Author Topic: ADD / ADHD and essential oils  (Read 2020 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
ADD / ADHD and essential oils
« on: March 30, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with this?   I'm working on a whole gaggle of nieces & nephews with add/adhd and would love any feedback on the use of oils applied to the skin to straighten the kiddies out. thanks!

ADD/ADHD Essential Oils
•Balance, clary sage, cerdarwood, frankincense, lavender, rosemary, peppermint, lemon, Serenity, vetiver, ylang ylang and In Tune.
•You can put all of these oils on your child's feet or on a terra-cotta pendent to smell these oils throughout the day.

In Tune Oil Blend
•This is a blend of essential oils carefully selected for their ability to enhance focus and support healthy thought processes. The oils amyris, patchouli, frankincense, lime, ylang ylang, sandalwood (Hawaiian) and Roman Chamomile were selected for their ability to enhance focus and support healthy thought processes.
•The technique for applying In Tune: roll it up the spine and rub it on the triangle on two points at the base of the neck behind the ears, then massage it in.

Focus
•Vetiver Oil or Frankincense Oil carried with the child during the day can help them if they find themselves loosing focus or calm. Clay necklaces with the preferred oil or applying some oil to the area of the hand between the thumb and first finger allows an easy quick technique to inhale during a busy school day.

For improved concentration
•Apply vetiver to the feet, focusing on the big toe. You can also use a necklace with a pendant that will absorb the oil that can be smelled all day.

Hyperactivity
•Diffuse Roman chamomile and lavender or apply on the insides of the wrists or behind the ears.

Frustration, impatience and anger
•Balance, Serenity, frankincense, lavender and ylang ylang – Apply to feet, back of the neck, behind the knees and diffuse into the air.

There was a case study published in the American Medical Association Journal by Dr. Terry Friedmann M.D. that found significant results when children who had previously been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD inhaled essential oils of vetiver, lavender and cedarwood. The inhalation of the oils proved to settle the children’s brain waves back into normal patterns and improved their scholastic performance and behavioral patterns. The final results were:
•Lavender increased performance by 53%
•Cedarwood increased performance by 83%
•Vetiver increased performance by 100%

Memory/Concentration
•The part of the brain responsible for interpreting aromas is closely tied to the part of the brain responsible for long term memory and emotions. Studies have demonstrated the ability of essential oil aromas such as rosemary and peppermint to help enhance memory and alertness in human trials.
•Try inhaling rosemary, peppermint, or frankincense when studying or learning; then inhale the same aroma when you need to recall the information.
•Try diffusing oils such as lavender, lemon, or rosemary to help aid concentration. We really find that lemon helps our six year old son concentrate during homework time (read more here).

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: ADD / ADHD and essential oils
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 02:57:39 PM »
If it works, mail me their adderall please

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »
If it works, mail me their adderall please

LOL... a few of them are given adderall and while it initially boosted them from failing to scoring 2 grades below their level, they've actually plateaued and are doing poorly in 4th/5th/6th grade suddenly.   In 2nd grade, they were scoring at 5th grade reading level.  Now in 5th grade, reading at a 4th grade level (barely).   Makes no sense.  Maybe they have a tolerance, dunno. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
:

warez4gold

• Getbig III
  • Awesome size! Look'n THICK, SOLID, TIGHT!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »
natural stuff is bs.

read up on the following

straterra
adderall xr
clonidine
guanfacine

use clonidine or guanfacine to deal with the anxiety from the stimulants

straterra is a non stimulant which doesn't give anxiety (for most)

warez4gold

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 03:56:02 PM »
also, keep those little kids on the lowest doses at which they still get benefits.  if they aren't doing well and they are on scripts, maybe they have so much anxiety in their little bodies that they are going insane!

anxiety will lead to depression and poor grades.  these drugs are NOT to be FUCKED with parents!  LOW DOSES ALWAYS

warez4gold

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 03:57:06 PM »
all that fish oil is better than ritalin shit is all bullshit

i've been through all that shit and found that pharma is the only way to go.

adhd is a fucking nightmare.  would rather have cancer and be dead in 5 years.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »
I don't know about how oils help with ADD, but I got seasick recently and rubbed some sort of oil behind my ear, and it immediately helped. Made me a believer in that stuff.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 05:17:54 PM »
Get them off of Gluten for a month or so to see how they respond.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 05:22:21 PM »
Many entrepreneurs have ADD/ADHD and are very successful. These types of people take more chances in life than others.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
There is no such thing as ADD or ADHD. It's bullshit made to make money.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 12:14:11 AM »
Come work with the kids that are off their meds and then tell me about fish oil. What a load of crap. Too much George Noory Coast to Coast BS.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 12:29:38 AM »
There is no such thing as ADD or ADHD. It's bullshit made to make money.

Spot on mate. It's all the chemicals in processed foods and excessive screen usage. Fucks with kids brains.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 01:51:27 AM »
Moosejay no!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 11:52:10 AM »
appreciate the feedback!