Author Topic: How many Olympias would Wheeler have won if he had shredded hamstrings/glutes?  (Read 4624 times)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
His only weak points.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
how far would he go without the oil?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
How far would he go if Yates, Ronnie, levrone didn't compete?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
When he see him in person next to Coleman and Yates, it really wasn't even close.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
Flex would have won at least in 98. The judging was very close between himself and Coleman, and had Flex brought in the aforementioned areas he would have been given the nod over Coleman. He may have won in 99 as well.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Flex's losses had much more to do with politics than people know.

We hear the word often in association with judging and the "sport" but I don't think many of us realize the true impact of the word.

Nobody really wants to come out and say "dirty" or "payoff" ~ it's like some kind of taboo.

Flex was awesome many times. So was Shawn.

These guys have pretty much kept their mouths shut about what was going on (yes, even Shawn) and because of this they remain in good standing with the IFBB today.

I've had the... "opportunity" ??? to sit on a few judging panels with NPC competitors and it really is astounding at what words are spoken and what kinds of things go on behind the scenes. I suppose you could call it 'dirty little secrets?"

If only.

If only the competitors were judged according to their appearance and their conditioning.

Neptune100

• Getbig III

We hear the word often in association with judging and the "sport" but I don't think many of us realize the true impact of the word.

Nobody really wants to come out and say "dirty" or "payoff" ~ it's like some kind of taboo.

These guys have pretty much kept their mouths shut about what was going on (yes, even Shawn) and because of this they remain in good standing with the IFBB today.

I've had the... "opportunity" ??? to sit on a few judging panels with NPC competitors and it really is astounding at what words are spoken and what kinds of things go on behind the scenes. I suppose you could call it 'dirty little secrets?"

If only.

If only the competitors were judged according to their appearance and their conditioning.

Too true. Nothing worse than seeing politics take place in a bodybuilding lineup. The guy with the best physique that day should win. Plain and simple.  I hate to bang on the guy but Jay Cutler is the poster boy for a guy who got awarded alot of bullshit placings and victories due to politics.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I think Flex got screwed over in the judging several times.

To answer your question, I'll say 2.

Ronnie was a monster though.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
How many Olympias would Wheeler have won had he not been attacked by Ninjas?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
98 Olympia

Flex < Ronnie

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Flex's best condition ever was the 98 Arnold! He was shredded with striated Glutes and Hams! He was no where near that condition at the O. If he was he probably would have beat Ronnie! He was the favorite to win coming in just didn't show up in condition that he was at the Arnold. I think that was probably the beginning of his kidney problems, he would never again achieve that condition!

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
His only weak points.

He had more weak points than just that. The guy had the smallest pecs in the business.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
His only weak points.

His weakest point was his mind.  He was weak and lazy.

wild willie

• Getbig V
His only weak points.
1993 flex wheeler was just about perfect!

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
flex had quite a few weak points
he was narrow
his RLS was narrow too

he had the god given gift of pleasing shape, tiny joints and round full muscle bellies

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Flex wasn't narrow, he just wasn't wide.

sean

• Getbig IV

If only.

Care to elaborate?  How does the above match up to fake calves, intentional car accidents going over 170mph on a freeway, and ninja attacks? ... Have much to do with politics? Oh, and lets not forget that magnanimous "company guy" personality the magazines and IFBB desperately needs ongoing. He was quoted in a Flex Mag I had from high school saying, "once I stop competing, I'll never step foot in a gym again".  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
His weakest point was his mind. 
This. As far as weak, He trained with Chris Cormier who was known for training with heavy weights. And he has never said Flex was weak. Also, when Flex just started, Charles Glass said that he told Flex to ease back on the heavy on the heavy weight. And as far as lazy, you can't win 4 Arnolds, multiple Ironmans, and come in 2nd place multiple times by being lazy.
If that is lazy, then something is wrong.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Flex wasn't narrow, he just wasn't wide.

Wider than Heath?

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He was peeled in 93
Mr. AZ 2003

yates fan

• Getbig III
there is no way politics werte involved in the 98 Olympia,ronnie wasn't even a favorite going into the show,he had finished 9th the year before,and flex was the fav. coming into the show,ronnie just showed up lookin way better than everybody else and even then had to come from behind to beat flex.