Author Topic: Do not buy the FMW PPV!  (Read 1917 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Do not buy the FMW PPV!
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:20:22 AM »
It's clearly a setup for two bullshit fights.  I love how he moved Ishe Smith from his usual undercard spot to the night before on Fox, because Ishe will get destroyed by the #1 contender at 154.  

Cuban genes  8)

FUCKING RETIRE, FLOYD!

The May 3 Showtime pay-per-view bill is finalized and cemented, with Adrien Broner returning as expected, along with Amir Khan vs Luis Collazo in the night's co-feature as previously reported, and a super middleweight bout between J'Leon Love and Marco Antonio Periban.

Broner (27-1, 22 KO) will be facing lightweight fringe contender Carlos Molina (17-1-1, 7 KO), who is probably best known for a junior welterweight loss in December 2012 to Amir Khan. At that time, Khan was coming off of a bad loss to Danny Garcia, and needed a confidence booster. The smaller, slower Molina was drafted in, and he's filling that role again with this bout.

Love (17-0, 10 KO) has become a familiar face for Showtime viewers and for Mayweather PPV buyers, and the 26-year-old Dearborn, Mich., native will face a tough test against Periban (20-1-1, 13 KO), who lost a close majority decision to Sakio Bika last year, then drew with Badou Jack on September 12 in his last bout, two nights before Mayweather-Canelo.

Here are some quotes from the promoters and fighters:

Leonard Ellerbe, CEO - Mayweather Promotions

"This is a testament to the strength of a boxing event that involves Floyd Mayweather and Mayweather Promotions. It will definitely be a moment no one will want to miss. Floyd gave his orders to make sure these fights were part of this show and we were able to make it happen. I think boxing fans are going to be extremely pleased with what we have put together for them. Mayweather Promotions' J'Leon Love is training very hard for this fight. He knows a win over Periban brings him closer to a world championship. On May 3, I expect nothing less than a great night of boxing for everyone."

Richard Schaefer, CEO - Golden Boy Promotions

"It would be easy for us to simply put a great fight like Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana on top of this card and leave it at that, but that's not fair to the boxing fans that demand and deserve more. So with the rest of this pay-per-view card, we've stacked it with an important bout between former world champions Amir Khan and Luis Collazo, the return of one of boxing's top young superstars as Adrien Broner faces tough Carlos Molina, and an opener between J'Leon Love and Marco Antonio Periban that could produce the next super middleweight world title challenger. It will be an unforgettable night for all boxing fans."

Adrien Broner

"I had minor set back but I am back on May 3rd. Everybody needs to understand that I just took a loss. I haven't lost it. I'm still 'The Problem' and anyone can get it, whether you are African, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban or Mexican."

Carlos Molina

"I am so excited to be able to fight on a card of this magnitude against Adrien Broner. Sure he's tough but we all saw what happened in his last fight when he was under pressure. I have the boxing ability and punching power to beat him and that is exactly what I plan to do on May 3."

J'Leon Love

"It is always an honor to be on the same card as my boss, Floyd Mayweather. I train with him in the gym everyday and see what it takes to compete at the highest level in boxing. I can't thank Floyd and Mayweather Promotions enough for these opportunities. My opponent is a very tough competitor but I have no doubt that I will be victorious and move one step closer to a world championship. May 3 can't get here soon enough."

Marco Antonio Periban

"This is a great opportunity for me and I will represent my country and Mexican boxing fans all over the world on this Cinco de Mayo weekend. J'Leon Love might be a member of 'The Money Team' but that won't matter on May 3, when he has to face someone like me. We'll see who comes out victorious. I will not let my people or my country down."

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Do not buy the FMW PPV!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 08:23:09 AM »
are you really cuban or are you

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:23:21 AM »
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs GGG on July 12th is almost signed.  At least GGG isn't hustling 154 lbs fighters for a bout.  He's been at 160 since 2008. It's time to move up and prove his worth.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 08:24:19 AM »
lara is too much of a risk

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 08:24:45 AM »
are you really cuban or are you

I'm Cuban descent. Both parents are immigrants but I was raised in Louisiana, so I fall under 1st generation like many Mexicans  >:( and Ricans. I hope this helps.  

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 08:26:29 AM »
lara is too much of a risk

At least fight the damn winner of the Bradley vs Manny fight, just fucking fight someone.  >:(

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »

ggg vs chavez sparring

Swede!!

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 11:25:30 AM »
It's clearly a setup for two bullshit fights.  I love how he moved Ishe Smith from his usual undercard spot to the night before on Fox, because Ishe will get destroyed by the #1 contender at 154.  

Cuban genes  8)

looks like a B.E.A.N.E.R

And obviously doesn't have a Nordic woman.

And horrible nfl game physics  ::) ::)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »
looks like a B.E.A.N.E.R

it's the genetically deprived midget from the land of the giants.  the nordic gods frown upon you.  :)

Swede!!

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
it's the genetically deprived midget from the land of the giants.  the nordic gods frown upon you.  :)

*irrelevant race sentence*

typical B.E.A.N.E.R response  ::) ::)

*insert random white woman*  

*complain about something you don't know anything about*

Man, EA sucks as making sports game. Im going to wait until someone that knows how do to P.H.Y.S.I.C.S cooks a game  ::) ::)

..am I doing it right?

damnit, I forgot insert random name of random woman :(

I'm all for Rainhas but digging Juliana at the moment.  :P

edit**

Took a quick look at your history, you seem to have changed?  :o :o

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »
looks like a B.E.A.N.E.R

U forgot brutal eyebrows of peace

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 12:00:51 AM »
*irrelevant race sentence*

typical B.E.A.N.E.R response  ::) ::)

*insert random white woman*  

*complain about something you don't know anything about*

Man, EA sucks as making sports game. Im going to wait until someone that knows how do to P.H.Y.S.I.C.S cooks a game  ::) ::)

..am I doing it right?

damnit, I forgot insert random name of random woman :(

edit**

Took a quick look at your history, you seem to have changed?  :o :o

You forgot my dime piece trannies, chimp.  ::)