Author Topic: 10,000 cals a day?????  (Read 23493 times)

johnnyb5309

• Getbig II
Re: 10,000 cals a day?????
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2014, 06:31:45 PM »
My buddy is good friends with eric lilliebridge top 3 powerlifters in the world. i know eric eats like 8k regularly more before meets.  I have seen what he gets at the grocery. and its like steak pepsi chescake little debbie cakes oreo ice cream frozen pizza. pack of oreos. he also said that he carries around a bag of sugar and dumps sugar on toop of a lot of shit. like cheesecake and ice cream just to get in more calories.
I seriously doubt anybody is eating any cleaner in the portions scott mendelson was talking.
he said gallons of gatorade 5 pounds red meat, 40 egg whites, tons of pasta lots of weight gainers. the key is most of these guys are taking ina boatload of liquid calories whether is mass gainers egg whites or like eric just drinking a 2 litre of pepsi. Like a lot of those bedridden girls yea they eat a bucket of chicken and mac and cheese and a quart of kool aid lol

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2014, 06:41:26 PM »
My buddy is good friends with eric lilliebridge top 3 powerlifters in the world. i know eric eats like 8k regularly more before meets.  I have seen what he gets at the grocery. and its like steak pepsi chescake little debbie cakes oreo ice cream frozen pizza. pack of oreos. he also said that he carries around a bag of sugar and dumps sugar on toop of a lot of shit. like cheesecake and ice cream just to get in more calories.
I seriously doubt anybody is eating any cleaner in the portions scott mendelson was talking.
he said gallons of gatorade 5 pounds red meat, 40 egg whites, tons of pasta lots of weight gainers. the key is most of these guys are taking ina boatload of liquid calories whether is mass gainers egg whites or like eric just drinking a 2 litre of pepsi. Like a lot of those bedridden girls yea they eat a bucket of chicken and mac and cheese and a quart of kool aid lol
i know it is what it is,,competitive nature,chuck all the rules regarding health,but this can't be good for digestive health.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »
Thats my experience as well, my sister in law eats fuck all hardly, and she is 40lbs overweight.
Problem is when she does eat its shitty carbs and junk, I dont think she ever depletes her carbs to the point she will burn fat, she just keeps them topped up.
Does she eat out? Like at work?

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2014, 07:21:32 PM »
over 3000kcl is stupidity if u dont do endurance sport and train 20-30houers/week. U burn jack shit in the gym. very grymrats are pretty much fat! Well, the ones withour steorids and gh...

lol wut. I would lose at least a lb or 2 a week at 3000 kcal and I do jack shit all day besides 4 workouts per week of 90 min volume lifting. never been above 12% bf in my life.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2014, 07:32:58 PM »
I was 242lbs here. I was tracking my food intake between 5000-5500k per day on any given day. Mendleson easily takes in 10-12k.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2014, 07:54:42 PM »
I was 242lbs here. I was tracking my food intake between 5000-5500k per day on any given day. Mendleson easily takes in 10-12k.

Holy shit your waist must have measured 50"

johnnyb5309

• Getbig II
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »
i know it is what it is,,competitive nature,chuck all the rules regarding health,but this can't be good for digestive health.
no fucking way it is. neither is the amount of drugs these guys are on. 7 grams of gear with like 300 mg of tbol and 150 var and 50 superdrol ridiculous stuff like that to try and hit prs. literally stacking everything under the sun. Alot of the things elite powerlifters and bodybuilders do are healthy except making working out. from diets to drug use stims etc. talking to my friend kinda astonishes me because it doesnt seem to phase them as being dangerous. sure its competitive nature but it doesnt seem to have a limit ya know??

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
no fucking way it is. neither is the amount of drugs these guys are on. 7 grams of gear with like 300 mg of tbol and 150 var and 50 superdrol ridiculous stuff like that to try and hit prs. literally stacking everything under the sun. Alot of the things elite powerlifters and bodybuilders do are healthy except making working out. from diets to drug use stims etc. talking to my friend kinda astonishes me because it doesnt seem to phase them as being dangerous. sure its competitive nature but it doesnt seem to have a limit ya know??

And then suddenly seemingly out of nowhere, there comes a warning sign. A scare. Something that stops you in your tracks. Something you didn't plan on.

You realize..."Hey, I'm not in control here"

Maybe you live another day...

Maybe you don't ~

Can you put your money on it?

Who has a clue what is going to happen one minute from now?

Why are hospitals full? Why do I hear an ambulance? Did someone wake up today and say "O.K. today is the day I'm going to die?"

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2014, 08:13:25 PM »
This guy eats 10,000 cals a day

Why is the top of his head like a road map?

johnnyb5309

• Getbig II
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »
my friend just texted me in regards to scott mendelson.. saying he has been known to take 500 mg anadrol and 500 mg dbol per day with 2 grams tren and 10-12 grams of other shit a week. goes to show how messed up this sport is. life for him must consist of pinning, shitting , drink 40 eggs , shit, swallow a pound of pills, go shitt, eat a few pounds of beef and go shit. maybe lift some shit. go take a shit.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2014, 08:22:11 PM »

I'm 99% positive your "friend" is Chris Hickson...Kinda stupid that he takes 7 grams of gear to mile high squat 700, and bench <350. I think if he spent less money on drugs maybe he could afford to get to his owns meets without begging on facebook?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2014, 09:56:01 PM »
I remember when hickson was just a fat kid on bb.com, struggling to squat 455.. amazing how a mild cycle of 7 grams of aas will turn things around.

Lots of comfort slacks and bulking pants in this thread.

Simple Simon

« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2014, 12:16:06 AM »
Does she eat out? Like at work?
Eats a sandwich at work, nothing else.
She makes an evening meal for her son and husband then eats cheese on toast and doesnt eat the healthy meals because she says she doesnt want to eat too much.   ::)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2014, 01:13:05 AM »

That's what I hate about GB: seeing fuckers who can eat. I'm that weight (though fatter), and I need to maintain at 1800 kcal. Anything higher than 1500 does not cause fat loss. And that is lifting 4x per week, and doing at least 2 hours of walking every day. Fuck my metabolism, fuck two years of severe calorie restriction. >:(

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2014, 03:40:56 AM »
Interesting thread, I physically couldnt eat anything close to 10,000calories a day

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2014, 05:02:44 AM »
Disagreeing is hardly being rude. But, considering that we have an obesity problem in America, despite caloric intake being an average of 2000 calories per day, I'll stand by my initial statement.

No, its actually closer to 4,000 per day (I think it's around 3,700). Not to mention that a large proportion of those calories come from high sugar, high fat, highly processed food sources. Couple this to the lack of exercise and sedentary lifestyles and that's where your obesity crisis comes from.

The idea that rare metabolic diseases are to blame for the growing obesity epidemic is preposterous. Sure, hypothyroidism and its related syndromes can lead to weight gain in individuals despite them not consuming vast numbers of calories. However in these people being a couple of pounds overweight may be the result; being obese is not. Plus, most cases of hypothyroidism can be treated with medication and simple dietary and lifestyle alterations.

The simple fact is that no human body (perhaps barring the rarest of diseases and I only include this as a disclaimer) is capable of generating vast quantities of fat mass, new living tissue, to point of reaching obesity (i.e. over 25% bodyfat in men, 30% in women) without overconsumption of calories. It is as simple as that.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2014, 09:54:28 AM »
No, its actually closer to 4,000 per day (I think it's around 3,700). Not to mention that a large proportion of those calories come from high sugar, high fat, highly processed food sources. Couple this to the lack of exercise and sedentary lifestyles and that's where your obesity crisis comes from.

The idea that rare metabolic diseases are to blame for the growing obesity epidemic is preposterous. Sure, hypothyroidism and its related syndromes can lead to weight gain in individuals despite them not consuming vast numbers of calories. However in these people being a couple of pounds overweight may be the result; being obese is not. Plus, most cases of hypothyroidism can be treated with medication and simple dietary and lifestyle alterations.

The simple fact is that no human body (perhaps barring the rarest of diseases and I only include this as a disclaimer) is capable of generating vast quantities of fat mass, new living tissue, to point of reaching obesity (i.e. over 25% bodyfat in men, 30% in women) without overconsumption of calories. It is as simple as that.

EXACTLY!

Overconsumption is simply eating more than you burn. If your metabolism is slowed, due to age and/or inactivity and/or overdieting, it won't take much for you to over consume and get fat, especially when you ingest the aforementioned high-sugar and high-fat foods.

As for average caloric intake, I posted the links that give the numbers I used. If you have some claiming average intake of 4000 vs. 2000 calories, please post them to show a contrast. Even if you eat just 2000 calories a day, if you only need 1500 without exercise/training, your body fat goes up dramatically.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2014, 11:46:33 AM »
EXACTLY!

Overconsumption is simply eating more than you burn. If your metabolism is slowed, due to age and/or inactivity and/or overdieting, it won't take much for you to over consume and get fat, especially when you ingest the aforementioned high-sugar and high-fat foods.

As for average caloric intake, I posted the links that give the numbers I used. If you have some claiming average intake of 4000 vs. 2000 calories, please post them to show a contrast. Even if you eat just 2000 calories a day, if you only need 1500 without exercise/training, your body fat goes up dramatically.

The problem with the data that you showed is that firstly it is the average energy intake. So if we take the whole population, including people of normal weight and those underweight we will get a normal distribution bell curve, with 2,000 kcal somewhere near the middle. Obese people will fall toward the right of that curve, higher than 2,000. The second issue with using a survey of energy intake (as was used in the results you linked to) is that self-reporting of food intake by members of the public are notoriously conservative. People are much more likely to under-record what they have eaten. It is very common to underestimate portion sizes, forget about small snacks etc. Plus (and this may sound somewhat insensitive but it is not meant to offend), overweight people will often entirely avoid reporting consumption of "unhealthy" food, especially if weight and body image are a concern. Plus, the data you have shown estimated calorie intake for men at 2,618 in 2000 (it has risen even more in the last 14 years). Given that this is the average calorie intake, for obese people it would probably be higher. Add to that the underestimation in the subjects food recall and one would easily end up over 3,000 calories for men.

Another method used is to measure energy availability to the average adult. Granted, this will perhaps overestimate total energy intake but it avoids the bias of self-reporting. This is the method commonly used in many food consumption surveys including this one by the FAO:

http://www.fao.org/docrep/005/ac911e/ac911e05.htm

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »
I am pretty sure many bodybuilders cannot count calories acurately.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2014, 07:18:34 AM »
The problem with the data that you showed is that firstly it is the average energy intake. So if we take the whole population, including people of normal weight and those underweight we will get a normal distribution bell curve, with 2,000 kcal somewhere near the middle. Obese people will fall toward the right of that curve, higher than 2,000. The second issue with using a survey of energy intake (as was used in the results you linked to) is that self-reporting of food intake by members of the public are notoriously conservative. People are much more likely to under-record what they have eaten. It is very common to underestimate portion sizes, forget about small snacks etc. Plus (and this may sound somewhat insensitive but it is not meant to offend), overweight people will often entirely avoid reporting consumption of "unhealthy" food, especially if weight and body image are a concern. Plus, the data you have shown estimated calorie intake for men at 2,618 in 2000 (it has risen even more in the last 14 years). Given that this is the average calorie intake, for obese people it would probably be higher. Add to that the underestimation in the subjects food recall and one would easily end up over 3,000 calories for men.

Another method used is to measure energy availability to the average adult. Granted, this will perhaps overestimate total energy intake but it avoids the bias of self-reporting. This is the method commonly used in many food consumption surveys including this one by the FAO:

With overweight and obese being a majority of the US population, one would think that this argument would hold up only partially at best?

Energy availability is indeed dangerous, especially with food waste numbers already very high and climbing. Are those calories counted as available or not?

Don't get me wrong: on the whole fatties eat too much. It took a lot of work for me to get to 300. However, it is also true that putting a 300-Lb fattie on 2000 kcal/day is NOT the Final Solution to the problem. Case in point: me. Ten years ago, with less activity, I could have easily maintained at 4000 kcal. Now I maintain at 1800 kcal, and can only cut at 1500 or lower. Prolonged uninterrupted caloric restriction has severe metabolic consequences.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2014, 09:49:24 AM »
With overweight and obese being a majority of the US population, one would think that this argument would hold up only partially at best?

Energy availability is indeed dangerous, especially with food waste numbers already very high and climbing. Are those calories counted as available or not?

Don't get me wrong: on the whole fatties eat too much. It took a lot of work for me to get to 300. However, it is also true that putting a 300-Lb fattie on 2000 kcal/day is NOT the Final Solution to the problem. Case in point: me. Ten years ago, with less activity, I could have easily maintained at 4000 kcal. Now I maintain at 1800 kcal, and can only cut at 1500 or lower. Prolonged uninterrupted caloric restriction has severe metabolic consequences.

Well firstly, I was referring to the data that was shown earlier in this thread, stating that the average daily calorie consumption in the US is 2,000.  The argument was made that obese people become obese eating 2,000 calories per day. I was pointing out that the 2,000 kcal figure (apart from being likely underestimated for reasons listed above) was for the whole population (men were up at 2,618 kcal in the year 2000 for example). But if we were to look at the calorie intake of obese people only, it would likely (almost definitely) be higher than 2,000.

You are right to point out that overweight and obese people make up a majority of the population but people of normal weight still made up a significant proportion of the survey data to skew the results somewhat. I am not arguing that obese people can lose weight on 2,000 calories a day but rather against some of the arguments being made in this post; that people become obese in the first place eating as little as 1500 kcal.

Again, you'll get no argument from me about prolonged caloric restriction on metabolic functioning but an obese person is such an extreme case of stored energy that they can withstand such a restriction without the same physiological effects as a person of normal weight or in the case of an athlete, normal bodyfat levels.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2014, 11:17:43 AM »

Most people also probably have no idea how many calories are in various things.

For example I see behemoths at Starbuck's every morning ordering a large coffee-flavored sugar-shake and a muffin the size of a softball.  "Oh I don't eat much I just had a coffee and one muffin for breakfast" when they've probably wolfed down about 1000 kcal there.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
I would lay off the Obese people really.

What happens then is, food manufactures decide to charge you more for less calories and eliminate options that were once great.  Gone are the good old days when you could King Size, Biggie Size or Super Size a fry and get a shit load.  Now I am forced to eat a "large" fry that is the size of a small fry in reality.  I weighed them last time and the grams equaled a small fry from 5 years ago and the price increased.

Lay off the fat people!  It hurts all of us in the long run!

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2014, 11:51:10 AM »

I remember a consistent meal of mine would be Biggie Sized Fries, Two Double Stacks, Chicken Sandwich and Large Frosty from Wendys.  That was like a snack back then.

Cool pic man can you post it a couple more times please becasue we all havent seen it 6000 times already.

As for the original topic....

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2014, 01:27:43 PM »

I remember a consistent meal of mine would be Biggie Sized Fries, Two Double Stacks, Chicken Sandwich and Large Frosty from Wendys.  That was like a snack back then.

That guy just looks happy to be alive!

Such a positive energy he is exuberating in that photo.