Author Topic: Manny tarnished Floyds legacy without even fighting him  (Read 2063 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Manny tarnished Floyds legacy without even fighting him
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:06:05 PM »
After defeating DLH, Floyd publicly retired only to comeback because there was no consistency, etc. in championship boxing

We all know its due to the fact during his retirement a chinaman became p4p 1 in 'his' sport yet he did not fight Manny

regardless of money or politic issues the hoodrat should be chastised foreva

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Manny tarnished Floyds legacy without even fighting him
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »
greatest hits

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »
like our resident psuedo cuban has stated floyd he will end his career against mexican punchers

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 05:16:01 PM »
i know maidana is argentine but he still mestizo itlaian/native ie mexican

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »
Floyd will never loose period. Even this people can't get over his gimmick he is the beat fighter in the world

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
I think we all know what is going to happen. He will retire undefeated only to almost go broke and be forced to fight and lose well past his prime.

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 09:55:39 PM »
I think we all know what is going to happen. He will retire undefeated only to almost go broke and be forced to fight and lose well past his prime.

He has over a 100 million dollars in liquid assets, as long as he can keep his gambling habits in check he should be ok but I doubt it and before you mention Tyson remember that he never actually had all that cash at once he squandered over a long period of time while never keeping any liquid assets for very long. I think Floyd could very well end up broke but he seems to have better advisers than Tyson.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »
Yeah, great fighter, but they'll always be the "what if" and "cherry pick" taint to his legacy among many boxing fans because the  Pacquiao fight never happened.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2014/marvellous-marvin-hagler-is-not-so-sure-about-floyd-mayweather-and-his-legacy-if-he-doesnt-face-pacquiao-khan/ .

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 09:38:03 PM »
its true

FMW will always be remembered for ducking Pac, even if FMW retired unbeaten

Hagler fought EVERYBODY including the guys no one wanted to fight like Hearns, Ray Leonard and Mugabi (when he was the most feared in the middleweight division)

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 09:52:02 PM »

He has over a 100 million dollars in liquid assets, as long as he can keep his gambling habits in check he should be ok but I doubt it and before you mention Tyson remember that he never actually had all that cash at once he squandered over a long period of time while never keeping any liquid assets for very long. I think Floyd could very well end up broke but he seems to have better advisers than Tyson.

List the assets, I doubt mayweather has the asset pool with his IRS history, neverless he will end up like Roy, fighting and getting beaten by chumps ten years from now, by guys who at his peak couldn't spar with him.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 09:55:43 PM »
The biggest shame about Floyd's career is that he never really dared to be great.  I think he is better and tougher than he gives himself credit for.  When he fought Mosley, although Mosley was way past his prime, he looked like the bigger, more physical fighter.  I just think he was capable of so much more.  Prime Manny and Floyd would have been good.  I would have wanted Manny to win, but if he didn't stop Floyd early, I think Floyd would make adjustments and either stop Manny late or win on points.  Even now, I'd like to see the fight.  I think Manny is the only guy with the tools to give Floyd fits.  Manny is still quick both of hand and foot and has real pop on his punches.  What a shame for boxing.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 11:29:14 PM »
The biggest shame about Floyd's career is that he never really dared to be great.  I think he is better and tougher than he gives himself credit for.  When he fought Mosley, although Mosley was way past his prime, he looked like the bigger, more physical fighter.  I just think he was capable of so much more.  Prime Manny and Floyd would have been good.  I would have wanted Manny to win, but if he didn't stop Floyd early, I think Floyd would make adjustments and either stop Manny late or win on points.  Even now, I'd like to see the fight.  I think Manny is the only guy with the tools to give Floyd fits.  Manny is still quick both of hand and foot and has real pop on his punches.  What a shame for boxing.

He fucks Manny Prime.  Judah with a head on his shoulders would defeat FMW.  I'd beat it all he takes a SD in the wrong direction if he fought Bradley and Lara back - back.  That's not happening, so he finishes undefeated on a menu of Maidana, Khan and some Mexican slug he will line up on the Khan under card. Ishe Smith was a mainstay on his under card but he moved him to Friday to make sure his core and the b e a n e r s didn't see that fight. Guess who people would have called for when he puts up his BS Facebook poll? I don't think he goes broke like some people think.  BTW, at some pt Manny has to be released from his Top Rank contract but he will be shot to hell.  FMW takes that fight as his final mega payday.  Are his reflexes going at 37-38?  Look at the Cotto fight since Cotto is a tad bit faster than the avg Mexican slugger. FMW conveniently blamed that performance on Roger.