Author Topic: Do couples married for more than twenty years still have sex?  (Read 11886 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
If so, Why?
V

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Do couples married for more than twenty years still have sex?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 06:07:59 AM »
I imagine something like this once per 1-2 months...  :-\

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 06:34:35 AM »
I imagine something like this once per 1-2 months...  :-\

'bout sums it up. Give or take...

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 06:51:44 AM »
If so, Why?

Because it's still fun?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 07:03:14 AM »
I am at 14 years and accelerating. At this rate, by year 20, I will having sex 8 times a day... :-X

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 07:09:55 AM »
Of course they do !....

....Not with each other though.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 07:13:25 AM »
If anyone married this long tells you they have sex more than once a month, they are probably lying.

Biology dictates that men are suppose to have sex with as many females as possible in their lifetime.  

Women always say that the man is "cheating" if he has sex with another woman.  The only thing he is truly cheating is his natural biological directive which is to have sex with as many females as possible.  "Cheating" is a term a woman invented.

Simple Simon

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 07:20:20 AM »
If anyone married this long tells you they have sex more than once a month, they are probably lying.

Biology dictates that men are suppose to have sex with as many females as possible in their lifetime.  

Women always say that the man is "cheating" if he has sex with another woman.  The only thing he is truly cheating is his natural biological directive which is to have sex with as many females as possible.  "Cheating" is a term a woman invented.

I think you will find true adonis invented that term and renamed it the adonis principles.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 07:23:59 AM »

Based on your logic,

If I want to have a steak I have to go out and kill a cow ...

If I go to a restaurant and order an already cooked steak, Ill be cheating to my natural biological instincts.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 07:43:48 AM »
I am at 14 years and accelerating. At this rate, by year 20, I will having sex 8 times a day... :-X

Your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Please, tell me more.

Ok, all kidding aside, tell me more for christ's sake.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 07:49:52 AM »
If so, Why?

No. The women raise pit bulls and the guys go to the shooting range daily. No need for sex

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 07:52:43 AM »
Ok, all kidding aside, tell me more for christ's sake.

Well, it helps that my wife is a fitness professional and her body is her billboard. She's very dedicated and has improved physique-wise every year since I have known her.

And I (try) to take good care of myself and clean up well.

In short, we are both carnal beings that lust after each other physically and at times go at it savagely while the boy is on the xbox. We aren't perfectly matched in that I want sex daily, and she really likes it 4-5x/week.

We also love each other and there is nobody else I would want in a foxhole with me. Of course, I would be railing the shit out of her in the foxhole and we would be overrun, but that is another story.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 07:54:10 AM »
We also love each other and there is nobody else I would want in a foxhole with me. Of course, I would be railing the shit out of her in the foxhole and we would be overrun, but that is another story.
Death by meaty bayonet. What a way to go. ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 07:57:31 AM »

That's the test kicking in ;D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 07:57:58 AM »

Based on your logic,

If I want to have a steak I have to go out and kill a cow ...

If I go to a restaurant and order an already cooked steak, Ill be cheating to my natural biological instincts.

Not my logic... it's not even logic at all... it's simple biology.

I'm sorry if your woman only allows you to have sex with her an no one else.  You are a manjina... deal with it.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 07:59:31 AM »

That's the test kicking in ;D

My brother, that is helping A LOT.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »
Well, it helps that my wife is a fitness professional and her body is her billboard. She's very dedicated and has improved physique-wise every year since I have known her.

And I (try) to take good care of myself and clean up well.

In short, we are both carnal beings that lust after each other physically and at times go at it savagely while the boy is on the xbox. We aren't perfectly matched in that I want sex daily, and she really likes it 4-5x/week.

Here's my issue then, if I try to draw parallels to yours.

My wife is decidely not a fitness professional. She doesn't even like working out. Thankfully, she's maintained a very slim physique just due to genetics. Which of course I appreciate.

But, as my body fluctuates, she becomes more or less conflicted. When I'm puffy and heavy, she doesn't find me overly attractive. Yet, the prospect of intimacy is met with more favorably, shall we say.

When I'm below 10% BF, give or take, she finds me more attractive, but is more hesistant towards intimacy (in her words, she feels more self-conscious around me). This outweighs the attraction she feels to the abs, which she likes.

Perhaps if she were like your wife, and grew to own her own body, she may change her lens on her body. I certainly tell her how hot I think she is daily. I don't think she believes me though.

So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. And it's not like when I'm full on 15+ BF that I get it 4-5x/week. It's still 2-3x/month, at best. When I'm lean, that drops to 1-2x/month. The rub is that the extra supplementation I use does not help.

It is what it is. I love her and she's my best friend. I'd like to do her a lot more than I am now, is about my only gripe in our relationship; otherwise, we are perfectly compatible personality wise. We've talked about it a lot and I've tried being nice, being accommodating, all that fun stuff. Doing more chores around the house; doing the cooking; giving more massages; doing more of the stuff she likes in bed instead of what I like. Hasn't paid off. It's more like this is now the new bar I've set and it's the new "maintenance level" of attention I have to pay to her to get what I used to get when I was lazier about things. 

I have zero doubts about her faithfulness. I know you guys love to say that's what's going on. Not in this case. Because it's been like this for well over 15 years together...always the same consistency so it's not like things have gone up or down.

She just doesn't have that gear in her. As she approaches menopause in the next decade, this is not going to get any better.

I guess I just take what I can get and learn to live with it. It's not like I'm waking up this year surprised by it all. It's always been this way, and I suppose I can be blamed for settling on this front instead of finding a great woman who also has the same drive I do.

I can't afford a divorce just for the prospect of more intimacy with another partner. That's financially irresponsible. And I wouldn't humiliate a good friend like that. I'm too loyal to good friends, for better or worse.

Wow. I'm a beta with women. This post proves it.

Oh well, I'll go make some money or lift a shit ton of weight and go try and feel alpha somewhere else! LOL! And if not, there's a six pack of beer in the garage fridge that helps me convince myself I'm alpha anyways! LOL!

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 09:21:55 AM »
They do.. But it is not often.. And it is.. Most probably not.. As good as it was the first couple of times they had sex..

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 09:32:18 AM »
Here's my issue then, if I try to draw parallels to yours.

My wife is decidely not a fitness professional. She doesn't even like working out. Thankfully, she's maintained a very slim physique just due to genetics. Which of course I appreciate.

But, as my body fluctuates, she becomes more or less conflicted. When I'm puffy and heavy, she doesn't find me overly attractive. Yet, the prospect of intimacy is met with more favorably, shall we say.

When I'm below 10% BF, give or take, she finds me more attractive, but is more hesistant towards intimacy (in her words, she feels more self-conscious around me). This outweighs the attraction she feels to the abs, which she likes.

Perhaps if she were like your wife, and grew to own her own body, she may change her lens on her body. I certainly tell her how hot I think she is daily. I don't think she believes me though.

So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. And it's not like when I'm full on 15+ BF that I get it 4-5x/week. It's still 2-3x/month, at best. When I'm lean, that drops to 1-2x/month. The rub is that the extra supplementation I use does not help.

It is what it is. I love her and she's my best friend. I'd like to do her a lot more than I am now, is about my only gripe in our relationship; otherwise, we are perfectly compatible personality wise. We've talked about it a lot and I've tried being nice, being accommodating, all that fun stuff. Doing more chores around the house; doing the cooking; giving more massages; doing more of the stuff she likes in bed instead of what I like. Hasn't paid off. It's more like this is now the new bar I've set and it's the new "maintenance level" of attention I have to pay to her to get what I used to get when I was lazier about things.  

I have zero doubts about her faithfulness. I know you guys love to say that's what's going on. Not in this case. Because it's been like this for well over 15 years together...always the same consistency so it's not like things have gone up or down.

She just doesn't have that gear in her. As she approaches menopause in the next decade, this is not going to get any better.

I guess I just take what I can get and learn to live with it. It's not like I'm waking up this year surprised by it all. It's always been this way, and I suppose I can be blamed for settling on this front instead of finding a great woman who also has the same drive I do.

I can't afford a divorce just for the prospect of more intimacy with another partner. That's financially irresponsible. And I wouldn't humiliate a good friend like that. I'm too loyal to good friends, for better or worse.

Wow. I'm a beta with women. This post proves it.

Oh well, I'll go make some money or lift a shit ton of weight and go try and feel alpha somewhere else! LOL! And if not, there's a six pack of beer in the garage fridge that helps me convince myself I'm alpha anyways! LOL!

So I get this. As my wife has intimated in the past that she might feel self-conscious around me if I get "too good looking". But I called her on this when it seemed to be happening and she snapped herself out of it. She bluntly stated that she wants to be "the good looking one" in the relationship. That appears to be a woman thing. I am EXTREMELY appreciative of her physical assets and never miss an opportunity to talk to her about it. We laugh sometimes about how "difficult" her life is with her husband pawing at her 12 hours a day and gushing over her body.

Mostly, its about communication and making sure that you are heard. I do think that sometimes my wife (who is also approaching menopause age) does it more for me than for her.

Now that I have decided to go the "enhanced" route, it'll be interesting to see how this falls out. On one side, I am going to be enhancing the very things that she finds very attractive. On the other, as you say, there may be self-consciousness that'll settle in.

To split with somebody because they find you so attractive that they have trouble with their own self-image seems retarded, unless it becomes a real psychological disability.

Anyway, we should compare notes as we are not so far off from each other.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »
 I cannot tolerate a woman who needs to be the 'good looking one' in a partnership.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 09:47:27 AM »
I cannot tolerate a woman who needs to be the 'good looking one' in a partnership.

No worries friend, most women can't grow a beard.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 09:48:09 AM »

I could see where that would be a problem, you delicious hunk of man-meat (no homo).

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »
hahahaha  :D

the trainer

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2014, 10:25:30 AM »
I want to marry 7 woman one for each day of the week I might have to go to muslim to do this legally.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 10:29:25 AM »
So I get this. As my wife has intimated in the past that she might feel self-conscious around me if I get "too good looking". But I called her on this when it seemed to be happening and she snapped herself out of it. She bluntly stated that she wants to be "the good looking one" in the relationship. That appears to be a woman thing. I am EXTREMELY appreciative of her physical assets and never miss an opportunity to talk to her about it. We laugh sometimes about how "difficult" her life is with her husband pawing at her 12 hours a day and gushing over her body.

Mostly, its about communication and making sure that you are heard. I do think that sometimes my wife (who is also approaching menopause age) does it more for me than for her.

Now that I have decided to go the "enhanced" route, it'll be interesting to see how this falls out. On one side, I am going to be enhancing the very things that she finds very attractive. On the other, as you say, there may be self-consciousness that'll settle in.

To split with somebody because they find you so attractive that they have trouble with their own self-image seems retarded, unless it becomes a real psychological disability.

Anyway, we should compare notes as we are not so far off from each other.

Seems like we do have a lot in common.

I have also found that my wife and I handle stress differently.

When I'm stressed, I seek physical contact to reassure me.

When she's stressed, she likes to talk.

Recently, being promoted at work has caused her some new stress in life. And I'm sure she feels the stress all women do; over-burdening themselves with aspirations to be the perfect mom and career professional, while still feeling and looking young and beautiful and desirable. I try to help fulfill the last part of that statement, but only her job can make her feel successful at work, and if it doesn't, I bear that brunt. The kids are relentless...god help us both with that burden.

So we're doing a lot of talking these days. And I'm putting a lot into trying to relieve stress at home so it's easier for her to cope.

I try to make her feel desired. After all, as someone smarter than me said, "only men need to feel loved. Women need to feel desired".

But I do feel like I come in last. Which a dutiful husband doesn't mind doing on occasion; he puts his wife's needs before his own. But there's a difference between a dutiful husband and a subservient husband...and often that line is thin. It's all a matter of perception...a perception that one is appreciated or taken for granted.

Perhaps she is so stressed she feels I take her for granted. My perception is that I'm giving; she may tell me I'm so, but feel differently.

I will take a page out of your book for the next few weeks and continue on my current course, but impart upon her my need for her to be more receptive to advances. As you said (and I would not repeat to my wife!): I'm going to paw her and gush over her body and make sure I'm heard.

What's the worst that could happen? LOL!