Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 💪Muscle gallery  (Read 2102187 times)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 💪Muscle gallery
« Reply #5700 on: August 17, 2018, 05:16:38 PM »

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH   BE YE KE

I know the u2 Olympia was supposed to be controversial but Arnold clearly won.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5701 on: August 18, 2018, 12:12:11 AM »
Just as Sergio did in 1968  ;)

The big difference is that in 1968 no one dared to compete against him. Back in 1971, Sergio was suspended ,Joe and Ben Weiner blocking his appearance in the contest just days before. They chose that 1971 Mr.Olympia to be a joke.

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #5702 on: August 18, 2018, 02:27:18 AM »
Whoa... we've gone from comparing Arnold's legs during his era, to comparing him to an entirely different generation with arguably the best quads in bbing history -- Platz, to Arnold's sex life and party habits, implying that anybody claimed Sergio had weak legs "too", and now it's my "chicken legs".

Didn't realize you took these things so personally and had no intention of hurting your feelings.

Meanwhile, I'll try to improve my chicken legs in hopes of matching your massive wheels which is always conveniently kept covered up.

:D

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #5703 on: August 18, 2018, 05:05:41 AM »
The big difference is that in 1968 no one dared to compete against him. Back in 1971, Sergio was suspended ,Joe and Ben Weiner blocking his appearance in the contest just days before. They chose that 1971 Mr.Olympia to be a joke.

Arnold should be ashamed to Count this as a win ..LOL

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #5704 on: August 18, 2018, 05:24:45 AM »
Sergio, hey look at this Baby ;D

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #5705 on: August 18, 2018, 07:23:39 AM »
 from the 4:58 mark. weider made sure Arnold never went against Pearl the King.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #5706 on: August 18, 2018, 03:20:03 PM »
Sergio was suspended because he broke the new IFBB rule not to compete in other organizations. Both him and Arnold were warned about that. Arnold was planning to defend his NABBA Pro Universe title and then compete at the Olympia,but because of the ban he opted out of the Universe and did only the Olympia. Not his fault Sergio decided to do the Universe,where he lost to Bill Pearl. If it wasn't for the ban Arnold would've done the Universe and the Olympia and would've beaten Sergio in both. So basically Weiders saved Sergio from two more loses to Arnold.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #5707 on: August 18, 2018, 03:25:37 PM »
The big difference is that in 1968 no one dared to compete against him.
That's what the legend says but not according to this article:
http://www.musclememory.com/showArticle.php?mb690316

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #5708 on: August 18, 2018, 03:42:36 PM »

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5709 on: August 25, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »
Don’t know the year but the arms are looking kinda small:

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5710 on: August 26, 2018, 12:40:28 AM »
Sergio was suspended because he broke the new IFBB rule not to compete in other organizations. Both him and Arnold were warned about that. Arnold was planning to defend his NABBA Pro Universe title and then compete at the Olympia,but because of the ban he opted out of the Universe and did only the Olympia. Not his fault Sergio decided to do the Universe,where he lost to Bill Pearl. If it wasn't for the ban Arnold would've done the Universe and the Olympia and would've beaten Sergio in both. So basically Weiders saved Sergio from two more loses to Arnold.
id agree with that although I’m a bigger fan of a Prime olivas physique over Arnold, the shape Sergio was in the 1971 Nabba I think it’s pretty safe too say Arnold would of defeated him and Pearl, and although Sergio had sharpen up a lot bye the time he arrived in Pairs too Guess pose the physique Arnold brought that year was on a different level too what he brought @ the 1970 Olympia, 1972 was IMO a coin toss between the 2.

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5711 on: August 26, 2018, 01:25:53 AM »
 8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5712 on: August 26, 2018, 01:34:43 AM »

In a way, I really like these current photos of Arnold. He's younger than I am, but not by a lot. He's maintained a good physique, although the ravages of age definitely show. Like him, relatively speaking, I am not the gorgeous specimen of muscular masculinity I once was. ;)  Seeing recent photos of him are comforting. As bad as I think I look, I realize that I am in pretty darn good shape for a guy who is about to become 74 years old. He continues to inspire me.  

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #5713 on: August 26, 2018, 01:43:49 AM »
In a way, I really like these current photos of Arnold. He's younger than I am, but not by a lot. He's maintained a good physique, although the ravages of age definitely show. Like him, relatively speaking, I am not the gorgeous specimen of muscular masculinity I once was. ;)  Seeing recent photos of him are comforting. As bad as I think I look, I realize that I am in pretty darn good shape for a guy who is about to become 74 years old. He continues to inspire me.  

he's doing what he loves. bodybuilding is probably his only true love.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #5714 on: August 26, 2018, 01:47:24 AM »
from the 4:58 mark. weider made sure Arnold never went against Pearl the King.

Bill had a good thick look. impressive.  But I don't think any reasonable person would doubt that Arnold would've beaten Bill easily by 1971.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5715 on: August 26, 2018, 01:47:34 AM »
he's doing what he loves. bodybuilding is probably his only true love.

It is definitely one of my true loves. Thanks for reminding me of this. I need a swift kick in the ass to get it back to the gym!  ;D

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #5716 on: August 26, 2018, 01:51:52 AM »
It is definitely one of my true loves. Thanks for reminding me of this. I need a swift kick in the ass to get it back to the gym!  ;D

I always thought that was a statue in your avatar. but it's an actual person.... who is that?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5717 on: August 26, 2018, 01:53:31 AM »

I always thought that was a statue in your avatar. but it's an actual person.... who is that?

What??? No, that's me!  Okay, so I lie sometimes.  :D

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #5718 on: August 26, 2018, 02:50:46 AM »
Bill had a good thick look. impressive.  But I don't think any reasonable person would doubt that Arnold would've beaten Bill easily by 1971.
well then I'm not reasonable ;D Bill all the way for me.

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5719 on: August 26, 2018, 11:01:09 AM »
 8)

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5720 on: August 27, 2018, 01:25:40 AM »

Him:

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #5721 on: August 31, 2018, 03:27:41 PM »
id agree with that although I’m a bigger fan of a Prime olivas physique over Arnold, the shape Sergio was in the 1971 Nabba I think it’s pretty safe too say Arnold would of defeated him and Pearl, and although Sergio had sharpen up a lot bye the time he arrived in Pairs too Guess pose the physique Arnold brought that year was on a different level too what he brought @ the 1970 Olympia, 1972 was IMO a coin toss between the 2.

Good post,although I'll take Arnold's 73,74 shape over any version of Oliva.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5722 on: September 01, 2018, 08:11:58 PM »

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5723 on: September 02, 2018, 02:07:20 AM »
Good post,although I'll take Arnold's 73,74 shape over any version of Oliva.
yeah definitely think a 1973-74 Schwarzenegger in that type of shape would of been too good in fact looking @ it I’d say a 1974 Arnold would of beaten ANYONE in history right up too 1984...that year Haney brought something new and different... huge size with all round conditioning and was in exceptional shape that battle imo would be been very very close.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5724 on: September 02, 2018, 09:22:49 AM »

I wonder how much he weighted it there , 33 years ago and still the ideal men's physique by today's standards.