Author Topic: Kevin Levrone: "I will never compete again".  (Read 16381 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: Kevin Levrone: "I will never compete again".
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2014, 03:40:33 AM »
Actually outside of modern bbing 224 is A LOT on a 5'9/5'10 frame esp if it is moderate bf levels

Modern bodybuilding? 224 pounds (Which is what I weigh) is not a mass monster there big guy ;-). Just a guy who lifts weights and carries around decent muscle. I'm totally surprised that so many people on here think that a guy in his low 200-230 pounds is a mass monster. You'd be surprised to see the average guy step on a scale and see how much he weighs. Throw some muscle on him see how much more he weighs. Makes me think that most guys who post on here never lifted a weight their entire lives.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2014, 03:44:32 AM »
Modern bodybuilding? 224 pounds (Which is what I weigh) is not a mass monster there big guy ;-). Just a guy who lifts weights and carries around decent muscle. I'm totally surprised that so many people on here think that a guy in his low 200-230 pounds is a mass monster. You'd be surprised to see the average guy step on a scale and see how much he weighs. Throw some muscle on him see how much more he weighs. Makes me think that most guys who post on here never lifted a weight their entire lives.

::)

I said "outside of modern bbing" as in the general public and 70's, 80's bbing

Ur judgement is clouded on size cause of "modern bbing"

224 @ 5'9 is huge in REAL WORLD combined with 12% or under bf which is very respectable

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2014, 03:45:07 AM »
5'9" is not short and 225 pounds isn't that heavy. I have an image of you being awkwardly tall and being thin as a rake. What are you? 6'3" and 175 pounds? Dude, I am 5'10" and 220-230 pounds and barely have any fat on me. I lift heavy weights and keep in shape and that's my bodyweight. Most people don't think I weight as much as I do. They clock me in at 190 pounds max and are shocked when I step on the scale, because like you, they have no conception of muscle mass and how much it weighs.

This is about Levrone not looking 225 pounds in a photo. Lets not make this all about you. Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to talk about your body weight and fat levels. I don't care.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2014, 04:00:26 AM »
Is he still drinking?

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2014, 05:04:59 AM »
224lbs with moderate bodyfat at 5'9 or even 5'10 is big... How do you guys think that Heath weigh today in contest shape? I will be surprised if he's over or even 230lbs, considering the very low bodyfat and that he's not a full 5'9... Wheeler also, how much does he weighed in 1993 ASC or Ironman, around 215lbs? Top level bodybuilder, and he didn't weigh that much over that when he was a bit bigger in 1998 ASC... Of course there is a big difference between 3-4% bodyfat and 8-10%, but being 224lbs at 5'9 fairly lean is impressive, imo...

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »
The look when he receives the bill after dinner and Shawn Ray says "hey kev , I left my wallet at home, can u cover me this time??!!"

Hahahahahaha! :D

His arm does look pretty good there, I must admit all, err, I mean, no homo.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2014, 02:55:04 PM »
This Just in....Due to an Upcoming movie currently filming, Kevin is Obliged to take time off from training and future contest so he can devote complete attention to this movie...Stay tuned for more updates as they become available

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2014, 03:51:57 PM »
To be contest shape at 225 or so pounds (at average height) is VERY big.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2014, 05:04:53 PM »
Kevin doesn't seem interested in addressing whatever long-standing mental issues he wrestles with, so expect an an average of 3 "comebacks" per year for the foreseeable future.

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2014, 06:21:14 PM »

There are guys who are massive at 230 lbs 5'10. It's all how you carry the weight.

Some guys barely look like they lift at 5'10 230 12% bf. Others look incredible at 220lbs 8% BF

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2014, 08:29:38 AM »
Exactly, it's enormous... Bodybuilding is full of fake reported weight to make the athletes seems more impressive than they already are, every show needs an official weigh-in like at the 1988 Olympia...

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2014, 09:42:17 AM »
I wish KEvin would fuck off already.  He was such a great bodybuild back in the day but now he has Tom Prince syndrome and is sad to look at.  I used to train delts maniacally wanting those caps he had.  Now he looks like a negro Hollywood Blvd. hustler.  I will never compete again - talk about taking the piss with us.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »
How is he 224.. Sxhwarzenegger was rumored to be 225 t the 75 O. Levrone is 5'9"??????? How is that 225???????

the numbers are all bullshit, that's how

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2014, 12:08:53 PM »
At what point in history was weight to height ratio the main method of evaluating bodybuilding success?
I never cared how much i weighted, the mirror was my scale.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2014, 12:18:42 PM »
Exactly, it's enormous... Bodybuilding is full of fake reported weight to make the athletes seems more impressive than they already are, every show needs an official weigh-in like at the 1988 Olympia...
I think when they flashed Flex Wheeler's stats at the 92 USAs it stated that he was 235. And then at the 93 Ironman vid, it said he was 235, and was visibly larger. And on the vid for the Arnold, I think it said the same. Now, for his Hardbody vid, which was filmed a week out from the 93 Mr. O, he said he was in the low 220s and had to cut the water. And he visually looked closer to his 93 Arnold and 92 USA weight.
Now fast fwd to some of spring shows in 96-97, and he said that he was 227 and 232, yet looked bigger, fuller, and less defined as he did at the 93 Arnold and 93 Olympia.

Add the fact that I remember reading an interview from him or Joe McNeal, and he stated that he was 215 at the USAs, 216 at the 93 Arnold, and 218 at the 93 Mr. Olympia. Which is a long way off from 235 which was stated as his weight.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »
I think when they flashed Flex Wheeler's stats at the 92 USAs it stated that he was 235. And then at the 93 Ironman vid, it said he was 235, and was visibly larger. And on the vid for the Arnold, I think it said the same. Now, for his Hardbody vid, which was filmed a week out from the 93 Mr. O, he said he was in the low 220s and had to cut the water. And he visually looked closer to his 93 Arnold and 92 USA weight.
Now fast fwd to some of spring shows in 96-97, and he said that he was 227 and 232, yet looked bigger, fuller, and less defined as he did at the 93 Arnold and 93 Olympia.

Add the fact that I remember reading an interview from him or Joe McNeal, and he stated that he was 215 at the USAs, 216 at the 93 Arnold, and 218 at the 93 Mr. Olympia. Which is a long way off from 235 which was stated as his weight.
Exactly... At their bodyfat, 218lbs and 235lbs is a huge difference... Those last numbers are the most truer, appreciate Wheeler for being honest...

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2014, 03:02:24 PM »
So he's telling us something he told us and did do 10 years ago...that's like Michael Jordan saying today that he will never play in the NBA again lol

Beat me to it.

End of thread. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2014, 05:03:47 PM »

offseason 260/280 reported ,with his small bird joints and all,i think that was bogus too,i don't care how much he injected.seo,synthol,ect he looked huge but i doubt it weight wise.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2014, 08:27:37 PM »
I wish KEvin would fuck off already.  He was such a great bodybuild back in the day but now he has Tom Prince syndrome and is sad to look at.  I used to train delts maniacally wanting those caps he had.  Now he looks like a negro Hollywood Blvd. hustler.  I will never compete again - talk about taking the piss with us.
dude......he was once one of the very best in the world.......absolutely fantastic bber......he is retired now......let him ride off into the sunset. nearly 50 years of age.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2014, 08:30:49 PM »
finally we are in agreement on something....

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2016, 07:24:16 PM »
"