Author Topic: Terminator 5 - Arnold busting his arse for it  (Read 16295 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: arnold busting his arse for t5
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »
Bingo, Arnold was never ever 6'2 or even 6'1, 1974 Olympia 237lbs looking thick like he did at 6'2? Lol, peak height 6' at most, not surprised if 5'11.5... Today he clearly lost some, 5'10 barefoot is not impossible... Oliva was around 5'8, no way 5'10...

Wrong.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2014, 01:20:34 PM »
arnold says his friend joe manganiello is 5 inches taller and he's 6'5". so he's basically admitted he's lost near enough 2 inches from his peak height.
He looks taller and better though when he wears a tshirt untucked with shorts or jeans rather than trousers pulled up too high under his armpits with his shirts tucked in

No, he was very much that height before height loss kicked in. He was measured by our friend Vince Basile in 1969, BAREFOOT and at night (your lowest height) and he came out to 6'1.5" according to Vince. He was also taller than many legit 6'0" men in his competition days. Just look at his body now, compared to the 1990's and before. It's obvious that it's very compressed.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Re: Terminator 5 - Arnold busting his arse for it
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »
Arnold was 6'2". A friend of mine is 6'2" and Arnold was the same height. He was his stunt man for many years.
In Arnolds defense he did shrink a lot...

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2014, 10:47:47 PM »

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2014, 04:26:00 AM »
He's aiming to this look. BY end of summer.   

He came back once, he can do it all over again !

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2014, 04:36:32 AM »
He's aiming to this look. BY end of summer.   

He came back once, he can do it all over again !
no is banking on that.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2014, 04:42:09 AM »
Zane training for Sagan 2

Love to see vic basile is a similar pose ROFL.

THE BEEF

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2014, 03:22:15 PM »
Arnold was 6'2". A friend of mine is 6'2" and Arnold was the same height. He was his stunt man for many years.
In Arnolds defense he did shrink a lot...

Yup. Wait until he really gets old. Him and Danny Devito will eventually be legit twins.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2014, 11:49:25 PM »
Wrong.
Look, i really don't want to start another endless debate about Arnold's height, but here in Europe it's pretty well know that he was 6' at best peak, nothing more than that... Around 5'10 for Arnold today barefoot... Just like Ferrigno was never ever 6'5 or 6'4, but a strong 6'2 peak... People act as they magically shrunk and losed a lot of inches, but it's bs... Contrary to Hulk Hogan who had lots of surgeries and problems after a life of ring action, and shrunk from 6'5 peak to 6'2, they lost nowhere near the same, both Arnold and Ferrigno were just never that tall for a start...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2014, 12:02:54 AM »
Here we go again. I am the only person known to have actually measured Arnold's height in front of witnesses. That was in Mits Gym in Honolulu early in 1969. He said he was 6-2 but the height guage on Mit's scale read 6' -1 1/2". I remember that he stood as tall as possible for the measurement as did everyone else that evening. Everyone I measured was 1/2" shorter than claimed!! It is possible that Arnold was close to 6-2 first thing in the morning.

I am 5' 9 1/2" and Sergio is slightly taller than me so at least 5-10. I picked him up from his hotel in Sydney in 1982 and in his boots he was over 6 feet. You should have seen him. Tight singlet, tight trousers and the biggest muscles to ever walk downtown in Sydney. He was at my gym and also at my home for a party in his honour.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2014, 01:10:15 AM »
Here we go again. I am the only person known to have actually measured Arnold's height in front of witnesses. That was in Mits Gym in Honolulu early in 1969. He said he was 6-2 but the height guage on Mit's scale read 6' -1 1/2". I remember that he stood as tall as possible for the measurement as did everyone else that evening. Everyone I measured was 1/2" shorter than claimed!! It is possible that Arnold was close to 6-2 first thing in the morning.

I am 5' 9 1/2" and Sergio is slightly taller than me so at least 5-10. I picked him up from his hotel in Sydney in 1982 and in his boots he was over 6 feet. You should have seen him. Tight singlet, tight trousers and the biggest muscles to ever walk downtown in Sydney. He was at my gym and also at my home for a party in his honour.

Were you attending 1980 Mr. O?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2014, 01:11:42 AM »

So Sergio had bigger muscles then Arnie?

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2014, 01:39:16 AM »
Yes vince i always tell them how you measured him when this debate arises and considering your history have no reason to lie. Its obvious from photos and video back in the day he's easily over 6ft. I have a musclemag book that also explains how he was 6'1.75" as measured by them but for magazines it was simply easier to round up to 6'2"
Recently arnold said how 6'5" joe manganiello made him feel short on sabotage with him being 5 inches taller, so basically arnolds confirmed he's lost 1.5/2 inches

KSA

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2014, 03:04:06 AM »
I asked this question to Serge Nubret

he told me between 6' and 6'1

i saw Arnold in person Mr Nubret was right

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2014, 03:31:06 AM »
One thing is for sure , up until he was governor he never looked shorter than anyone that claimed being 6'2" standing next to him.   

Today he's shorter than anyone being over six feet tall. 

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2014, 04:34:21 AM »

Mr Basile, i really want to believe you, but documenting Arnold's career from his early bodybuiding years, i have too many evidences that are pointing to Arnold being 6' max peak height... How do you explain that he's lucky if he can wake up at more than 5'10 today? He looks really average today, even with magic shoes, had he some sort of surgeries or injuries on his back or spine that we doesn't know about? Another evidence is his contest weight, how can a real 6'2-6'1.5 can look as thick and huge like him at the 1974 Olympia and "only" be 237lbs? It make no sense to me...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2014, 04:44:49 AM »
Bush is a legit 6'1" and look at Arnold compared to him.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2014, 04:45:55 AM »
Here's an untouched 1980 Olympia picture.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2014, 04:50:45 AM »

Vince = fairy

Not to mention, guys don't go around measuring other guys, oh unless of course you're a fairy.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2014, 05:56:29 AM »

This post should be stickied.
Ψ

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2014, 06:44:49 AM »
Vince = fairy

Not to mention, guys don't go around measuring other guys, oh unless of course you're a fairy.

Bodybuilding is an extremely narcissistic "Life style"  So it's perfectly acceptable to go around with a measuring tape trying to get the exact measurements of the popular bodybuilders....

I remember going to a barbershop back in the day , while seated for my haircut the Barber reached to his pocket and took a measuring tape and very politely  told me he wanted to measured my cold arm .... I said sure why not ....after he did  you could tell he was so excited and couldn't wait to get done with me to go tell the world how big my arms were.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dr.Mabuse

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2014, 07:57:39 AM »
Mr Basile, i really want to believe you, but documenting Arnold's career from his early bodybuiding years, i have too many evidences that are pointing to Arnold being 6' max peak height... How do you explain that he's lucky if he can wake up at more than 5'10 today? He looks really average today, even with magic shoes, had he some sort of surgeries or injuries on his back or spine that we doesn't know about? Another evidence is his contest weight, how can a real 6'2-6'1.5 can look as thick and huge like him at the 1974 Olympia and "only" be 237lbs? It make no sense to me...

One thing I've noticed is that many people from North American seem to equate 6 foot with being 180cm (instead of the generally accepted 183cm, where an inch is 2.54 cm.)

I recall reading many years ago in an Australia newspaper that Arnold was 184cm tall - that explains the 6 foot 1 and a half business.

Of course, put him next to a legit 6'2" (188cm) person (like Jim Caviezel) and you know the truth...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2014, 07:59:36 AM »
One thing I've noticed is that many people from North American seem to equate 6 foot with being 180cm (instead of the generally accepted 183cm, where an inch is 2.54 cm.)

I recall reading many years ago in an Australia newspaper that Arnold was 184cm tall - that explains the 6 foot 1 and a half business.

Of course, put him next to a legit 6'2" (188cm) person (like Jim Caviezel) and you know the truth...

WTF WITH THAT POSE ARNIE...10 GALLON HAT AND HE'S ROY ROGERS..

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2014, 08:31:46 AM »

Dr.Mabuse

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2014, 08:40:26 AM »

LOL

Still not convinced?

How about 180cm Dennis Wolf? (According to his own website)

Skip to 7:20 mark...