Author Topic: Sleeves  (Read 15506 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Sleeves
« on: March 29, 2014, 06:29:34 PM »
Anyone use sleeves for squatting or elbow sleeves for pressing? What brand/styles? I have Rehband knee sleeves, the blue ones for strongman stuff, was wondering if sleeves were worth the cost for weightlifting.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Sleeves
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »
I use those for both.....they cost the most but appear to be the best. Some guys use those and then put the Inzer ones them to give the most support.
L

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »
I use those for both.....they cost the most but appear to be the best. Some guys use those and then put the Inzer ones them to give the most support.
Do you squat with them on? I can't find the blue Rehband elbow sleeves.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 07:38:43 PM »
Sorry bro... didn't see this , go to Jackals gym. Only place in America u can get them as I've heard. I squat with them....I'm a "raw" competitor so that's all I use. I also wear the warm pants during training for squats and any strongman shit that I do. I've competed in them in some smaller powerlifting comps that allow it. 

https://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?cat_id=RH
L

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 09:34:20 PM »
Sorry bro... didn't see this , go to Jackals gym. Only place in America u can get them as I've heard. I squat with them....I'm a "raw" competitor so that's all I use. I also wear the warm pants during training for squats and any strongman shit that I do. I've competed in them in some smaller powerlifting comps that allow it. 

https://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?cat_id=RH

I already got them from there, just wondering about using them for squatting. Do you get pinched on the back of your knees at all? Do you think they help support the knee or just keep it warm?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
I competed over the weekend...did a 485/510/525 squat in them. I've never had issues with that...just make sure you sized them right. I use mine for strongman stuff as well and move in them and never had an issue with pinching, maybe a little slippage but mine are tight. I think they're good support and because of the Feds I compete in, I would be considered geared if I used wraps. I've seen where some people think they actually hurt or prevented them from squatting but I love them.
L

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 08:00:45 PM »
I competed over the weekend...did a 485/510/525 squat in them. I've never had issues with that...just make sure you sized them right. I use mine for strongman stuff as well and move in them and never had an issue with pinching, maybe a little slippage but mine are tight. I think they're good support and because of the Feds I compete in, I would be considered geared if I used wraps. I've seen where some people think they actually hurt or prevented them from squatting but I love them.
I may give them a legit try next week. What's the worst that happens? :P
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 08:22:10 AM »
U could end up like Brandon Lilly...but fuck it, train like a savage.
L

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 02:03:29 AM »
U could end up like Brandon Lilly...but fuck it, train like a savage.

you think his super wraps had something to do with his injury? i've heard of this before. too much support/tightness throws shit out of line in your knee and can cause rubbing of shit thats not supposed to rub.
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »
I guess he changed diets and approach for this meet....I run the cube and have a for about a year and ahalf. I gain between 30 and 50lbs per meet on it and we follow it religiously...no missed weight or days. He went against his own programming.
L

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 01:43:58 PM »
For knee sleeves elite makes some great ones !!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 08:42:33 AM »
Everybody I train with uses theirs. They're cloth and u will get a lot of help with those.
L

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 09:06:51 PM »
I wear rehbands to squat. The blue ones.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
I wore my rehbands until they fell apart and science has not developed a cleaner that could remove their stench.  I'm interested in the ones with straps.

Currently use these fo full effort gym lifts:  more a security blanket

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
SBD's..u get pretty good pop.  $90 per pair and really pay attention to the size chart. They do not go on easy. The quality is a bit better the rehbands..which I use for deads and everything else. I squatted 490 in them at a meet yesterday...brand new pair.
L