Author Topic: What is happening on this board?  (Read 15383 times)

falco

• Getbig V
Re: What is happening on this board?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 03:21:14 AM »
Haha you know you love it ;D

Plenty of normal bodybuilding boards out there, only one getbig though

This.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 08:58:53 AM »
maybe we all need god

oh right---theres no such thing

oh brother isnt a big arc with animals cruising around  ::)

Well, it's fine you feel this way and I understand it.   I can assure you of his reality and that he's changed me. 

I know that concept sounds and feels foreign and strange, but the reality of God is truly at your fingertips if you simply believe.   If he can change a man like me he can work through anyone! 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 09:44:26 AM »
Well, it's fine you feel this way and I understand it.   I can assure you of his reality and that he's changed me. 

I know that concept sounds and feels foreign and strange, but the reality of God is truly at your fingertips if you simply believe.   If he can change a man like me he can work through anyone! 

the question is, why does he need to believe in God? You keep saying God can change people? Why would I need God to change me?

You throw out these asinine statements with nothing to hold them up. Its just plain stupidity.
X

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 09:46:29 AM »
No one is trying to sell me anything or use me to get what they want.  Offensive as we are at times, it's a great escape from the smiling villainy of the world.

redemption83

• Getbig I
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »
It's too bad that so many people have so much hatred in their hearts and souls right now and trust me when I say: "This does NOT come from God"
Amen Brother, respect

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »

the question is, why does he need to believe in God? You keep saying God can change people? Why would I need God to change me?

You throw out these asinine statements with nothing to hold them up. Its just plain stupidity.

Only through Jesus Christ can we be cleansed of our sins and aligned with him.  All we must do is believe.

If you have no comprehension of God then you would have no comprehension of sin (an offense against God) and you would find my comments asinine, but that doesn't in anyway whatsoever prevent me from wanting to share Christ with you.  

As a believer I'm going to be insulted and beaten down and ridiculed, but that's ok with me because my hope rests firmly in Jesus Christ.  I desire to spread that hope to others, but if that is spit back in my face that's ok....that will happen today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life.  But when those that don't know Christ come to him and desire to know his reality then it's all worth it.  

My call from Jesus Christ is to spread his gospel and live out my faith....I simply plant seeds for his kingdom.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe in 2 years or maybe in 25 years you'll feel differently and seek his will for your life (or maybe you won't...that's your choice), but it's never about MOS (I am meaningless).....it's about bringing glory to Christ Jesus.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »
Only through Jesus Christ can we be cleansed of our sins and aligned with him.  All we must do is believe.

If you have no comprehension of God then you would have no comprehension of sin (an offense against God) and you would find my comments asinine, but that doesn't in anyway whatsoever prevent me from wanting to share Christ with you.  

As a believer I'm going to be insulted and beaten down and ridiculed, but that's ok with me because my hope rests firmly in Jesus Christ.  I desire to spread that hope to others, but if that is spit back in my face that's ok....that will happen today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life.  But when those that don't know Christ come to him and desire to know his reality then it's all worth it.  

My call from Jesus Christ is to spread his gospel and live out my faith....I simply plant seeds for his kingdom.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe in 2 years or maybe in 25 years you'll feel differently and seek his will for your life (or maybe you won't...that's your choice), but it's never about MOS (I am meaningless).....it's about bringing glory to Christ Jesus.

People understand the concept of right and wrong without having a belief in god.    For thousands of years men and women have been kind, merciful and loving without believing in or having any concept of the judeo-chrisrian god. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »

No offense, but you're pretty dense. You're throwing out the same old lines AGAIN!! You just say stuff like, "Only through Jesus Christ can we be cleansed of our sins and aligned with him.  All we must do is believe."

TELL ME THE WHY THIS MATTERS!! WHY MUST WE BE ALIGNED WITH JESUS CHRIST?
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 10:35:26 AM »

People understand the concept of right and wrong without having a belief in god.    For thousands of years men and women have been kind, merciful and loving without believing in or having any concept of the judeo-chrisrian god. 

But humanity also defines right and wrong according to its terms and that doesn't always align with God. 

Within this generation of tolerance we often adopt causes and practices that stand firmly opposed to God's will and no matter how kind and loving we are within those human standards we are not aligned with him.   

We can stand arm-in-arm singing together in mass chorus in support of a cause that defies God and have accomplished nothing to cleanse our sin; in fact, we've oft times only increased the volume of sin.

You never once need to come to God to live out a moment of your life on this earth.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2014, 10:36:12 AM »
No offense, but you're pretty dense. You're throwing out the same old lines AGAIN!! You just say stuff like, "Only through Jesus Christ can we be cleansed of our sins and aligned with him.  All we must do is believe."

TELL ME THE WHY THIS MATTERS!! WHY MUST WE BE ALIGNED WITH JESUS CHRIST?

Only through Jesus Christ can we be cleansed of our sins and aligned with him so that we can live eternally with him.  All we must do is believe.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 10:36:45 AM »
MOS is too pure for this board

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 10:37:24 AM »
the reality of God is truly at your fingertips if you simply believe.   

All due respect, my friend, but 'simply believing' is anything but simple.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »
But humanity also defines right and wrong according to its terms and that doesn't always align with God. 

Within this generation of tolerance we often adopt causes and practices that stand firmly opposed to God's will and no matter how kind and loving we are within those human standards we are not aligned with him.   

We can stand arm-in-arm singing together in mass chorus in support of a cause that defies God and have accomplished nothing to cleanse our sin; in fact, we've oft times only increased the volume of sin.

You never once need to come to God to live out a moment of your life on this earth.

And religion defines terms of right and wrong that are completely misaligned with modern living. The denial of  equal rights for women, the endorsement of slavery are but two examples.   Even democracy is biblically a foreign concept.   Im not attacking your faith.  If you need it to make yourself a better person so be it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2014, 07:27:31 PM »
And religion defines terms of right and wrong that are completely misaligned with modern living. The denial of  equal rights for women, the endorsement of slavery are but two examples.   Even democracy is biblically a foreign concept.   Im not attacking your faith.  If you need it to make yourself a better person so be it.

Rules for slavery regarding Israel in the OT had nothing to do with the antebellum South or the slavery they were delivered from in Egypt.  Two entirely different things....one was forced (antebellum South and Egypt) and the other was voluntary/customary for debt payment (Israel).  One was about inhumanity (antebellum South and Egypt) and one was about the preservation of humanity and rights of the servant/slave while working off individual or family debt (Israel).  The word "slave" is always incorrecty associated with the antebellum South...just not the case for OT Israel.

The rules for "slavery" in the bible were about the preservation of humanity and dignity of bond servants working off debt for their families or the "slave" individually.  Many slaves/bond servants ended up staying with the very owner/family they worked for after their debts were satisfied because they chose to.  Many became full-time hands on the owners land receiving a normal wage.  These folks weren't "picking the cotton on Massah's plantation" and then gettin beaten and raped in the evenings.....no, no, no...that's simple ignorance.

I know you have serious issues with slavery in the bible, but the "issue of slavery" doesn't carry the negative connotation you force fit onto it.  You need to understand the culture and history of the Israelites....they were delievered from forced "work til you die" slavery in Egypt.  Our God that freed them didn't turn around and say, "Ok, now y'all go ahead and enslave others in the same manner you were just freed from".   

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 07:56:11 PM »
I get that too.

But we are in 2014 and a civilized society. This isnt Sparta, I have worked for very powerful people that can literally ruin your career, life, reputation and demoralize you with a phonecall or thirty second speech, and I would be able to physically destroy them. Its a different ball game now.

Exactly ~

Fighting only puts you in jail, especially if you sock a "Yuppee"

Social Media. That's where we live and that's where the typical Yuppee excels ~

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 08:06:21 PM »
BTW, instead of us arguing for the Good Lord above, the one who allows us to take our every breath...

Why don't we just let Him do the work?

We are not arguing or stating our positions correctly and it really cannot be done on a message board.

God takes who He wants. Yes, you have to want Him also, but remember... you are NOT arguing with another person. You are trying to argue with a lost soul that is being controlled by a powerful entity. This is NOT meant to be a put-down on the person. We all fall short of the Glory of God, but even the Angels take caution in arguing with the Master Deceiver.

Let it be.

Actions speak louder than words.

Don't let the Deceiver laugh and mock us. It only gives him more Octane fuel.

he is rampant in this world... this fallen world and if anyone here for one second thinks that the deceiver is NOT rampant on this board...

well.... my heart is saddened.

Think hard. "Master Deceiver" ~ but don't give him more credit than he deserves, just give God the credit and let Him do His work.

A man has to open his heart on his own. A man has to ask on his own. The Bible say's that every man will at some point have his opportunity. Free choice. He can choose however his heart desires.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 08:09:02 PM »
Rules for slavery regarding Israel in the OT had nothing to do with the antebellum South or the slavery they were delivered from in Egypt.  Two entirely different things....one was forced (antebellum South and Egypt) and the other was voluntary/customary for debt payment (Israel).  One was about inhumanity (antebellum South and Egypt) and one was about the preservation of humanity and rights of the servant/slave while working off individual or family debt (Israel).  The word "slave" is always incorrecty associated with the antebellum South...just not the case for OT Israel.

The rules for "slavery" in the bible were about the preservation of humanity and dignity of bond servants working off debt for their families or the "slave" individually.  Many slaves/bond servants ended up staying with the very owner/family they worked for after their debts were satisfied because they chose to.  Many became full-time hands on the owners land receiving a normal wage.  These folks weren't "picking the cotton on Massah's plantation" and then gettin beaten and raped in the evenings.....no, no, no...that's simple ignorance.

I know you have serious issues with slavery in the bible, but the "issue of slavery" doesn't carry the negative connotation you force fit onto it.  You need to understand the culture and history of the Israelites....they were delievered from forced "work til you die" slavery in Egypt.  Our God that freed them didn't turn around and say, "Ok, now y'all go ahead and enslave others in the same manner you were just freed from".   

haha, bullshit. The bible condoned slavery and it condones the degradation of women. Stop trying to put a "spin" on your fairy take book. The bible condones a lot of bad shit. Grow up.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »

haha, bullshit. The bible condoned slavery and it condones the degradation of women. Stop trying to put a "spin" on your fairy take book. The bible condones a lot of bad shit. Grow up.

I'm sorry but your objections are based in ignorance.  You really want them to be correct and they are not.  These are the classic examples I defend against.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »
lol it's the first time I see a post of yours and you have +20000 posts. ???

This board is nothing like it used to be. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2014, 08:59:53 PM »
I'm sorry but your objections are based in ignorance.  You really want them to be correct and they are not.  These are the classic examples I defend against.

lol. Are you kidding me? The bible degrades women. It makes women subservient to man and degrades them. Seriously, grow up and look at reality.

I feel really sorry for you. You're so blinded and brainwashed. I could never live like that.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »
This board is nothing like it used to be. 

People get older and move on. It happens.  :-\ :-\
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2014, 09:07:24 PM »
You heathens are no different than your forefathers. When my people went throughout the lands to spread the words of The Most High, The God of Y'srael and my ancestors, you talked shit then.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2014, 09:08:30 PM »
let em know wiggs.

let me know.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 05:38:22 AM »
Rules for slavery regarding Israel in the OT had nothing to do with the antebellum South or the slavery they were delivered from in Egypt.  Two entirely different things....one was forced (antebellum South and Egypt) and the other was voluntary/customary for debt payment (Israel).  One was about inhumanity (antebellum South and Egypt) and one was about the preservation of humanity and rights of the servant/slave while working off individual or family debt (Israel).  The word "slave" is always incorrecty associated with the antebellum South...just not the case for OT Israel.

The rules for "slavery" in the bible were about the preservation of humanity and dignity of bond servants working off debt for their families or the "slave" individually.  Many slaves/bond servants ended up staying with the very owner/family they worked for after their debts were satisfied because they chose to.  Many became full-time hands on the owners land receiving a normal wage.  These folks weren't "picking the cotton on Massah's plantation" and then gettin beaten and raped in the evenings.....no, no, no...that's simple ignorance.

I know you have serious issues with slavery in the bible, but the "issue of slavery" doesn't carry the negative connotation you force fit onto it.  You need to understand the culture and history of the Israelites....they were delievered from forced "work til you die" slavery in Egypt.  Our God that freed them didn't turn around and say, "Ok, now y'all go ahead and enslave others in the same manner you were just freed from".    
This is completely untrue.  Every bit of it.  You're attempting to polish a turd.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 05:50:14 AM »
This is completely untrue.  Every bit of it.

I'm sorry you don't like my reply, but you're are incorrect.  

The historical and cultural practice of slavery in the ancient near east and the use of bond servants within ancient Israel is simply not in dispute.  

I can only assume you've never heard resolution to this objection before.