Author Topic: Lockheed Martin? Tell me 'bout it muricans.  (Read 1581 times)

Swede!!

• Getbig II
Lockheed Martin? Tell me 'bout it muricans.
« on: April 02, 2014, 03:57:15 PM »
Thinking about investing in this stock.

Looking for an 'murican war related stock. And this one seems solid. Looking @ a 3-5 year perspective.

Has anyone invested in it?

Bear232

• Getbig II
Re: Lockheed Martin? Tell me 'bout it muricans.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »
lockheed is currently laying off some its older employees.  they are cutting back as the defense expenditures are decreasing.  Still a solid long term stock.

Swede!!

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
lockheed is currently laying off some its older employees.  they are cutting back as the defense expenditures are decreasing.  Still a solid long term stock.

I read something about their production (most expensive yet) for the plane F35 is getting pushed forward to 2019. To save some expenses.. Im hoping it will continue with a solid rise over the next 3 years. As it has for the last 3.

Im guessing the opposite would have been better. Do you think the stock might get relative stagnation due to it. Or continue to rise at a decent pace? =)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »
Boeing is usually solid. General dynamics I believe is as well.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 09:38:29 PM »
Thinking about investing in this stock.

Looking for an 'murican war related stock. And this one seems solid. Looking @ a 3-5 year perspective.

Has anyone invested in it?

Invest in Military Industrial Complex, Vote for John McCain, Profit

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 01:27:33 AM »
Investing in "war stocks" 6 months before significant military downsizing begins and at the terminus of America's last major war for at least the next decade...BRILLIANT!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 01:41:55 AM »
Investing in "war stocks" 6 months before significant military downsizing begins and at the terminus of America's last major war for at least the next decade...BRILLIANT!

I'm sure we'll find a new enemy soon.

Swede!!

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 02:23:36 AM »
I'm sure we'll find a new enemy soon.

this is what Im thinking and I bet you will be pumping out military contracts either way  ;D

Swede!!

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 02:30:45 AM »
Boeing is usually solid. General dynamics I believe is as well.

was looking at a few ones

Boeing (74% military)
Lockheed Martin (74% military)
United Technologies (21% military)
Northrop Grumman (47% military)
General Dynamics (80% military)
Raytheo n (93% military)
L-3 Communications (83% military)

Sorted it by the most ammount of sales.

Raytheon is the cheapest per stock though. BUt 93% military so if the contracts stop coming....

All of them has been looking great during the last 3 years. I know thats no guarantee for the follow 3 obviously.

% of increase during the last 3:

Northrop Grumman: 97%
Raytheon 94%
Boeing 73%
L-3    51.95%
General Dy 42.91%
United Tec 40.51%.

Maybe Raytheon due to getting the most ammount of shares? They're also 10% increase this year alone. Not looking at a massive investment either. So wouldn't be the biggest deal if it goes south.

All of them besides boeing and United T. Are @ 8-15% in the last 4 months.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 03:40:24 PM »
Actually, I predict that a major conflict is coming wjen the incoming $$$ start to slow down foe the major players in military industrial complex. Think about it... every time we start to downsize and shifr away from the war machine, *boom!* international event propelling us back into war mode.

so really, this is the best time to buy into it, cause us murricans are gonna start getting the itch shortly. Aftwr all, charlies out there, getting stronger. And theres always someone that needs some killin freedom

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 10:46:40 PM »
this is what Im thinking and I bet you will be pumping out military contracts either way  ;D

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 01:10:10 AM »
Actually, I predict that a major conflict is coming wjen the incoming $$$ start to slow down foe the major players in military industrial complex. Think about it... every time we start to downsize and shifr away from the war machine, *boom!* international event propelling us back into war mode.

so really, this is the best time to buy into it, cause us murricans are gonna start getting the itch shortly. Aftwr all, charlies out there, getting stronger. And theres always someone that needs some killin freedom

Buying now would be buying at a high though, wouldn't it? Military downsizing isn't to begin until FY2015. It would make more sense to let that downsizing take its toll on the relevant stocks for a few years, buy low, then reap the rewards when the newest "enemy" is revealed.

Putting that aside, I really don't think there is going to be the political will, popular support, or money to fund a major war for quite a while -- look at the massive opposition to any overt intervention in Syria as a sign of the times. I say we've entered an at least two decade period of utilizing drones, clandestine work, special forces operations, local proxies, and bombing the shit out of places from afar rather than full-scale war to achieve our security "needs".

Feel free to rub it in my face on here if the next Korean War erupts out of nowhere though, lol

Swede!!

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 01:35:08 AM »
Lockheed Martin or Raytheon is the question though.

One is cheaper. But one seems to be focusing on commercial drones in the future.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 02:43:29 AM »
Buying now would be buying at a high though, wouldn't it? Military downsizing isn't to begin until FY2015. It would make more sense to let that downsizing take its toll on the relevant stocks for a few years, buy low, then reap the rewards when the newest "enemy" is revealed.

Putting that aside, I really don't think there is going to be the political will, popular support, or money to fund a major war for quite a while -- look at the massive opposition to any overt intervention in Syria as a sign of the times. I say we've entered an at least two decade period of utilizing drones, clandestine work, special forces operations, local proxies, and bombing the shit out of places from afar rather than full-scale war to achieve our security "needs".

Feel free to rub it in my face on here if the next Korean War erupts out of nowhere though, lol
i will  8)