damn ripped 177.  It was inspirational.  The guy, who just a short while earlier was an enormously fat slob, was the picture of fitness.  Pretty motivating.  Just shows that if you stick with it good things will follow.
:-)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Motivation for Fatties on a Diet...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 07:29:31 PM »
....or anyone, for that matter.

This may be of no one's concern, but I happened to flip over to the NBC show "the biggest loser" at a Law & Order commercial last night.  One of the male contestants went from approx. 350 lbs to a pretty damn ripped 177.  It was inspirational.  The guy, who just a short while earlier was an enormously fat slob, was the picture of fitness.  Pretty motivating.  Just shows that if you stick with it good things will follow.

Being in a controlled environment sure helps 'eh  :P
:

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 09:04:20 PM »
Being in a controlled environment sure helps 'eh

well, yeah, true...but the other guy didn't look nearly as good.  and the one guys wife was still pretty fat.

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 09:11:17 PM »
they weren't in a controlled environment they did this on their own over 5 months away from the ranch.
SG  ::)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 09:59:45 PM »
they weren't in a controlled environment they did this on their own over 5 months away from the ranch.
SG  ::)

Okay ~ so I didn't watch the program  :P but their website says The Biggest Loser will survive frequent temptations and weekly eliminations as they are put through a supervised crash program of weight loss to win  With all that $ka ching$ in front of them, it's a helluva lot more "control" than I have
:

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 03:32:48 AM »
That would have been Matt; http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/contestants/matt/

Read carefully, former athlete.

I don't buy it. I think he framed the whole thing. Gaining a load of fat, and supposedly losing it during the show.
Besides that, theres a thing called musclememory, if you have been an athlete for a long time, it's easy to regain you mussclemass.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 07:27:17 AM »
That would have been Matt; http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/contestants/matt/

Read carefully, former athlete.

I don't buy it. I think he framed the whole thing. Gaining a load of fat, and supposedly losing it during the show.
Besides that, theres a thing called musclememory, if you have been an athlete for a long time, it's easy to regain you mussclemass.

yeah, but dude....it's not like it was a Muscletech or Twinlab ad in a bodybuilding magazien....I mean the guy lost over 150 pounds!  So, i'm sure as a former athlete he had the advantage over some geek who'd been tubby his whole life, still...aren't most get biggers, to a certain extent, athletes?  Usually former athletes?  Even that fat ones that are on massive diets?  I wouldn't post this comment in "Average Joe" forum and suggest that all fat people should take a hint.....but those with access to lifting, with muscle memory, and with a good bit of fat to lose should be inspired.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 08:55:31 AM »
I don't care what the elements are, you lose 150 pounds, thats an achievement.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 09:58:05 AM »
I don't care what the elements are, you lose 150 pounds, thats an achievement.

there! thank you!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 10:45:40 AM »
This is motivation.  This is what I used to get.  Now even though I have not changed a bit with my personality my body has changed greatly.  And now, this type of girl jsut doesn';t seem that interested in me anymore.  I have and stillmake friends like this but they are just friends.  I never really had a "just friend" hot chick.  I have almost always at least had some kind of sex with them.  But, now it is mostly friend crap.  So, getting in shape tobe able to obtain this again is a big driving force in my training now,  Plus I want to be around for my grandchild and daughters.

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 10:48:17 AM »

With all that $ka ching$ in front of them, it's a helluva lot more "control" than I have

alot of people have money as an incentive to lose weight.    its not as explicit as waving a thousand dollars in front of them, but nonetheless its there all the time.  save on health insurance, save on food, save on medical bills, save on airplane tickets if your to obese.   

imo 150 lbs is impressive regardless the situation. 

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 03:28:27 PM »
the supervised program was for the individuals,the show the original post referred to was the couples version            which was  unsupervised after  the first two weeks....

my  wife watches them all..... ::)

SG ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 03:47:06 PM »
This is motivation.  This is what I used to get.  Now even though I have not changed a bit with my personality my body has changed greatly.  And now, this type of girl jsut doesn';t seem that interested in me anymore.  I have and stillmake friends like this but they are just friends.  I never really had a "just friend" hot chick.  I have almost always at least had some kind of sex with them.  But, now it is mostly friend crap.  So, getting in shape tobe able to obtain this again is a big driving force in my training now,  Plus I want to be around for my grandchild and daughters.

OnlyMe, ...all hostility aside, ...I would beg to differ.

Even though you think, your personality hasn't changed, it has. With the additional weight that you are painfully aware of, your confidence level has to go down, and that will affect your personality and how you come across to women.

The good news is... since you now only get these hot chicks as friends, ...once you lose the weight, ...and get your confidence back, they'll see you with whole new eyes. And you'll be that much farther ahead, because when they fall, they'll fall HARD, 'cause they will already have liked you as a friend first.

I read your comments in another thread about the challenges you're having with Cassie.
Glad to hear she safe & sound.

ps - That is one helluva cute grandbaby
w

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 05:31:29 PM »
OnlyMe, ...all hostility aside, ...I would beg to differ.

Even though you think, your personality hasn't changed, it has. With the additional weight that you are painfully aware of, your confidence level has to go down, and that will affect your personality and how you come across to women.

The good news is... since you now only get these hot chicks as friends, ...once you lose the weight, ...and get your confidence back, they'll see you with whole new eyes. And you'll be that much farther ahead, because when they fall, they'll fall HARD, 'cause they will already have liked you as a friend first.

I'm embarassed to admit that I agree :o

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 07:22:48 PM »
I'm embarassed to admit that I agree :o

:o Oh my goodness! What is this... the 2nd, maybe even the 3rd time we've agreed?

Folks, get ready to meet your makers, ...cause we are definitely IN THE END TIMES!  ;D
w

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 08:17:42 PM »
Ohh my god Jag you are nice to me.  Lets go out now.  And yes the one thing that has changed is my confidence and I mention it quite often.  An example is.  The new owner of our gym is very nice looking and has a great body.  She is really making her presence known.  Every guy wants her.  Anyway, she found some old pics of me in the hall closet.  She cam out to me and asked me "is this you."  I said.  She said oh my god.  I said yea well now I'm fat and ugly.  She said you are far from ugly in fact very handsome.  I waited a couple seconds and said but I am fat.  She said well don't worry cause I know you'll take the weight off, and you still look good.  I said yea right. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 09:32:36 PM »
Ohh my god Jag you are nice to me.  Lets go out now.

That would never happen in a million years!
I'd rather be sodomized by a chain saw than go out with an ugly pig like you!  >:(

I've seen your picture, and you are a good looking guy, ...very good looking.
But it's not the weight that makes you an ugly pig, it's the mean-spirited personality.

Lose all the weight you want, shape up, buff up, trim down til the cows come home...
...you'll simply be a good looking, buff, muscular, ugly pig, ...or maybe not?

Who knows? Maybe regaining your confidence and finally feeling good about yourself again could allow some of your more gracious qualities to shine through, and you'll stop wallowing in the personal pity-party that just makes you so downright ugly towards people.
w

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 03:27:15 AM »
I'd rather be sodomized by a chain saw than go out with an ugly pig like you!

Jag now you're talking up my alley.  I can make this happen!

By the way, anything I say bad to anyone on this board ever is all in jest.  There is no one on here that I have seen that I could actually hate.  There are a few who I think are completely delirious.  I have my fun and believe me it's fun.  But, probably one of the most things people who know me is how nice I am to everyone.  What I say on here is just my creative juices typing.  I think just about everyone can tell that from me on here.  Except you.  I tell my stories because even though they are 100% true, they are funny.  I can't help that.  And, if people like them then great.  So settle down or Vince is going to come on here and prescribed some be pollen shit for you to take a couple times a day.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 04:10:54 AM »
Jag now you're talking up my alley.  I can make this happen!

:o     :o    :o    :-X
w

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 09:11:33 AM »
That would never happen in a million years!
I'd rather be sodomized by a chain saw than go out with an ugly pig like you!  >:(

I've seen your picture, and you are a good looking guy, ...very good looking.
But it's not the weight that makes you an ugly pig, it's the mean-spirited personality.

Lose all the weight you want, shape up, buff up, trim down til the cows come home...
...you'll simply be a good looking, buff, muscular, ugly pig, ...or maybe not?

Who knows? Maybe regaining your confidence and finally feeling good about yourself again could allow some of your more gracious qualities to shine through, and you'll stop wallowing in the personal pity-party that just makes you so downright ugly towards people.
pot meet kettle.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 11:38:20 AM »
pot meet kettle.

Now that's funny