Author Topic: Do people believe in GOD simply because there is NO GOD?  (Read 21649 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Do people believe in GOD simply because there is NO GOD?
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 12:49:54 AM »
But shouldn't we be trying to help these people cope with life without relying on imaginary Father figures?  And should those strong enough to live without a need for GOD have to suffer the amount of negative and destructive influence these delusional dolts have on society?
Why dont you mind your own business?

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 12:56:17 AM »
It isn't hard to see that people believe in GOD because they are afraid and desperate to imagine into existence a caring Father figure to help them deal with the harsh realities of existence (like there is NO GOD).  So could it be that the realisation that there is NO GOD leads people to imagine one into existence to deal with the fact GOD DOESN'T EXIST?

And now all your love will be exorcised
And we will find your saints to be canonized
And it's an even sum
It's a melody
It's a battle cry
It's a symphony

Seven devils all around you
Seven devils in my house
See, they were there when I woke up this morning
And I'll be dead before the day is done

Before the day is done
A

paradoxno1

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 01:12:56 AM »
I'm such a hardcore atheist, I don't believe other people believe in God.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 01:23:16 AM »
It isn't hard to see that people believe in GOD because they are afraid and desperate to imagine into existence a caring Father figure to help them deal with the harsh realities of existence (like there is NO GOD).  So could it be that the realisation that there is NO GOD leads people to imagine one into existence to deal with the fact GOD DOESN'T EXIST?

But Mr.E-Kully, yours black Abo mob have something call Vangina  ;D

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 02:39:32 AM »
People who are afraid to go to hell are religious! People who have been to hell are spiritual!

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 03:07:43 AM »
It isn't hard to see that people believe get stoned because they are afraid and desperate to imagine into existence a caring Father figure to help them deal with the harsh realities of existence (like staying sober).  So could it be that the realization that the fear of being sober leads people to get high and post asinine threads?

Fixed.

100% more accurate. Stop smoking pot, get off the couch, and leave people to believe whatever they want.

You idiot.
$

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 03:43:14 AM »
Fixed.

100% more accurate. Stop smoking pot, get off the couch, and leave people to believe whatever they want.

You idiot.
I haven't smoked pot in years, I actually have no idea what you are talking about.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 03:44:50 AM »
Why dont you mind your own business?
Because religion is dangerous, it's influence has corrupted the world and causes much suffering.  Religion isn't an innocent creature, it's like a dirty pedophile looking for prey. Do you really think such an evil force should be ignored?
V

Simple Simon

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 03:45:19 AM »
I haven't smoked pot in years, I actually have no idea what you are talking about.
That makes your threads even more alarming.

Simple Simon

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 03:46:19 AM »
Because religion is dangerous, it's influence has corrupted the world and causes much suffering.  Religion isn't an innocent creature, it's like a dirty pedophile looking for prey. Do you really think such an evil force should be ignored?

Yes, but you enjoy your crusade.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 03:46:25 AM »
I'm such a hardcore atheist, I don't believe other people believe in God.

lol.  You do realise Religion is evangelical, some religions so desperately want to force others to believe the way they do, they believe the use of force is justified in doing so.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 03:52:17 AM »
Yes, but you enjoy your crusade.
I simply asked the question "Does the lack of evidence for GOD actually cause some people to create one to believe in?".  I mean, that's what adults have done with Santa Claus, you know, it would be nice if there was a Santa Claus, but there isn't, so let's create an imaginary one and just pretend.  I don't see any reason why the adults amongst us who never grew up wouldn't do the same thing with a deity.  It seems a fair question.  I can't help that religious nutters are such a sensitive bunch who love to heap scorn on everyone else but are incapable of receiving any back.
V

Simple Simon

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 03:53:45 AM »
I simply asked the question "Does the lack of evidence for GOD actually cause some people to create one to believe in?".  I mean, that's what adults have done with Santa Claus, you know, it would be nice if there was a Santa Claus, but there isn't, so let's create an imaginary one and just pretend.  I don't see no reason why the adults amongst us who never grew up wouldn't do the same thing with a deity.  It seems a fair question.  I can't help that religious nutters are such a sensitive bunch who love to heap scorn on everyone else but are incapable of receiving any back.

Your rights end where another mans begin.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 03:58:58 AM »
Your rights end where another mans begin.
Yes you are right, the sooner we can get the Church and it's crazies to accept this, the sooner we can properly educate children and eradicate Religion's evil influence on society.
V

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 04:05:22 AM »
Yes you are right, the sooner we can get the Church and it's crazies to accept this, the sooner we can properly educate children and eradicate Religion's evil influence on society.
Is someone forcing you or your children to believe in God?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 04:12:06 AM »
This has been happening since the beginning of time.  Our schools still have religious instruction, which is a form of child abuse, teaching them lies as if it was truth, scaring them into believing  in hell, and feeding them nonsense about how the earth come about.  Dawkins did a good documentary on this, how such schools  suck up taxpayers funds and how many schools wouldn't let children enroll unless the parents pretended they were religious or sucked up the local pastors arse.  It's an unfortunate thing that Religious people don't care about the rights of children to determine their own beliefs and approach the world with a genuine open mind.

V

Simple Simon

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 04:13:57 AM »
This has been happening since the beginning of time.  Our schools still have religious instruction, which is a form of child abuse, teaching them lies as if it was truth, scaring them into believing  in hell, and feeding them nonsense about how the earth come about.  Dawkins did a good documentary on this, how many schools wouldn't let children enroll unless the parents pretended they were religious or sucked up the local pastors arse.  

Why dont you just answer the question that was asked?

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 04:16:47 AM »

I'm sorry did I pick the wrong drug? Heroin? Acid? Alchohol? More to your liking? You claiming you are not a stoned, unemployed, unlaid, miserable leech, loser is laughable. You will now say you are being bullied and you hate bullies right? You are bullied because you ask for it. Get a life man for real. I feel sorry for Shitzo... You, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Your shit is a million times more pathetic then Shitzo.
$

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 04:17:05 AM »
That makes your threads even more alarming.

hahahahaha :D
b

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 04:18:24 AM »
Why dont you just answer the question that was asked?

YES. on my dime also.  Is someone forcing you to acknowledge reality and accept there is NO GOD?  Is anybody forcing you to abandon your delusional worldview?
V

Simple Simon

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 04:20:42 AM »
YES

Dont you have the courage to just say, "I dont believe"?

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 04:21:52 AM »
the belief the universe and all that we know was created out of two random atoms (which came from where again? ) is no more more believable than a creator scenario.

watching people argue about this meanwhile knowing nothing, able to prove nothing conclusively either way goes the show how dimwitted you all really are.

it's one thing to argue a point when you have proofs. none of you have absolute proofs either way.

so then I guess it comes down to faith and in that your in the same boat. so why are you even arguing in the first place.
b

Simple Simon

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 04:23:39 AM »
the belief the universe and all that we know was created out of two random atoms (which came from where again? ) is no more more believable than a creator scenario.

watching people argue about this meanwhile knowing nothing, able to prove nothing conclusively either way goes the show how dimwitted you all really are.

it's one thing to argue a point when you have proofs. none of you have absolute proofs either way.

so then I guess it comes down to faith and in that your in the same boat. so why are you even arguing in the first place.
Poor E-KUL seems to be getting forced into believeing it , not sure how.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 04:25:15 AM »
Poor E-KUL seems to be getting forced into believeing it , not sure how.

they are brainwashing his children.

the guys a fucking loon.
b

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 04:25:21 AM »
I'm sorry did I pick the wrong drug? Heroin? Acid? Alchohol? More to your liking? You claiming you are not a stoned, unemployed, unlaid, miserable leech, loser is laughable. You will now say you are being bullied and you hate bullies right? You are bullied because you ask for it. Get a life man for real. I feel sorry for Shitzo... You, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Your shit is a million times more pathetic then Shitzo.
I don't feel bullied at all. All I see is a bunch of reactive dolts who meltdown every time their ridiculous and delusional worldview is challenged.  I actually feel sorry for you, faith and religion has obviously not helped you develop resilience and a tolerance for alternate ideas.  It is a sad indictment on religion that the atheists have a far greater resilience than those with faith.  It is amazing how the TRUTH does set you free(not the so called TRUTH religious nutters have simply made up), and the TRUTH is there is ZERO evidence for GOD.  It is your determined commitment to maintain countless religious lies that sees you and others like you so easily prone to melting down.
V