Author Topic: Why no Thread on the latest Fort Hood Shooting?  (Read 5079 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Why no Thread on the latest Fort Hood Shooting?
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:41:34 AM »
Are the gun nutters getting tired of defending their position? Or has such shootings become so common now some of them just get simply ignored?
And what the fuck is going on at that military base? It seems to produce some real psycho's.
V

Purge_WTF

Re: Why no Thread on the latest Fort Hood Shooting?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 05:32:13 AM »
There's a thread about it in the Politics forum.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 05:45:15 AM »
"Gun nutters"

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 07:52:15 AM »
Are the gun nutters getting tired of defending their position? Or has such shootings become so common now some of them just get simply ignored?
And what the fuck is going on at that military base? It seems to produce some real psycho's.

No need to defend a position one is secure in. Insecure weenies never miss a chance to voice their fears though

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:07:23 AM »
People are becoming more and more desensitized to these mass shootings events.

Not surprised that the shooter was on SSRI meds... just like 50% of military personnel are.  This is how TPTB control their drones.  Sometimes it backfires though.

the trainer

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 08:19:31 AM »

Nobody in the shooting has arms over 17inches so why should we care.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 08:26:31 AM »
Its another one on a military base..involving soldiers...yet the fagg E-Kul somehow wants to blame all american gun owners as usual. ::)

'Guilt redistribution' - the Left's approach to all of these tragic events

Bear232

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 08:35:47 AM »
Guilt by association.  A very flawed logic.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 08:37:05 AM »
Its another one on a military base..involving soldiers...yet the fagg E-Kul somehow wants to blame all american gun owners as usual. ::)

'Guilt redistribution' - the Left's approach to all of these tragic events
Yeah, because a group all supporting the same ideology couldn't be bad for other people.  I suppose it was unfair to ban NAZISM in Germany all because of a few bad NAZIS. The problem couldn't have been because of the ideals the average NAZI endorsed and believed in.  ::)

I suppose it's bad to penalise drunk drivers because of a few drunken idiots who harmed and killed other people.  I guess speed limits are ludicrous too, because of a few idiots who can't handle driving at speed.  Seatbelts are stupid, so are helmets and all safety protection equipment.  All because of a few idiots.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 08:52:36 AM »
Guilt by association.  A very flawed logic.
You do realise there are exceptions to the Guilt by association.  Exception: If one can demonstrate that the connection between the two characteristics that was inherited by association is causally linked, or the probability of taking on a characteristic would be high, then it would be valid.

Like for instance, gun owners are at higher risk of homicide, suicide, and accidental death by gun.  So there is a direct correlation between gun ownership and risk of violence as opposed to non gun owners.
V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 09:03:24 AM »
Then don't buy a fucking gun.  Case closed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 09:08:19 AM »
sounds like fox news isn't blaming the dude for being a crazy A-hole.

They're blaming the healthcare system (Read: Obama) for letting him down.  WTF.

Fort Hood: Yet another tragedy from our broken mental health care system
Dr. Keith Ablow

Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, commanding general of III Corps and Fort Hood, speaks with the media outside of an entrance to the Fort Hood military base following a shooting that occurred inside, Wednesday, April 2, 2014, in Fort Hood, Texas.AP

It is now an old story, made new again by the tragic events of the second Fort Hood shooter.  Untreated, under treated or poorly treated mental illness leads to horrific violence. 

Now, a mentally ill man, Ivan Lopez, reportedly being treated for one or more psychiatric disorders, allegedly took the lives of three people at Fort Hood in Texas, wounded 16 others, and then took his own life.

Let me be clear: Comprehensive psychiatric treatment of quality means that it would almost never be the case that someone kills others while struggling with a mental illness.  In my opinion and experience as an adult, adolescent and forensic psychiatrist, the willingness to provide resources like the monitored use of anti-psychotic medications and enforced hospitalization can prevent 99.9 percent of all such violence.

The system by which we are deploying psychiatric services in America, particularly in the military, is broken.  That – not the availability of firearms – is the explanation for why 7 to 27 veterans commit suicide each day.  That broken system is the explanation for the skyrocketing rates of suicide among active duty soldiers—almost one a day in the latest study.

Part of the reason for the military’s particularly severe problem with addressing mental health is the notion of “resiliency”—that psychological services delivered to soldiers should help them quickly rebound from trauma, avoid dwelling on losses and get back to work.  Well, from everything I know, that’s the perfect way for denying your feelings and burying your suffering, which will then erupt in worsening symptoms over time. 

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/04/03/fort-hood-yet-another-tragedy-from-our-broken-mental-health-care-system/

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 09:12:18 AM »
Then don't buy a fucking gun.  Case closed.
That still doesn't lessen my risk of being killed by some random gun nutter in a high gun ownership country.  My risk will still be far higher than it need be.  Imagine there was no speed laws, and as a result there were more serious accidents, imagine I supported speed limits and was told by those who didn't support such laws "Well, just don't fucking speed then".  They may decrease my chances slightly of being killed on the road, but I am still put at greater risk of being killed by another speeding driver than if I would be in a country with speed limits"

V

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 09:15:24 AM »
That still doesn't lessen my risk of being killed by some random gun nutter in a high gun ownership country.  My risk will still be far higher than it need be.  Imagine there was no speed laws, and as a result there were more serious accidents, imagine I supported speed limits and was told by those who didn't support such laws "Well, just don't fucking speed then".  They may decrease my chances slightly of being killed on the road, but I am still put at greater risk of being killed by another speeding driver than if I would be in a country with speed limits"

::)

Better just stay indoors with a helmet on in a padded room all day then...you will be 'safe'  ::)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »
I can't stand it when suicidal/mentally ill people kill people before themselves - what's the fucking point? Obviously they have lost the plot, and we can't actually prevent these types of killings, but it really is the saddest shit out there.

"Mummy why is Daddy not home yet?"

"Sweetheart, someone was very unhappy so shot daddy and 3 of his colleagues at random in the head, so your life will be forever empty as well as mine".

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 09:17:01 AM »
"Mental Health" oh brother

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 09:23:35 AM »
::)

Better just stay indoors with a helmet on in a padded room all day then...you will be 'safe'  ::)
Yeah, that makes sense, why minimise unnecessary risk, let's just climb Mt Everest barefoot while wearing our pajamas.  Moron
V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 09:25:03 AM »

Fine.  All true.  What is it that you need to hear in order to move on from this topic, you nutbar autist?

it would almost never be the case that someone kills others while struggling with a mental illness. 

Yes, we here in the Army use only the certified sane to kill others.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »
Yeah, that makes sense, why minimise unnecessary risk, let's just climb Mt Everest barefoot while wearing our pajamas.  Moron
you better stay off the roads then

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 09:36:07 AM »
Fine.  All true.  What is it that you need to hear in order to move on from this topic, you nutbar autist?

I don't know that people will ever move on from the topic until it stops being a regular occurrence.  I just wish the necessary heartbreak could be felt for the innocent people killed, but these shootings just get lost in a mire of gun debate.  I think if more people actually identified with the victims they would be more willing to do anything to minimise such incidents occurring, even give up their guns.  There I said it, voluntarily give up their guns!  I have never owned a gun and would only consider one if the community I lived in become anarchistic and the rule of law broke down or if survival was dependant on hunting or even farming.

I am so glad I don't live in a culture dominated by guns, I think I would see that as symbolic of a failed society.  If I genuinely needed a gun for protection, then the country I live in is no longer striving to be civilised and has become anarchistic.  I would understand the need for guns in an anarchist society, but not in a civilized one. Perhaps America already is part anarchistic with a facade of being civilised.  I don't know what the answers are, but if I was given the choice of choosing between a gun culture and a non gun culture, I would choose the latter every day of the week.
V

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 09:40:47 AM »
What country do u live in...we're a nation of 350 million so unless your particular country is massive and completely peaceful you really can't compare the two.
L

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »
I agree with a lot of what you say.  You just seem kind of preoccupied with it is all.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 09:43:26 AM »
I don't know that people will ever move on from the topic until it stops being a regular occurrence.  I just wish the necessary heartbreak could be felt for the innocent people killed, but these shootings just get lost in a mire of gun debate.  I think if more people actually identified with the victims they would be more willing to do anything to minimise such incidents occurring, even give up their guns.  There I said it, voluntarily give up their guns!  I have never owned a gun and would only consider one if the community I lived in become anarchistic and the rule of law broke down or if survival was dependant on hunting or even farming.

I am so glad I don't live in a culture dominated by guns, I think I would see that as symbolic of a failed society.  If I genuinely needed a gun for protection, then the country I live in is no longer striving to be civilised and has become anarchistic.  I would understand the need for guns in an anarchist society, but not in a civilized one. Perhaps America already is part anarchistic with a facade of being civilised.  I don't know what the answers are, but if I was given the choice of choosing between a gun culture and a non gun culture, I would choose the latter every day of the week.

Typical liberal utopian fantasy world type thinking..

Hey, i bet those victims you speak wished very badly they would have had a gun on them when this guy entered the room. But by all means continue your fantasy land of world peace and unicorns and rainbows...if only those evil normal americans would turn in their evil guns!!!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2014, 09:46:15 AM »

lol
It's ironic isn't it.  Sometimes I think you have to be somewhat dysfunctional to do well in life, to fit into a disturbed system, you have to be slightly disturbed yourself.  You know, to consider it normal to join the military, travel overseas, kill strangers and travel home again and not be bothered by it, theres something disturbing about such a mindset. You would think such unnatural lifestyles would lead to far more people snapping.  It's almost when they snap, their humanness is exposed, all their repressed feelings finally get released, their angry, rage filled, frustrated feelings.  They seek revenge and to hurt others, all this is human and the normal consequence of torment, tragedy, loss, war and life itself.  One can only imagine the psychological twists, turns and maneuverings the so called normal psyche has to do to avoid such an outburst after experiencing trauma.

Insanity — a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world.
R. D. Lang

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives…. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends … and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.
John Lennon
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 09:48:41 AM »

Hey, i bet those victims you speak wished very badly they would have had a gun on them when this guy entered the room.
I bet they wished more that he didn't have a gun!
V