Author Topic: Rising Manufacturing Orders Signal Further U.S. Growth: Economy  (Read 944 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Source: Bloomberg

By Michelle Jamrisko Apr 1, 2014 12:23 PM ET

The U.S. manufacturing expansion accelerated in March, driven by gains in production and orders, in the latest sign that the economy is shaking off its winter doldrums and building momentum into the second quarter.

The Institute for Supply Management’s index increased to 53.7 from 53.2 a month earlier, the Tempe, Arizona-based group said today. Readings above 50 indicate expansion. The median forecast in a Bloomberg survey of economists was 54.

Ford Motor Co., Chrysler Group LLC and Toyota Motor Corp. today reported March sales that beat analysts’ estimates as consumers, whose confidence is at a six-year high, returned to auto dealers and shopping malls as the weather warmed. Other figures this week are projected to show hiring picked up for a third consecutive month as employers become more convinced the world’s largest economy will quicken.

“The weakness we saw in the very early part of this year is going to abate and we’ll see better growth,” said Joshua Shapiro, chief U.S. economist at Maria Fiorini Ramirez Inc. in New York, who correctly forecast the ISM figure. “We’re making our way back to something that’s more sustainable.”

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-01/u-s-ism-manufacturing-index-rose-to-53-7-in-march-from-53-2.html

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Rising Manufacturing Orders Signal Further U.S. Growth: Economy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 06:30:05 AM »
Dont worry a republican president is gonna find a way to fuck it up.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 06:40:12 AM »
Lets hope it continues
A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 01:48:34 AM »
How dare you post positive "news" here, punk. I want to read nasty, venomous screeds that elicit a chemical bath for my cortex, enraging me in addition to reinforcing my worldview -- a worldview derived almost in full from what the people on the television set tell me and "alternative" media sources, i.e., websites run by people with the same paranoiac mental deficiencies as I.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 01:52:07 AM »
How dare you post positive "news" here, punk. I want to read nasty, venomous screeds that elicit a chemical bath for my cortex, enraging me in addition to reinforcing my worldview -- a worldview derived almost word-for-word from what the people on the television set tell me and/or "alternative" media sources, i.e., websites run by people with the same paranoiac mental deficiencies as I.

This should be a sticky for new members.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 03:49:44 AM »
How dare you post positive "news" here, punk. I want to read nasty, venomous screeds that elicit a chemical bath for my cortex, enraging me in addition to reinforcing my worldview -- a worldview derived almost in full from what the people on the television set tell me and "alternative" media sources, i.e., websites run by people with the same paranoiac mental deficiencies as I.

I missed your wit, my erudite friend
A

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 05:45:46 AM »
Poor data dressed up?

April Fools, indeed.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 05:53:22 AM »
This article and proclamation of "The economy is going gangbusters!" could be from any month out of the last 5 or so years. \

Some  mediocre gain or dressed up poor number is touted as a turning point....while all other bad reports are ignored.

Like clock work.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 06:26:19 AM »
the economy is doing better and the repubs don't like it,who would have thought.hate Obama at all costs

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 07:24:56 AM »
the economy is doing better and the repubs don't like it,who would have thought.hate Obama at all costs

Wrong. We are in, at best, the same place we were 5 years ago.

Correct about some Repubs not liking anything about Obama, no matter to cost.